Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TEAM SHELBY 50th CELEBRATION NORTHEAST

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: TEAM SHELBY 50th CELEBRATION NORTHEAST

So the cheapest option is $125 and includes the following:

1. Shelby Cruise from Winchester, VA to Carlisle, PA. Ending in a grand entrance to the Carlisle Ford Nationals.

2. One ticket to the Friday night "Shelby 50th Golden Celebration Party" Live entertainment, celebrity guests, food and beverage included. This will be an EPIC Shelby event!

3. Exclusive access to Quarter Aces Drag-O-Way ($20.00 per. Car entrance fee will apply)

4. One ticket to Saturday's Shelby car show @ Carlisle including lunch, entertainment and Guinness World Records documenting history in the making. (Team Shelby and Carlisle Events are working with Guinness World Records to set the first record for the most Shelbys gathered in one place.) This is sure to be a historic Shelby event.

5. One ticket to the Team Shelby Down Town Carlisle Parade Party. Hors d' oeuvres are included. (Cash Bar)
    (To Drive your car in the parade you must register and pay a $10.00 fee with Carlisle.)
    [B]Scott[/B] 86 GLHS #408 88 Shadow ES 92 Spirit R/T 04 SRT-4

Resident Nuke Turbo Mopar Contributor denviola's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ScottD View Post
    So the cheapest option is $125 and includes the following:
    Almost -
    The way I read it you still have to pay the $40 to Carlisle to participate, plus $10 more for the parade. I'm doing it, may not get the chance again.
    UNK
    PS saw the pictures of your 86 S you posted on FB. Sweet, can't wait to see it in person.
    SDAC Member, Steel City Chapter SDAC Member, SV-SDAC member, SV-TD Member
    www.sv-td.com
    85 600 ES Turbo Conv., 91 Spirit R/T
    2014 RAM Laramie Longhorn Crew Cab Dually. 6.7 CTD, AISIN, 4.10 gear
    68 GS400 (owned since 1973, someday 455)
    2012 Can-AM RT Limited

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 30 PSI SHADOW's Avatar

[QUOTE=denviola;900082]Almost -
    The way I read it you still have to pay the $40 to Carlisle to participate, plus $10 more for the parade. I'm doing it, may not get the chance again.
    UNK

exactly. It should be fun, and mingle with a different crowd too. may never get to do it again!
    Bill Baker
    NESDAC Pres.
    Rutland,Vermont
    90 Shadow VNT comp 332WHP/390WTQ
    12.26@116MPH-27psi (SOLD)
    89 CSX #269 59k
    83 Rampage T3 11.78@118MPH- 22psi

Registered today, doing the event starting with the Winchester to Carlisle cruise. Will have to call Carlisle to register. Will not let me leave the car class field empty online, and when you list Shelby all the classes are Mustangs. Read there are 400 spaces reserved for Shelbys in the infield. Who else has reserved?
    UNK
    www.sv-td.com
    2012 Can-AM RT Limited

Hybrid booster

Wish I could make it, but between making SDAC this year (fingers crossed) and Cambodia i'm just about all used up on Vacay time. Have a great time guys and represent for us SD's!!! I'd just embarass us anyways...probably spend most of my time on the side of the road =P

Bump....
    Bill Baker
    NESDAC Pres.
    Rutland,Vermont
    89 CSX #269 59k

turbo addict

This reminds me of when I raced with the then 12 second Omni GLH Turbo at Indy in the Shelby American Auto Club Nationals back in the 1980s. I was runner up and was paid....NOTHING! BUT.....a certain lowly 84 Horizon won the Corvette Nationals in 1993 and 1995 and got paid well...also at Indy. I am always on the look out for races that national car clubs hold in which any make is allowed so I can cause a bit of embarresment! If any of you guys hear of these events, let me know please. June 2nd I'll be racing for points in the United Manul Transmission Racers series at Mountain Park Dragway in KY (about 265 miles from home) and the next day I'll be racing for poiints at Indy!
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]47 Time NHRA/IHRA drag race champ-----84 Plymouth Horizon/1 of 84 HO equipped from the factory/1910 lbs, 2.5 with carb, nearly 315,000 miles-----04 SRT4/S2 with S3 turbo/12.17 @ 119/DOTs/93 Octane/SOLD-----2003 PT Cruiser GT, won a True Street class at the 2017 National Muscle Car Association World Street Finals-----2010 Toyota Prius/my delivery truck, 77.9 mpg best and NOT A PLUG IN, nearly 230,000 miles and way over 5600 miles per month! [/COLOR][/SIZE]

So, who else besides me has signed up, and where/when are you joining the event?
    I'm driving to Summit point for the start of the poker run to Carlisle on Friday and am registered for the whole weekend show and the parade as well.
    www.sv-td.com
    2012 Can-AM RT Limited

turbo addict

I haven't signed up and it's probably too late. I'd like to do the poker run on Friday and the car show / parade. Let me see if spots are still open.

Just needing to know if anyone is coming to determine if I'm gonna bring my camper to the spot where we camp during the Chrysler show. So far there is no need. Looks like I'll crash at my sister's place on the other side of Carlisle.
    UNK
    www.sv-td.com
    2012 Can-AM RT Limited

turbo addict

Why doesn't SDAC have a trailer like this? JT can you work on that?

Plus they had 2 hot Team Shelby chicks walking around barely dressed. Didn't have the balls to take their picture next to my car. Chicken Sh!t.

It's pretty cool hearing the super charger whine of the Shelby GT350's. A lot of newer boss 302's there also. Wouldn't mind having either of those mustangs.

Can't believe the Cobra was scared to come out and play with the GLHS but at least we got together. I had to work yesterday so I missed racing around the track but did make it out today to take some pics. Love anything Shelby, even the Shelby series 1, lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0176.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	537.6 KB 
ID:	39893   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0180.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	510.7 KB 
ID:	39894   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0182.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	486.4 KB 
ID:	39895  

Nice! Keep the pics rolling bud!!!!
    Bill Baker
    NESDAC Pres.
    Rutland,Vermont
    89 CSX #269 59k

Mike, did you run or just visit at Summit point? I met up with the TS group there with my CSX Friday morning for the poker run back to Carlisle and stayed with them until the wrap up party late Saturday night. I'll be sending an article for the Up Front SDAC newsletter.
    The sweetest part of the weekend for me was Saturday morning. When the big parade of Shelbys came into the show field on Friday, the local newpaper took a pictue of me cleaning my car. Saturday morning one of the vendors told me I was on the cover of the Carlisle Sentinel newspaper, and one of the TS members gave me a copy. The Dodge Shelby steals the cover at the Ford event! A guy from work posted it on facebook.
    BTW the scantily clad ladies were at all the weekend events.
    Denny
    www.sv-td.com
    2012 Can-AM RT Limited

dude thats the best!!! im happy for you iwas hopint to be there but finishing my rampage is pinicle
    Bill Baker
    NESDAC Pres.
    Rutland,Vermont
    89 CSX #269 59k

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 168glhs1986 View Post
    LOL, that is a nice trailer!

Love anything Shelby, even the Shelby series 1, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by denviola View Post
    Mike, did you run or just visit at Summit point? I met up with the TS group there with my CSX Friday morning for the poker run back to Carlisle and stayed with them until the wrap up party late Saturday night. I'll be sending an article for the Up Front SDAC newsletter.
    The sweetest part of the weekend for me was Saturday morning. When the big parade of Shelbys came into the show field on Friday, the local newpaper took a pictue of me cleaning my car. Saturday morning one of the vendors told me I was on the cover of the Carlisle Sentinel newspaper, and one of the TS members gave me a copy. The Dodge Shelby steals the cover at the Ford event! A guy from work posted it on facebook.
    BTW the scantily clad ladies were at all the weekend events.
    Denny
    Damn, wish I could have made it out.... Sounds awesome! Thanks for the recap and for representing SDAC! And thanks in advance for the Up Front article!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

turbo addict

I wanted to do this also but I'm trying to get the Daytona rolling for SDAC.

That was great you got on the front page Denny! Were you the only FWD car in the parade and show field?

Hybrid booster

Hey, Denny it was great having you at Carlisle. Your CSX was more the talk of the show then you know. The Mach owners enjoyed talking to you and wished you could have made it to one of the cookouts.

I talked to John Clor today and he really enjoyed talking to you yesterday. He told me he used to run a Shadow in autocross events before going to work for Ford. He loved the fact that you brought the CSX and that you also have the GLHS. He truly is a car guy and loves talking cars. For his celebrity he picked a 99 Mustang GT that had over 200,000 miles on it when the owners restored it. It is still being used for Daily Driver Duties.

I'm glad the majority of the Ford owners treated you with respect and apologize for the idiots that made smart comments. Unfortunately every group has their idiots.

The local group wants you to bring the CSX on the Crab Run in August.

Would you guys believe Unk signed a Ford? I'll let him share the rest of the story.
    Last edited by bris09; 06-03-2012 at 08:49 PM.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by 168glhs1986 View Post

Plus they had 2 hot Team Shelby chicks walking around barely dressed. Didn't have the balls to take their picture next to my car. Chicken Sh!t.

It's pretty cool hearing the super charger whine of the Shelby GT350's. A lot of newer boss 302's there also. Wouldn't mind having either of those mustangs.

Can't believe the Cobra was scared to come out and play with the GLHS but at least we got together. I had to work yesterday so I missed racing around the track but did make it out today to take some pics. Love anything Shelby, even the Shelby series 1, lol.
    Did you get to see the Shelby 1000? Over 1000hp and is streetable. For meanly $250k you too can own one. 2013 GT500 is 662hp and is capable of over 200mph with a base price of $54k. Not bad for a 200mph street car.

Quote Originally Posted by bris09 View Post

I'm glad the majority of the Ford owners treated you with respect and apologize for the idiots that made smart comments.

The local group wants you to bring the CSX on the Crab Run in August.

Would you guys believe Unk signed a Ford? I'll let him share the rest of the story.
    The negative comments were very few, and usually said by someone passing by that didn't want to look at the car. I was extremely pleased that the CSX got so much attention, and the turbo-dodges were the "I used to have" rides from the attendees. That statement was many times followed by "wish I still had it". It's all good. Many people asked where they could get one. I gave contact info for Billy Lofink about 12 times, since he has one for sale.
    Give me the info on the crab run for this year. I was apprehensive about coming before, but not now after meeting some of the group. Will go if I can.
    One of the GT 500s found the tire wall at Summit Point, and damaged the passenger door and a few other things. He was having the Shelby owners sign the door in sharpie. He invited me to sign as well, so I did and told him the SRT-4 hood story from SDAC Topeka in 2006. He plans on bringing the door skin to future Shelby events.
    On the way home late Saturday night a guy in a Mach with a supercharger passed me, then downshifted to see if I was interested. I downshifted to fourth just for fun, then to third as there was a traffic light ahead. He downshfted as well and it was obvious he was ready. As he lagged behind the light we were rolling toward turned green, so I downshifted to second and rolled through the light. He thought I was on it, so the next sound I heard was a whine and an ear-splitting roar. I stepped on it very briefly, and let off. He recognized that I wasn't going to play so he let off as well, although at that time he was way ahead. Caught up to him at the next light as he was turning and told him "Very Nice". The sound of horsepower is awesome.
    www.sv-td.com
    2012 Can-AM RT Limited

got more pics? hopefully they will do the show next year...
    Bill Baker
    NESDAC Pres.
    Rutland,Vermont
    89 CSX #269 59k

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast