Thread: Red 87 Shelby Z

Red 87 Shelby Z

Hey yall. Been a long time since I have been on here. Bought myself a little winter project to work in my downtime. I didn't really need another winter project but this car was too sweet to pass up. It's a Factory 87 Shelby z t2 5 speed t-top car. Factory leather interior, rear wiper, enthusiast seats, a/c, cruise, etc. I picked it up from a Gentlemen who had owned the car since the mid 90's and had maintenance records of everything done to the car since then. At one point in time the car let a headgasket go and he vyed for a mp small valve ported g-head and big cam. The car has also got a mp stage 2 in and all mp performance gauges in the cabin (not so tastefully mounted but I digress).
    The car has a blown turbo and bad power steering line that sprays fluid. My plan is to get a turbo on the car and drive it for a while. I do have a love for Daytonas.
    However for being mostly original the car is in fantastic shape. Even with the blown turbo the car still started up, ran great, and I drove it about 10 miles back to a garage to store it.
    The body is SUPER straight except for the standard rust in the e-brake area and hail damage on the hood. It also has the standard daytona paint fade between the t-tops and the hatch.
    Here are some preliminary photo's of the car.

Like I said. Plans are to get the car back upto snuffand go from there.

Re: Red 87 Shelby Z

nice ride man! love me some shelby z's

Re: Red 87 Shelby Z

Yes I have a softspot for Daytona's. This one ran too well and was maintained so fantastically that I couldn't pass up getting it. Hopefully with in the next week or so I will have a turbo and power steering lines on it so I can drive it around.