Date: 28th February 2012
Username: vipernbox
Full Name:Ron Holm
City, State, Zip:Kansas City KS 66109
Selling or Wanted Price:750

Description: I just had a local guy drop this off at the house, He was going to send it off to pick and pull... I don't have any use for it, well not as a complete car anyway..... I figured there were enough parts here it didn't make sense not to buy it.. the haul the scrap...

But before I start chopping it up... (my main reason was pulling a roof skin to fix the crappy aftermarket sunroof in my CSX.) I figure I will offer it up for sale here just in case anyone wants to keep the car on the road..

I don't know much about it.. I have driven it about a 1/2 mile.. It sounds like the main bearings are shot.. Knocks like mad until oil pressure comes up.. Then idles nice and quiet. Then makes noise again when revved up.. No oil pressure guage of course.. So I dunno.. I didn't see the light.. which seemed to function... Turbo boosted fine.. ran decent.. started right up.. Shifted nice... just a bit rattly. didn't hear any rod knocking.. but something is sure banging around...

Overall it isn't in bad shape... The hood is a bit rough.. but overall it is a fairly straight car.. Interior is not perfect.. but maybe better than average.. If it gets parted.. I plan on throwing the Awesome Shadow ES seats into the CSX.. They are so comfy..

Pix of the worst of the rust I saw during a quick look shown..

150K something miles IIRC...

Oh.. and has anyone ever seen these weird bling additions to the snowflake wheels.. They are beat up.. but.. what the heck?

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

Oh.. and air filter is in the backseat floor.. I had to pull it to hit the starter wire.. The I think the starter relay is acting up.. also.. But I dunno.. i didn't have time to mess with it.. So i started it the easy way...