Thread: motor installation questions

Garrett booster

motor installation questions

[TABLE="class: postbit_tbl, align: center"] [TR] [TD="class: alt1"]first off I apologize in advance for the difficulty of reading this and my poor grammar as I am dead tired and about to pass out but I have a few questions need answered before I install a motor and buy more parts

I recently picked up an 88 2.2 turbo motor out of a shelby Z with 54k miles I had it gone through and made sure bottom end, and head was good as well as replacing gaskets and motor is extremely tight and clean...But I have a few questions before i install it

I am getting ready to drop this into a 93 duster I bought that is running a 2.2 turbo with intercooler and a 90 2.5t1 sbec computer and harness...I was told motor that is currently in the car is a 2.2 turbo II with forged internals, including pistons and also has ported and polished head with forward motion cam, and its still running mitsu turbo....well after fixing pcv valve system and still having excessive blow by ran some tests got 75psi across all 4 cylinders and bad leak down so its coming out and other motor is going in

My questions are these I am dropping this freshened up stock t2 motor in with +40's installed, afpr and walbro 255 lph fuel pump, as long as 3 bar map, fuso intercooler, msd ignition box etc... and I got the wiring taken care of for aic temp sensor as well... I also purchased a custom cal computer from boostbutton.com for 2.2 with +40's and 3 bar map and its set for 22psi

how well will this setup work on a stock 2.2 turbo should i back the boost down as I am running automatic transmission as well...plus the turbo is garret with no shaft play and in excellent condition and has large flange 2.25" swingvalve so whats largest dp i can use and how large exhaust should I run....also the vacuum system is jacked up right now I have no check valves in place at all....I think only solenoid hooked up is baro so I need to know how to run vacuum lines with vacuum block installed and what needs to be hooked up do they need check valves etc...

I do plan on installing the other cylinder head if is in good condition and truly does have better cam and been ported and polished I just want to know if running most of the super 60 setup minus turbo, head, and cam will work

[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

turbo addict

Re: motor installation questions

Are you installing a wideband o2 sensor to monitor fuel? Stock Garrett will do 22psi fine, your automatic transmission might not. If you have the large flange swingvalve, you can use the 3 inch downpipe.

Your vacuum map can be found here, go according by year/model of your car.
    DDG- Vacuum diagrams for Mopar turbocars

Super 60 set without turbo, head, cam, will do nothing for you other than making your run rich at all RPM. Those stuff add air flow. You need air AND fuel to make power. Adding fuel alone just make you run rich.