Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: He351ve on custom header.

turbo addict

He351ve on custom header.

Has anyone done this? I am thinking about doing since I was planning a custom log manifold anyway. Anyone have any size comparasons of the ve against the head?

I was thinking of using an actuator and a spring using drive pressure to move the vanes. Then maybe an arduino project to run the actuator.

Does anyone have one for cheap.

Now, what other ideas do others have?
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

Hybrid booster

Re: He351ve on custom header.

the turbine snail is real big, i got simons right now to mock up to see if i can cram it under the hood under my own car. the snail is approx 9 1/4" in diameter so it would be real tight to fit behind the motor in front of the firewall. if you were so inclined you could make a manifold that would put it over the trans next to the motor facing forward, thats basically where i am thinking for myself. another thing to be aware of is the clocking limitations this turbo has, the compressor side can spin 360 degrees with the dowel removed, but the turbine housing can only fit around the large water cooled center section in a few different ways without modifying or cutting something off.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Don't think you'd have enough room back there without relocating it or massaging the firewall.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict
    Hmm, have to measure, a little massage is fine.
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

turbo addict

on another though, has anyone seen these? http://www.ebay.com/itm/CUMMINS-Dodg...item2a1506bad4

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

^^china??

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Hybrid booster

you may want to pm simon on that second turbo, i think he has one like that for sale right now, its in beautiful shape too, and its a genuine holset made in south carolina i believe.

turbo addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    ^^china??
    Yeah, China he341 copy

Quote Originally Posted by shackwrrr View Post
    on another though, has anyone seen these? http://www.ebay.com/itm/CUMMINS-Dodg...item2a1506bad4
    Chinese obviously. You can be the guinea pig,

]
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    ^^china??
    Can't you read?

The ads poor english and the fact its an aftermarket turbo would say chinese.

Quote Originally Posted by shayne View Post
    you may want to pm simon on that second turbo, i think he has one like that for sale right now, its in beautiful shape too, and its a genuine holset made in south carolina i believe.
    Yeah, I have a nice HY35, the one in the Ebay ad is an HE341.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

turbo addict
    Right now I have a 50 trim turbonetics from fwd. If I were to go he351cw I would have to find someone to trade, the be I might be able to spring for. That's why I was wondering if it could be made to work. I do think a TIII with a vnt Turbo would be trick though.

Quote Originally Posted by shackwrrr View Post
    Right now I have a 50 trim turbonetics from fwd. If I were to go he351cw I would have to find someone to trade, the be I might be able to spring for. That's why I was wondering if it could be made to work. I do think a TIII with a vnt Turbo would be trick though.
    Yeah, any engine with the VNT turbo would be sick,

turbo addict

I will be different and say japan lol A hope for better quality lmao

Hybrid booster

TIII+VNT= super fast spool times. I would love to see one with some numbers and spool time, but I think the TIII motor will push the turbo to its limits. Would make one hell of a street car though.

turbo addict

Full boost 1800 rpm lol
    HOOSIER SDAC vice pres. 1993 IROC R/T 1 of 90 emerald green 1985 DC SHELBY CHARGER 1985 DC TURBO Z DAYTONA

Quote Originally Posted by moe44688 View Post
    TIII+VNT= super fast spool times. I would love to see one with some numbers and spool time, but I think the TIII motor will push the turbo to its limits. Would make one hell of a street car though.
    I don't, a small 2.2 won't come close to maxing out that turbo, with the vanes fully open, its a huge turbo.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by 86seeS View Post
    Full boost 1800 rpm lol
    Hell yeah! In a shadow with a TIII, lol. Good thing the 3.85 is getting tossed for a 3.5. With the spirit now I try putting it into the imaginary 6th gear that would make the car so much nicer.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor Shadow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    I don't, a small 2.2 won't come close to maxing out that turbo, with the vanes fully open, its a huge turbo.
    Same size compressor as HE351cw, so 600WHP turbo, maybe 650 maxed with the larger A/R. Problem is I've never seen any hard evidence that anyone is getting anything better out of it in response OR performance than the HE351cw. That's a boat load more work and modding for something that supposedly won't even work without an external W/G to further control it.

Now IF this was a mod it to bolt on and control it with EBC turbo and Done, well that would be a whole different story.......

Robert Mclellan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wambNdfnu5M
    10.04 @ 143.28mph (144.82 highest mph)
    Worlds fastest 8v MTX Shelby Charger
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!
    New clutch combo is the SH!T!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Same size compressor as HE351cw, so 600WHP turbo, maybe 650 maxed with the larger A/R. Problem is I've never seen any hard evidence that anyone is getting anything better out of it in response OR performance than the HE351cw. That's a boat load more work and modding for something that supposedly won't even work without an external W/G to further control it.

Now IF this was a mod it to bolt on and control it with EBC turbo and Done, well that would be a whole different story.......
    Shayne has been doing research on these, with a simple T1 garrett wastegate, boost literally starts off idle, pretty insane,

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor Shadow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Shayne has been doing research on these, with a simple T1 garrett wastegate, boost literally starts off idle, pretty insane,
    He has experienced this, or read it? I read everything I could find on the DSM that ran one of these but No real hard track/dyno info to suggest it is actually Better.

Besides, faster spool would be a problem for someone like me. IF boost were to come on any faster than it does with the HE351 in the Charger Right now I would be in trouble. All I've done over the last 3 years is stuff to make power come on Later so I can get some traction.

I finally found my Right combo this past fall, but I can already see it becoming a problem as I turn the boost higher. That's why I'm concidering clipping the turbine wheel. More flow so should be more power everywhere But down low, exactly what I'll need to keep hooking into the 9's! (did I just say that )

Robert Mclellan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wambNdfnu5M
    10.04 @ 143.28mph (144.82 highest mph)
    Worlds fastest 8v MTX Shelby Charger
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!
    New clutch combo is the SH!T!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    He has experienced this, or read it? I read everything I could find on the DSM that ran one of these but No real hard track/dyno info to suggest it is actually Better.

Besides, faster spool would be a problem for someone like me. IF boost were to come on any faster than it does with the HE351 in the Charger Right now I would be in trouble. All I've done over the last 3 years is stuff to make power come on Later so I can get some traction.

I finally found my Right combo this past fall, but I can already see it becoming a problem as I turn the boost higher. That's why I'm concidering clipping the turbine wheel. More flow so should be more power everywhere But down low, exactly what I'll need to keep hooking into the 9's! (did I just say that )
    Not personal experience but he might have soon, he's most likely putting it on his 3.0L,

As for lower boost, some like it, can make a nicer street vehicle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast