Thread: broken lower door hindge on lebaron vert

Garrett booster

broken lower door hindge on lebaron vert

the hindge on the drivers side door broke off the door but not the whole way it still shuts easy. now can i just re weld this or do i need a new door i would post a pic butdontknow if i can attach a pic

boostaholic

Re: broken lower door hindge on lebaron vert

You can weld it. I've done it two ways, pull the door off and do it while on the car. If you decide to do it on the car, make sure you don't weld it crooked or it won't shut right. Also, you probably won't be able to weld the entire thing and it *could* crack again. Put a few tacks on the upper hinge to make sure it doesn't suffer the same fate.
    Pete Faggella 03 PT Cruiser, 2.4L N/A 5 speed. Daily driver. All stock with baby moon wheels. 85 LeBaron 2.2TBI auto. Hoped I'd see a difference with bumped compression, but I didn't. Still slow. "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!'"

Garrett booster

so best bet is to take the pins out the door and take the door off and weld it real good

boostaholic

Yes sir.
    Pete Faggella 03 PT Cruiser, 2.4L N/A 5 speed. Daily driver. All stock with baby moon wheels. 85 LeBaron 2.2TBI auto. Hoped I'd see a difference with bumped compression, but I didn't. Still slow. "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!'"