Thread: Compatible water necks?

Hybrid booster

Question Compatible water necks?

I'm having some "fitment" issues with my new setup and was wondering if there are any other brands/motors that have a waterneck that will fit our motors. Or at least something that is close enought to adapt, preferably with a 90* neck.

Hybrid booster

Re: Compatible water necks?

isnt the original one brazeable? just get some copper pipe, and a 90 deg bend and cut off the excess, braze the 90 onto the neck and then sweat the copper pipe to the 90.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by JDAWG

So is it safe to assume that from that part that pretty much all mopar engines use the same waterneck? If thats the case I can just run down the street to summit and pick up an 90* neck.

Basic Vendor (MSD, Hawk, etc) Turbo Mopar Contributor rbryant's Avatar

What do you need to accomplish?

The 3.3 waterneck is a perfect fit if you want to go 90 degree toward the driver side it even uses the same thermostat! I got it for $2-3 in the junkyard and cleaned it up with a wire wheel. They are everywhere so you can probably find a very clean one.

I think the 3.0 waterneck would work if you want to go 90 degrees toward the passenger side. The bolt holes are just a little too narrow so with a slight ream/notch I think it would fit and look stock. It was only 1/16th of an inch or so when I was looking at them in the yard. It seems like there are two types of 3.0 water necks... Perhaps with and without some sort of sender I can't remember exactly.

-Rich

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by rbryant
    What do you need to accomplish?

The 3.3 waterneck is a perfect fit if you want to go 90 degree toward the driver side it even uses the same thermostat! I got it for $2-3 in the junkyard and cleaned it up with a wire wheel. They are everywhere so you can probably find a very clean one.

I think the 3.0 waterneck would work if you want to go 90 degrees toward the passenger side. The bolt holes are just a little too narrow so with a slight ream/notch I think it would fit and look stock. It was only 1/16th of an inch or so when I was looking at them in the yard. It seems like there are two types of 3.0 water necks... Perhaps with and without some sort of sender I can't remember exactly.

-Rich

Holy crap thats EXACTLY what I need. If you were here right now I'd give you a hug. Thanks man, I'm off to the yard tomorrow!

Basic Vendor (MSD, Hawk, etc) Turbo Mopar Contributor rbryant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by altered7151
    Holy crap thats EXACTLY what I need. If you were here right now I'd give you a hug. Thanks man, I'm off to the yard tomorrow!
    Hehe I was pretty shocked at how nicely it worked myself. Take note that the outlet is 1.25" not 1" like our stock outlet... I used a bottom hose and cut it to fit. The rad inlet is 1.25" anyway so it works great and you don't even need a rubber spacer. It looks perfect and the bottom hose for a daytona is only $8 at autozone.

Before I found this I figured I was going to have to pay $50 or $75 to have one made... It is pretty beautiful how dodge parts fit when mixed and matched.

-Rich

Hybrid booster

Thats even better. I had to buy an inline water fill so I can use the radiator I am, and its 1.25 on both ends, so I was going to have to find a hose that reduced down to 1". Now I can just use the same size all the way through. Thanks again.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Nice find, I have one of those upstairs so if I ever run a modified rad, I now know what will work,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info