Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The Next Issue of "UP FRONT" !!!

Garrett booster

Re: The Next Issue of "UP FRONT" !!!

Nice, JT, nice. I can has newsletter. Got it today. Good read, actually started working on an article...

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff dodgeshadowchik's Avatar

Speaking on newsletters... this reminds me of a discussion me and JT had yesterday.

Would you all rather it be kept solely related to Shelby Dodges and Shelby inspired cars? Should this be kept strickly to Dodges or should it include anything on the Shelby Fords? Or would you like to open it up to anything Chrysler related? Anything Automotive related? ect...

"I'll give you anything you'll ever need and I'll find a way to turn you into a monster."

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs0075's Avatar

%90 Shelby Dodges and Shelby inspired.
    %10 open to anything automotive related that still may be of interest to us, ie. Fiat 500 Abarth, 2013 Dart, Ford Shelby, etc...

Stephen: 1987 GLHS #0075, 1965 Polara 880 convertible
    SDAC National- proud member
    Western Canada SDAC- proud member
    www.wc-tm.com
    "I am not a number. I am a free man!" Number 6

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dodgeshadowchik View Post
    Speaking on newsletters... this reminds me of a discussion me and JT had yesterday.

Would you all rather it be kept solely related to Shelby Dodges and Shelby inspired cars? Should this be kept strickly to Dodges or should it include anything on the Shelby Fords? Or would you like to open it up to anything Chrysler related? Anything Automotive related? ect...
    Yes, we want members input on this, as this is the publication for those of you that are SDAC members!

For now, we will plan to continue coverage of Shelby Dodges and Turbo Mopars. So think the Shelby Dodges, plus any ~1980-1994 FWD mopar, and Shelby create dteh V8 Dakota nd the Neon was the extension of the P-body and Shelby worked on the Viper so Neons, Dakotas and Vipers have always been included under the umbrella as well, however I cannot remember the last time a neon or Viper or non-Shelby Dakota article was contributed?

Also, keep in mind, the Shelby Annual Magazine has 154 pages and the only mopar in it is a Viper next to a pic of a Vette at the Shelby Speed shop. Not a single Shelby Dodge or Shelby inspired vehicle. If anyone puts a 2.2L in a Cobra like I want to do... we'll print it.

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Garrett booster

I seem to kind of follow the fold, first and formost the club is about the turbo Mopar products as well as the period correct n/a cars and that should get preferance. Then maybe the cars that followed behind those like the NR/T, NSRT, CSRT, PTGT, DSMs. Then after that the current stuff that may be of interest, Abarth cars, '13 Dart, SRT or Mopar package cars.
    We must not forget this is a newsletter for the club, to update all members including those not on the online forums. As long as it's not trying to become an all encompassing magazine I'm all for "subject matter expansion".

Quote Originally Posted by moparjon2007 View Post
    I seem to kind of follow the fold, first and formost the club is about the turbo Mopar products as well as the period correct n/a cars and that should get preferance. Then maybe the cars that followed behind those like the NR/T, NSRT, CSRT, PTGT, DSMs. Then after that the current stuff that may be of interest, Abarth cars, '13 Dart, SRT or Mopar package cars.
    We must not forget this is a newsletter for the club, to update all members including those not on the online forums. As long as it's not trying to become an all encompassing magazine I'm all for "subject matter expansion".
    LOL... Quoted for JT.

Ok then, so if you'd all like, I'll spend a few more minutes over at the Mopar display to write a little something about the new stuff that will be unveiled tomorrow in the D. We just were not sure if he newer stuff would be of interest.

"I'll give you anything you'll ever need and I'll find a way to turn you into a monster."

Nice work...newsletter looks great!

LOL... Quoted for JT.

Ok then, so if you'd all like, I'll spend a few more minutes over at the Mopar display to write a little something about the new stuff that will be unveiled tomorrow in the D. We just were not sure if he newer stuff would be of interest.
    There are eleventy billion DSM forums and clubs and I am sure any of our members that are also into those cars get enough of them elsewhere?

Cool. I literally just started working on Issue 131, so send me any new info on the 2012's!

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    Nice work...newsletter looks great!
    Thanks!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!

Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

turbo addict

You don't have to get carried away with pages of articles either. I liked the new format but it seem to be crowded with text. The old format had more pics and larger print so there wasn't as much text to read. Seems like you guys are making your jobs harder having to write longer articles.

Appreciate the concern, and writing more, does make it harder, but it is also our goal to make good overall content too. Sometimes more pics will be used to help make a better story, like the DIY coil over article still on the back burner

Also, this issue was somehwat of an anomoly with the extra words, in part due to wanting to include Bio's to introduce everyone.

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    Appreciate the concern, and writing more, does make it harder, but it is also our goal to make good overall content too. Sometimes more pics will be used to help make a better story, like the DIY coil over article still on the back burner

Also, this issue was somehwat of an anomoly with the extra words, in part due to wanting to include Bio's to introduce everyone.
    I figured that was the case, I find it hard to read a lot of text sometimes. I like to look at the pictures

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

I think there is more than enough content out there to keep it 99% Shelby, or inspired TMs. Guys just need to suck it up and write the articles. I would be pretty bummed out to find a bunch of articles about the 500 in there. Anything pushed by some woman singer isn't something I want a part of.

There are eleventy billion DSM forums and clubs and I am sure any of our members that are also into those cars get enough of them elsewhere?

Cool. I literally just started working on Issue 131, so send me any new info on the 2012's!

Thanks!
    That wasn't the point. And that could be said about anything.

Sorry, you Bolded DSMs

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

Yeah, because you seem to keep believing that they were not part of Chrysler.

I never said that... jeeze

OK, back on topic?

Next issue of Up Front in the works! Articles wanted! Chapter updates anyone?

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

mmmhmmmmmm.

turbo addict

Sorry, you Bolded DSMs
    I never said that... jeeze

OK, back on topic?

Next issue of Up Front in the works! Articles wanted! Chapter updates anyone?
    mmmhmmmmmm.
    Ok you two. Don't make me get a mod to lock the thread....... keep it on topic!

We Todd D dot D Turbo Mopar Staff sdac guy's Avatar

Y, however I cannot remember the last time a neon or Viper or non-Shelby Dakota article was contributed?
    The most recent non-TM articles were the ones on the PTGT, and I think, a while back, there was one about Angelo's stable including his NSRT.

What I used to do was use those types of articles as filler for when I didn't have anything else. Folks that contributed them understood that was the case also. I always had a very loose interpretation of what could go in the newsletter for two reasons, first I didn't want to be exclusionary as that tends to narrow our base instead of expand it, and secondly, having a slightly off topic article (or articles as the case may be) allow for the printing of a newsletter. If I always waited for strict on topic articles the wait between newsletters would have been even worse.

I tried to keep the off topic car articles to one per issue so it wasn't overdone with them, but I think my last issues had more simply because that was all I was sent. Folks often think I was sitting on a stack of articles and picking and choosing which get printed. In 12 years, for me, that was rarely the case. It did happen sometimes early on, but usually it was get enough to do an issue then wait for more.

While there were times the newsletters were delayed because of my fault, most of the time it was lack of articles contributed. And in fact the last issue with all the pics was simply because I had no articles left to print and I had to put out a newsletter so I filled it with pics.

Barry
    86 Shelby Lancer Prototype
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

For your questions about SDAC, please contact BadAssPerformance

Good advise, as always!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast