Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Next Issue of "UP FRONT" !!!

turbo addict

Re: The Next Issue of "UP FRONT" !!!

^I approve this message :thumbup:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Garrett booster

Stupid question perhaps...or maybe asked before. Why can't the issues be printed to pdf files and emailed out with the attachment? Saving on mailing costs and delays?

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by omniac View Post
    Stupid question perhaps...or maybe asked before. Why can't the issues be printed to pdf files and emailed out with the attachment? Saving on mailing costs and delays?
    First reason I can think off off the top of my head is because it could easily be forwarded to non-members. Membership should have it's privileges.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Hybrid booster

Second is it would be unfair to members that are not on-line.

Garrett booster

Both good points....i never considered them.

turbo addict

Anyone get it today?
    HOOSIER SDAC vice pres. 1993 IROC R/T 1 of 90 emerald green 1985 DC SHELBY CHARGER 1985 DC TURBO Z DAYTONA

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 168glhs1986 View Post
    I was pranked Oklahoma . Love the debutants there but not sure if OK is on the radar of host states
    Well as a pre-requisite, we need a host SDAC Chapter, so the closest active chapter to OK is probably LinOmaBluffs

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    Slowe vs. Murder Nova!!!
    The best part about running a FWD with little traction is you can stay in it an still go straight... they problem is the little traction part! ...or if you spin so hard you upshift out of the boost and the Aries starts catching you!

Not a bad question, and we are discussing potentially making online options.

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    First reason I can think off off the top of my head is because it could easily be forwarded to non-members. Membership should have it's privileges.
    This is a concern. Hopefully active members who pay for such privileges would rather enjoy their newsletter and not just give out to the non-contributor?

Quote Originally Posted by Oggie Fisher View Post
    Second is it would be unfair to members that are not on-line.
    Good point, we do have a few of those. Maybe we could put in the mail and then wait for a couple days then e-mail? Not to be published online, but e-mailed or a link to view.... Hmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by 86seeS View Post
    Anyone get it today?
    We have the printer send a test letter here and I haven't gotten it yet either. Starting to wonder about this myself... well, we want to get the word out to members so I'm drafting an e-mail to the SDAC e-mailing list...

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

boostaholic

Nothing in my mailbox

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    Well as a pre-requisite, we need a host SDAC Chapter, so the closest active chapter to OK is probably LinOmaBluffs
    . . . . We have the printer send a test letter here and I haven't gotten it yet either. Starting to wonder about this myself... well, we want to get the word out to members so I'm drafting an e-mail to the SDAC e-mailing list...
    Active might be a stretch . . . We do what we can though. Come to think of it, JT, I'm not sure I ever sent you my new email address. PM sent.

Hybrid booster

Good point, we do have a few of those. Maybe we could put in the mail and then wait for a couple days then e-mail? Not to be published online,
    I like the idea of a PDF version, easier to read and store. It could be a voluntary program that you have to opt in to. Not looking to get it any sooner, you could hold off sending until the test copy is received by regular mail. Not sure if the economics would make it worthwhile.

I like the idea of a PDF version, easier to read and store. It could be a voluntary program that you have to opt in to. Not looking to get it any sooner, you could hold off sending until the test copy is received by regular mail. Not sure if the economics would make it worthwhile.
    Good idea. Would it be possible to make it available only to people with a valid SDAC.org username and password?
    Mike Marra
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    Good idea. Would it be possible to make it available only to people with a valid SDAC.org username and password?
    JT and I have talked about this, and we have a question on the SDAC survey's the last few years about whether our membership would be willing to switch to electronic newsletters. Overall, it appears that there are many who would be willing to do so. It would be a benefit for the club as the printing and postage for a newsletter are a big expense. I'm in a local club that has switched to e-newsletter on a voluntary basis and it has worked pretty well, in the first 18 months we've got about 50% switched over. We'll probably look into what we can do for SDAC on this after this year's event.
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...

Quote Originally Posted by Turbodave View Post
    JT and I have talked about this, and we have a question on the SDAC survey's the last few years about whether our membership would be willing to switch to electronic newsletters. Overall, it appears that there are many who would be willing to do so. It would be a benefit for the club as the printing and postage for a newsletter are a big expense. I'm in a local club that has switched to e-newsletter on a voluntary basis and it has worked pretty well, in the first 18 months we've got about 50% switched over. We'll probably look into what we can do for SDAC on this after this year's event.
    The cost reduction alone is reason enough to make the switch. For the handful of people who are not online regularly, I'm sure that they have email addresses.

It's something I deal with on a daily basis in the catalog biz. Manufacturers are moving away from printed paper catalogs, relying on electronic catalog data, web-based catalogs, and PDF's. I can understand it from a cost reduction standpoint. Printing, shipping and storing a large number of big paper books is costly.
    Mike Marra
    Project Log:

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs0075's Avatar

I like the option of a .pdf newsletter. It would save the club money. I'm out here in the boonies, so I get my copy in the mail about a week after everybody else. With an electronic version, I would get my newsletter at the same time as everybody else. And finally, it would be easier for me to save all of my past issues. I wouldn't inadvertently lose a copy like I did with issues 121 and 127.

Stephen: 1987 GLHS #0075, 1965 Polara 880 convertible
    SDAC National- proud member
    Western Canada SDAC- proud member
    www.wc-tm.com
    "I am not a number. I am a free man!" Number 6

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glhs0075 View Post
    I like the option of a .pdf newsletter. It would save the club money. I'm out here in the boonies, so I get my copy in the mail about a week after everybody else. With an electronic version, I would get my newsletter at the same time as everybody else. And finally, it would be easier for me to save all of my past issues. I wouldn't inadvertently lose a copy like I did with issues 121 and 127.
    e-mail me a reminder, I'm sure we have back-issues I can send with the 2011 calendar you want to order

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Bad Mother Flecker Turbo Mopar Staff fleckster's Avatar

I haven't received a copy yet either, but then again, mail has been a problem lately since the County snow plows keep blasting my mailbox and have knocked it off the post along with about all my neighbors' boxes ....

John M. Fleck

'83 Dodge Rampage 2.2 w/ 2.5L Turbo 14.79@94
    '87 Shelby Lancer #213 14.99@94
    '89 Chrysler LeBaron GT Turbo 'vert 15.88@92
    '92 Dodge Spirit R/T 13.50@104 ; 13.34@102 on slicks
    '98 Dodge Neon R/T 15.66@89
    '03 Dodge SRT-4 13.91@98

turbo addict

Could the rumor Buffalo be true?

Hybrid booster

Wtf got issue 140 today says it's in sochi Russia? This true ?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs0075's Avatar

e-mail me a reminder, I'm sure we have back-issues I can send with the 2011 calendar you want to order
    That's great! Thanks JT.

Stephen: 1987 GLHS #0075, 1965 Polara 880 convertible
    SDAC National- proud member
    Western Canada SDAC- proud member
    www.wc-tm.com
    "I am not a number. I am a free man!" Number 6

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast