Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which boost button stage cal is equal to fwd stage 5? also fuel/injector question?

Garrett booster

Which boost button stage cal is equal to fwd stage 5? also fuel/injector question?

so yeah, just wondering which stage cal is equal to fwd stage 5, and also when it says premium fuel required,could I still run regular on that cal provided I don't boost too high? or at all? like say I got stuck in a pinch driving somewhere and had no choice but to run crap fuel? can I still do it or should I just keep the stock injectors and stock ecu with me and do the swap at the pump? also I need a definitive answer on 2g dsm 450cc injectors, from my math they equal to +20's not +40's as some say. trying to figure out for sure.thanks guys.
    Last edited by Aries_Turbo; 02-02-2012 at 09:33 AM. Reason: removed hard to read color

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Re: Which boost button stage cal is equal to fwd stage 5? also fuel/injector question

I don't have one equal to the FWD stage 5. I wanted to wait and see if the S.2-S.4 needed anything before I finished up the S.5.

In vacuum the cal is close to stock, but with a little more timing. Even if you stay out of boost, you might get some knock, but the computer should be able to reatrd the timing enough so that it shouldn't be damaging - as long as you stay out of boost.

450cc injectors rated at 43.5psi, will flow 48pph at 55psi (our base fuel pressure). So, they're kind of in between +20's (42pph) and +40's (52pph). A +20 cal would be richer with those and a +40 cal would be lean.
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Garrett booster

Re: Which boost button stage cal is equal to fwd stage 5? also fuel/injector question

so what if i adjusted the fuel pressure a bit higher on a +40 cal? or for that matter dialed it back a bit for the +20 cal? and when might the stage 5 be released good sir? thank you for your help,it is GREATLY appreciated.

Garrett booster

Anyone please feel free to answer my questions here. I know at least half of you that have read or are reading this thread knows the answer here. Why is everyone all of a sudden not sharing knowledge? What is this ----? The "other site"?

turbo addict

you dont adjust the fuel pressure with a proper tune. it stays 55 static. a +40 cal is a +40 cal. a +20 cal is a +20 cal. there is no fuel adjusting via the regulator. get the proper tune. anyone can scale it. its not hard. its all point and click now. i wouldnt honestly worry about the "premium fuel required" as long as you stay out of boost and dont go running the shyt out of it. if your worried about it order a fourplay from rob and have a crap fuel tune and a few different ones. 87 octane isnt gonna hurt anything out of boost. there isnt really a load to create knock that would damage anything. premium fuel to me is 91+

Garrett booster

thank you roachjuice. why was that so hard for everyone? I don't get it. thank you,thank you very much!

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by moparmikehunt View Post
    thank you roachjuice. why was that so hard for everyone? I don't get it. thank you,thank you very much!
    people are busy and the info is all on here. i just so happened to look in here. with your dsm injectors i think there is a way in the new tuning program to add an injector size. i could be wrong. but i would run the +20's cal if there isnt one and maybe turn the fuel pressure down. just watch the wideband to make sure it doesnt go lean. rob makes his off the shelf tunes a little rich up top (well on my car atleast) i think its to cover his own. cant blame the guy. but thats what you get with an off the shelf tune. if you want a custom tune i'd pm rob if i were you. he can hook you up but i dunno if he has time or not.

turbo addict

i would much rather lower fuel pressure and scale for smaller inj instead of the other, lower fuel pressure will help the fuel pump live longer...

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Honestly, bitching and crying about it is the opposite of what you want to do when you need other people's help. Sounds like YOU are too used to posting on the "other site"?

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

I would just go into injector size, add 48pph to the list, then scale the cal for that and leave the fuel pressure at 55.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Garrett booster

listen mnmopar and roach. the point im making is the thread had so many views but no one was answering my question when i knew damn well at least half of you knew the answer and people are busy? yall sure had time to read the thread didn't you? if you have time to read the thread,you have time to post. and ive done lots of research and there's too much conflicting info around. so suck on that. and thank you again everyone, i do greatly appreciate the help.

turbo addict
    listen mnmopar and roach. the point im making is the thread had so many views but no one was answering my question when i knew damn well at least half of you knew the answer and people are busy? yall sure had time to read the thread didn't you? if you have time to read the thread,you have time to post. and ive done lots of research and there's too much conflicting info around. so suck on that. and thank you again everyone, i do greatly appreciate the help.
    I look at threads all the time. Doesn't mean I wanna put my 2 cents in.

Most of the people reading probably don't know anymore than you do, and were waiting for the answer same as you.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

The moderately moderate moderator Turbo Mopar Staff

You made an assumption there. Bad idea.
    Bryan
    86 GLHS #161, 2016 Impala
    SDAC National Member, SDAC Buckeye Chapter Member

A man has got to know his limitations.....

Garrett booster

alright, my bad. yall are right.thank you all for chiming in. and thank you for setting me straight. I love this place! keep boostin gentlemen.

The moderately moderate moderator Turbo Mopar Staff

No problem. We have all been there. Next time if you need something faster, post it in the "I need help" forum. No guarantee, but guys tend to post up faster in that area.
    Bryan
    86 GLHS #161, 2016 Impala
    SDAC National Member, SDAC Buckeye Chapter Member

A man has got to know his limitations.....

turbo addict

Most of us who can answer your question also downloaded rob's cal and make our own modifications to it, and we do not deal with "stage". Plus, you have no business using a stage 5 cal if you have a stock long block and just want to run higher boost.

We adjust to whatever PSI we want to run, injectors, cold start, map sensor etc.

You can put whatever injectors # you want and the program will scale for you.

Most injectors are there have spec from using a 3 bar regulator. You need to convert them to 4 bar if you want to use their flow is on a turbo dodge engine.

DSN injectors are 48.19 lb/hr at 4 bar.
    http://www.witchhunter.com/injectorcalc1.php4

Download MPtuner, install wideband, and tune it your way.

Direct link for bigger pic
    http://www.thelostartof.net/tryingbe.../injectors.JPG

http://www.thelostartof.net/tryingbe...une/booost.JPG

Last edited by tryingbe; 01-31-2012 at 10:04 AM.

Visit www.boostbutton.com... Turbo Mopar Contributor ShelGame's Avatar

Is everyone still using MPT1?
    https://db.tt/SV7ONZpQ
    Rob Lloyd
    '89 Daytona C/S

2.5 T1 Auto
    13.24 @ 100.5mph
    NHRA #3728 AF/S

boostbutton.com
    tuning wiki

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    Lol I was just wondering the same FTR I use MPTune exclusively now.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by ShelGame View Post
    I am going to stuck with MPtuner. I have the tune almost the way I want it, and there is no benefit for me to change, unless someone have master the boost control settings in MPtune.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast