Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Squeaky Polybushings After Installation?

Squeaky Polybushings After Installation?

I just installed the 1.25" sway bar bushings and when I lowered the car it was REALLY squeaky. At first I didn't put the lube stuff on just because I didn't for the Energy Suspension ones I had in there. So I pulled everything back down and put the stuff on and it still squeaks! Will it go away after time? I have the center ones in correctly with the curvy side up and the "marked" side on the bottom. And it's not just the middle or ends, it's all of them. Do they just need to break in? I honestly don't remember if the other ones did because it's been so long.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

turbo addict

Re: Squeaky Polybushings After Installation?

Any type of poly bushings have squeaked when I ran them. They do seem to get quieter as time goes on, but get louder after a really long time when the lube starts to wash away.

Quote Originally Posted by Mopar318 View Post
    Any type of poly bushings have squeaked when I ran them. They do seem to get quieter as time goes on, but get louder after a really long time when the lube starts to wash away.
    Hmm, well good to know. Hopefully it will go away quickly. I haven't driven the car, just lowered it but MAN it was squeaky!
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Never had any poly bushings squeak, sure you lubed everything up?
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Hybrid booster

I used the lube that came with the front and rear sway bars and I haven't heard any noise from them and its going on 3 or more years now. I haven't even applied more grease, the stuff seems to linger for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Never had any poly bushings squeak, sure you lubed everything up?
    Do you mean the stuff that is like a failed Bubblelicous recipe? Yes, I used tons of that. The bushings are in correctly and the sway bar is in correctly, not upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowv4l View Post
    I used the lube that came with the front and rear sway bars and I haven't heard any noise from them and its going on 3 or more years now. I haven't even applied more grease, the stuff seems to linger for a long time.
    Well I haven't driven the car so may be it will work itself out. Just was REALLY squeaky when I dropped the car. To get the sway bar in, I had to get a jack and jack the sway bar in place, bolt one side, bolt the center retainers down and then the last side. Everything fit ok, not real resistance to speak of other than getting the bar up there. But there is green lube all over those things, so we'll see how the car rides tomorrow.

turbo addict

Jon, you did put the lube between the bar and the bushing right?
    I did have someone add it between the bushing and the a-arm.

I have added it to many bars/bushings and never had them make noise.
    Something is amiss!
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

turbo addict

My Prothanes always squeaked. You bushing must fit better!

turbo addict

My Prothanes always squeaked. You bushing must fit better!
    Take them out clean them and then put my lube on them.
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Take them out clean them and then put my lube on them.
    What is the difference between your lube and the white stuff they have? Theirs is REALLY sticky. This is on my neon, you should make sway bushing for them! The Prothanes are just circles, the dont fit like the factory shape.

turbo addict

If i dont make it...i sell Prothane. The lube they use is pretty good. My green stuff is better. When i sell prothane, i send my lube along.
    Photo of stock and prothane together?

turbo addict

If i dont make it...i sell Prothane. The lube they use is pretty good. My green stuff is better. When i sell prothane, i send my lube along.
    Photo of stock and prothane together?
    I already threw away the stock ones, but here you can see the prothane. I have had energy suspension bushing on another car of mine and they always squeaked. Hopefully the prothane stuff is better, I just assumed the squeaking was normal.

Im not sure if you can see it in this picture, but basically the bushing is just a circle, and it squeezes out as you tighten the sway bar brackets, which makes a gap on the horizonal front/back of the bushing. The factory bushings are shaped like a diamond, so when you tighten them they clamp equally around the bar.

turbo addict

In that photo i do see the rear c-arm donut bushing.

Jon, you did put the lube between the bar and the bushing right?
    I did have someone add it between the bushing and the a-arm.

I have added it to many bars/bushings and never had them make noise.
    Something is amiss!
    No comment......

Forgot to do between the bar, never had it there before. I'll pull it back down and do that. BTW let me say that my car actually handles better with these in there than the Energy Suspension ones. I seriously could tell a difference in the S curve at my house, night and day. I thought my tires were just getting bald and that's why I had understeer (I think, sliding left too much in a right hand corner?), but I can take that same curve now like the car is on rails! Very impressed. I'll get the lube on the bar and I know that will resolve my issue.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

FWIW, when I did the my neon I was pressed for time and cold. I didn't lube parts of the rear and it squeaked like crazy. The parts which I actually lubed like they recommend were quiet from the get go.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    I seriously could tell a difference in the S curve at my house,
    You have an S-curve AT your house? Awesome

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    FWIW, when I did the my neon I was pressed for time and cold. I didn't lube parts of the rear and it squeaked like crazy. The parts which I actually lubed like they recommend were quiet from the get go.
    Johnny also gives PLENTY of lube... for the 89 LCA bushings and stab bar bushings I put in the Z thsi year, I think the two kits came with 3 containers and I only needed one for everything

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    Yeah, I think it will be fine once I do it. Problem is pulling that stupid thing down and getting it back up. I have to jack the bar up in order to press it into the control arm, it's so tight!

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    You have an S-curve AT your house? Awesome
    LOL Yes, and 1/8 mile track from my the street to the concrete slab of my garage.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    LOL Yes, and 1/8 mile track from my the street to the concrete slab of my garage.
    Cool! Do you have a mile straight for us to play on too? SDAC-23 at Trotters~

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Sure, there is a stretch of road that's just about 1/4". We'd have to block traffic each run, but we could do it.

turbo addict

1/4 inch?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast