Thread: Boost issues Help!

Hybrid booster

Boost issues Help!

Took the 88 csxt out tonight for some fun, car was running great no issues 16-18lbs of boost with no boost controller just the wastegate controlling boost level.
    Parked the car for an hour or so then drove it, only this time it doesn't build boost until I rev the piss out of it. Popped the hood and looked for a large hole somewhere or a hose off but so far found nothing. The car normally will start building boost around 3,000rpm and is full spool by 3,800 to 4000rpm (18lbs) . Tonight however the car was hitting 20lbs and A/F ratio was great. Then I had the issue and I barely make 1-2lbs at 4000rpm and at 5,000+ it will climb to 20lbs..... What the hell is going on!?

I figured i'd have a massive hole somewhere or a wastegate was stuck or something, could my turbo be shot? My vacuum is running a strong 20 - 25 and car runs great besides boost issue, A/F ratio is spot on. When i revved that crap out of it I could here the turbo spool (20lbs) and when I let off the BOV kicked in like normal and I dont hear anything strange coming from the turbo or anything else. Tomorrow I plan on popping off the intake and inspecting the turbine wheel, the turbo is pretty new yet and was running 30lbs boost a year and a half ago. Current setup is a 50trim t3/t4 with a .48 hot side with stage 3 wheel.

Hybrid booster

Re: Boost issues Help!

nvrm, found it.... wastegate arm popped off and clip is MIA. Replaced clip now im boosting again , It's nice knowing that I can still make 20lbs of boost with the puck wide open, lolz