Thread: 1988 Shelby CSX-T what number?

Mitsu booster

1988 Shelby CSX-T what number?

!988 Shelby CSX-T vin 1B3BS44E4JN218917 can someone tell me what number this car is?

Hybrid booster

Re: 1988 Shelby CSX-T what number?

Is it your car homie? You should post some photos so we turbo dodgers can check it out!

You should also put it in the shelby registries

We Todd D dot D Turbo Mopar Staff sdac guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsst View Post
    !988 Shelby CSX-T vin 1B3BS44E4JN218917 can someone tell me what number this car is?
    Dash Plaque # 365

Barry
    86 Shelby Lancer Prototype
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

For your questions about SDAC, please contact BadAssPerformance

Mitsu booster

Thanks sdac guy. I have wondered what number it would be. I have had the car for 13 yrs, saved it from going to the junk yard! Tried to buy the car in 1998 form a women, even had a deposit on it. She could not get a new car loan so I got my deposit back with first option to buy. A year later she called and told me to come get the car for free. The car had been overheating and the trusted auto repair shop said the head was cracked and it was going to cost $5000.00 to repair. She had it towed back home and then the city of Anchorage gave her a ticket for the car sitting on the street. She first called several junk yards to come get the car but all junk yards in the Anchorage area charge $300.00 plus tow fee to junk a car. So that's when she called me, I put it on a trailer and brought her home. I had the head pressure tested then put the top half of engine back together and spent a little under $350.00 to fix. I have put over 80,000 miles since then plus another head gasket. I see that your location is near Detroit, I use to live in Warren MI. I was in MI this summer, running around East Point, St. Clair Shores, Sterling Heights. I even went to the Woodward cruise. It was just too hot for me, I'll take the Alaskan summer anytime!

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

To 88CSX-T... Yeah it's my car Homie! Pics will have to wait as I don't have pics of it on my laptop. The pics are on my PC at home and I'm over 5000 mile away from home right now.

Hybrid booster

You got it for free? That's awesome. My #693 cost $500, plus $250 late fee (for leaving it at the sellers house for too long) plus $700 shipping from Missouri to Colorado, with a seized engine

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsst View Post
    Thanks sdac guy. I have wondered what number it would be. I have had the car for 13 yrs, saved it from going to the junk yard! Tried to buy the car in 1998 form a women, even had a deposit on it. She could not get a new car loan so I got my deposit back with first option to buy. A year later she called and told me to come get the car for free. The car had been overheating and the trusted auto repair shop said the head was cracked and it was going to cost $5000.00 to repair. She had it towed back home and then the city of Anchorage gave her a ticket for the car sitting on the street. She first called several junk yards to come get the car but all junk yards in the Anchorage area charge $300.00 plus tow fee to junk a car. So that's when she called me, I put it on a trailer and brought her home. I had the head pressure tested then put the top half of engine back together and spent a little under $350.00 to fix. I have put over 80,000 miles since then plus another head gasket. I see that your location is near Detroit, I use to live in Warren MI. I was in MI this summer, running around East Point, St. Clair Shores, Sterling Heights. I even went to the Woodward cruise. It was just too hot for me, I'll take the Alaskan summer anytime!

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

To 88CSX-T... Yeah it's my car Homie! Pics will have to wait as I don't have pics of it on my laptop. The pics are on my PC at home and I'm over 5000 mile away from home right now.
    Welcome! Looking forward to pics

BTW pretty neat story on how you ended up with the car, it seems it was destined to be yours!