Date: 29th February 2012
    Username: wasp
    City, State, Zip: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio 44221
    Selling or Wanted Price: 4500

Description:

VERY clean underneath, no rust.

LOTS more pictures here
    spirit r_t pictures by waspwaspwasp - Photobucket

I love this car but I think it's time to move on. I'll have to check the title for when I got it but I think I've had it 4 or 5 years now since around 125,000 miles.
    Not long after I got it it ate a rod bearing (2-3 months). It was low on oil, had a balance shaft oil pan with no balance shafts. Not sure if it was my oversight or the previous owner's.

I removed the engine and had the block cleaned up and line-bored. When I got it back it looked brand spanking new and the shop painted it a nice black. I have a lot of pictures somewhere. I sourced a "new" crank that measured perfect all stock bearings and a good set of TIII rods. Rods/crank were checked by the shop. Previous owner had Venolia pistons, .020" over I think. They were reused. Shop installed new intermediate shaft bearings. I've had no i-shaft problems at all. I Also have done the timing belt pulley relocation. Most of the lifters (if not all, can't remember) have been replaced with FWD lifters.
    White, ~135,000 miles

The previous owner fitted a turbonetics turbo, 45lb/min rating. I have added +40% injectors, aFPR, and a FWD stage iv cal. It also got a new FWD 4 puck clutch. Its got about 8-10k miles on the rebuild and it has been perfect. I have eliminated the equal-length half-shaft setup due to a funny vibration. I still have the parts. It has a manual boost controller set to 20psi. It needs a walbro 255 to run more boost. It also has a large front mount intercooler and full sized radiator with dual fans (imperial/dynasty forget which car they came from).
    Fresh gates timing belt. The previous owner had a custom 3" exhaust made including 3" muffler (3" in and out) and its actually fairly quiet and easy to get along with.

Inside there is an AEM AFR gauge and boost gauge. The interior is in very, very good condition. I've also completely swapped out the HVAC box with a box from an early 90s imperial. It has a much better A/C evaporator and it now has automatic climate control. Power windows/locks/mirrors/driver's seat.

This car originally came from Tennessee. It never saw snow there and it's never been driven in snow here. Garage kept at all times. I always waited for several rain days after the last snow to be sure the roads were salt free. The underside is perfect without a spot of rust. The body is rust-free. It could use some paint here and there but its well on its way toward being perfect if someone took the time to fix the paint. There's no peeling paint or missing paint or anything, it's just that its 21 years old.

Tires are good, i think it has '92 r/t rims on it. I also have the original rims. Also, I have a lot of spare body parts I got a few years ago. A hood, couple trunks and some doors if you can fit them take them with you.
    Mostly this car is in fantastic condition. The motor is very strong! Pictures coming soon!
    Last edited by wasp; 05-15-2013 at 12:21 PM.

boostaholic

Re: FS: 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T rust free white

So close, yet the wallet is sooo far!

Garrett booster

Thanks, one of the cleanest underbody spirits you'll see!
    also looking for trade + my cash for your limited jeep liberty diesel!

Garrett booster

Bump, rust free fast r/t here

Mitsu booster

Is this still for sale? New to the forum and looking for a Spirit R/T Turbo.