Thread: FS: 97' Dodge Neon DOHC ACR Coupe

Garrett booster

FS: 97' Dodge Neon DOHC ACR Coupe

Posting up my daily driver to see if there's any interest. Its a 1997 Dodge Neon ACR DOHC Coupe. White with white aluminum wheels. Has the dohc motor with acr 5 speed trans. final drive ratio is 3.94 and 5th gear is lower for improved acceleration. Ice cold air condition, heat, defrost, am/fm radio...(Normally the ACR's dont come with ac or radio, this one was ordered with those options from the factory). Im told there were around 2500-4200 first generation ACR's built. These Neons were built for SCCA racing, and the ACR package also includes 4 wheel disc brakes, upgraded 22mm sway bars, weight reduction, dual overhead cam 2.0l motor, no speed governor, aluminum wheels... Has a brand new windshield, new driver side half shaft, front motor mount, changed trans fluid with pennzoil syncromesh (shifts excellent), changed oil with 5w30 and a k/n oil filter, and replaced all belts including the timing belt. I undercoated the floors and trunk with spray on bed liner. Has NO rust anywhere. The only mod is a K/N cold air intake, apart from a magnaflow high flow spun catalytic converter and a 2ft cherry bomb glass pack I had welded up a few days ago. Its not perfect but its very clean, only a few dings here and there. It has the factory dohc power bulge hood, with ghost flames on the hood and fenders. The flames are nearly invisible in daylight, but show quite well at night. I replaced the headlight assemblies and added blue bulbs. They are the brightest plug in bulbs on the market. The interior is very clean, apart from a small tear on the back of the drivers seat and a rattle in the door once in a while, its in very good shape. Also has Koni adjustable damper struts which were part of the ACR package, tuning knob is included. Front tires have decent tread, rear are pretty good. If you have any questions let me know, $3800 OBO, as far as trades go Im looking for a Dart, a Duster, or a Jeep (CJ7 or Wrangler) Let me know what you have. I had a Dodge dealership decode the vin, the first two pictures below are page 1/3 of the factory options.
    ---------- Post added at 01:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

[IMG][/IMG]H
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by mopargriffin; 01-24-2012 at 02:44 AM.

Garrett booster

Re: FS: 97' Dodge Neon DOHC ACR Coupe

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

turbo addict

1997 ACR production numbers.....
    sedan 410 coupe 1049 total 1459
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]47 Time NHRA/IHRA drag race champ-----84 Plymouth Horizon/1 of 84 HO equipped from the factory/1910 lbs, 2.5 with carb, nearly 315,000 miles-----04 SRT4/S2 with S3 turbo/12.17 @ 119/DOTs/93 Octane/SOLD-----2003 PT Cruiser GT, won a True Street class at the 2017 National Muscle Car Association World Street Finals-----2010 Toyota Prius/my delivery truck, 77.9 mpg best and NOT A PLUG IN, nearly 230,000 miles and way over 5600 miles per month! [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Garrett booster

Need the money, going to regret selling, $3200 cash takes it. 1st generation American Club Racer Neon Coupe. Starts every time. Very clean, rare, fast, daily driver.

Hybrid booster

How many miles are on it?

Garrett booster

131k, daily driven. I put apx. 50 miles on it per week.

Mitsu booster

This is a beautiful car. Good luck with the sale...I just wish I had the extra cash.

Garrett booster

^ Thank you for your comment.

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by mopargriffin View Post
    Posting up my daily driver to see if there's any interest. Its a 1997 Dodge Neon ACR DOHC Coupe. White with white aluminum wheels. Has the dohc motor with acr 5 speed trans. final drive ratio is 3.94 and 5th gear is lower for improved acceleration. Ice cold air condition, heat, defrost, am/fm radio...(Normally the ACR's dont come with ac or radio, this one was ordered with those options from the factory). Im told there were around 2500-4200 first generation ACR's built. These Neons were built for SCCA racing, and the ACR package also includes 4 wheel disc brakes, upgraded 22mm sway bars, weight reduction, dual overhead cam 2.0l motor, no speed governor, aluminum wheels... Has a brand new windshield, new driver side half shaft, front motor mount, changed trans fluid with pennzoil syncromesh (shifts excellent), changed oil with 5w30 and a k/n oil filter, and replaced all belts including the timing belt. I undercoated the floors and trunk with spray on bed liner. Has NO rust anywhere. The only mod is a K/N cold air intake, apart from a magnaflow high flow spun catalytic converter and a 2ft cherry bomb glass pack I had welded up a few days ago. Its not perfect but its very clean, only a few dings here and there. It has the factory dohc power bulge hood, with ghost flames on the hood and fenders. The flames are nearly invisible in daylight, but show quite well at night. I replaced the headlight assemblies and added blue bulbs. They are the brightest plug in bulbs on the market. The interior is very clean, apart from a small tear on the back of the drivers seat and a rattle in the door once in a while, its in very good shape. Also has Koni adjustable damper struts which were part of the ACR package, tuning knob is included. Front tires have decent tread, rear are pretty good. If you have any questions let me know, $3800 OBO, as far as trades go Im looking for a Dart, a Duster, or a Jeep (CJ7 or Wrangler) Let me know what you have. I had a Dodge dealership decode the vin, the first two pictures below are page 1/3 of the factory options.
    ---------- Post added at 01:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

[IMG][/IMG]H
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

HI - I guess you sold it by now?