Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What is the best buy wideband on the market right now?

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Re: What is the best buy wideband on the market right now?

I've used tech edge products for a long time.

Great products. And if you can solder well, they have diy options for cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    Hmm... wish I'd known about this a year ago. Sux.
    This was posted on Dec 2012, first page of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by tryingbe View Post

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Did see this thread until yesterday. Nobody's fault but mine
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

boostaholic

if someone could figure out how to stop the feedback to the stereo on my car the aem would be the jam.

Slugmobile & MeanMini Caretaker Turbo Mopar Contributor wheming's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    Hmm... wish I'd known about this a year ago. Sux.
    ^^^what Mike said.

I actually had bought both AEM Uego and MTX-L. Had both in the box at the same time while i tried to figure out which one to run. I asked for input, and as usual reviews were mixed. I decided on Innovate because it seemed better, and some old heads used.
    I think you might have bought my AEM, didn't you Harry?

Oh well. I'll check out the videos when i can. It could be a bigger problem in Mini since it is the sole instrument for O2. Slug just uses one for operator input only.
    Wayne H.

'91 Dodge Spirit ES 2.5L turbo 5spd
    '05 PT GT 2.4T HO autostick (RIP)
    '89 Plymouth Acclaim 2.5L turbo auto, "Slugmobile" yes, THE Slugmobile!
    '89 Dodge Caravan SE 2.5L turbo auto, "Mean Mini" yes, Gus' Mean Mini! (Current best 11.699 @ 114.43 mph! - Oct 15th, 2022 Cecil County Dragway, MD)
    MeanMini dragracing videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...URZLB1RxGYF6vw
    and other cars, trucks and motorcycles
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SlugmobileMeanMini

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Oh well. Seems like they just stop working. Nobody seems to be complaining about inaccuracy or burning their car down. So I'll use the Innovate I have until there's an issue. Honestly, I know several people witn Innovate pieces for several years that have yet to have issues. So I'll take it with a grain of salt for now.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by Ondonti View Post
    It would tell them everything? They could compare against logs of failures others have had and see if if it's familiar. I don't think that is unreasonable. I have had mine repaired by them before when it was my fault for the damage.

Innovate mtx-l is terrible. They feast on sensors and I just had to unplug my current mtx-l because because it because it was sending garbage to the stock ecu. Threw in in a narrowband so so the adaptive functions don't freak out.
    I'm sure the information isn't wasted, but my issue seems to be so intermittent, I felt like letting me send in the unit for testing wasn't unreasonable. Sending a file with 14.7 with a bar over the number (i.e., it goes to 14.7 and sits there until I unplug it most times) doesn't really tell the full story. And there's no way it's running stoich by the way it drives and for the fact it will literally not move from that number. I once drove over 5 hours (going home one time from out of town) and it stayed on this, which is basically running pig rich ALL the way home. I finally realized I could unplug the sensor from the unit to reset it and since then have been doing so when it sticks. And mine happens typically every day, at least 4-5 times per driving period, sometimes it's less. Sometimes on rare occasion, it doesn't happen at all for a driving period. This has been the case for a while and all I wanted was to get it checked, which was never offered or accepted as an option, because their stuff "works", per the guy I spoke to.

I did read on another forum about using the ECU ground as the same ground for the O2 and that being a good idea/requirement for other widebands, so I may try that and see if that helps.

If it says MTX-L product, don't buy.

From my car.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wV07TBDHHM
    From random youtube video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPnYi9wQvVQ

Installed a AEM Uego on the same car with the SAME wire and SAME location, NOT ONE ISSUE!

Read the reviews.

http://turbobricks.com/forums/showth...=192608&page=2

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=270653
    Excellent info! Thanks Harry.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post

Info Brian?

This was posted on Dec 2012, first page of this thread.
    I think he purchased it about a year ago and being that this thread wasn't on the list, it wasn't as obvious and was missed. Now it's current to this month and year for someone 3 years from now to maybe find. Really should start stickying these posts or allow it as an option for users on the forum, if we can't do that already.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

I generally ground them directly to the battery. I've been using PLX Devices units for years now. I've never had a problem, but I know they didn't show very well in an off the car shootout from a magazine back when. Thousands of miles with the narrowband output going to the stock computer and I don't have any complaints though.

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    I did read on another forum about using the ECU ground as the same ground for the O2 and that being a good idea/requirement for other widebands, so I may try that and see if that helps.

Info Brian?
    if the wideband has differential outputs for the wideband signal (most dont as far as i know) ground the wideband differential signal to sensors ground (black with blue stripe... the map sensor has a sensors ground wire) and the wideband signal to o2 signal on a smec/sbec (if using turbonator with the wideband to narrowband conversion) or the narrowband signal to the o2 signal on a LM.

get a meter and set it to ohm and see if there is a resistance between sensor ground at the LM/smec/sbec and the battery ground.

you can also check at the fuel rail ground as well for big differences in resistance.

high resistance here will effect your wideband/narrowband signals to the ecu.

what kind of info are you looking for jon?

i built a 2A0 and a 2Y2 kit. one issue.... one mcu went bad.... when i welded on the car with it connected. contacted tech edge and they sent me a new mcu for the wideband that i installed like popping in a chip in our cars (sockets for the chips) and all was well. once my mileage dropped after sitting for winter. free air cal and mileage went back up.

www.wbo2.com is the address. they arent as active lately (trying to move shop and owner got sick) but ive always got my product and it worked.

Brian

This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by going4speed View Post
    if someone could figure out how to stop the feedback to the stereo on my car the aem would be the jam.
    Must have something to do with where you have either the ground or power hooked into, I've never experienced any feedback in the radio w/ my AEM.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Quote Originally Posted by Force Fed Mopar View Post
    Must have something to do with where you have either the ground or power hooked into, I've never experienced any feedback in the radio w/ my AEM.
    with my techedge 2a0 and my old school pioneer 1.5din chrysler/gm/ford head unit in my neon, if i have the headunit selecting aux-in (aka cd changer aux connector) and i dont have my phone plugged in, i get some pulsing sounds probably from the wideband heater control... especially cause the unit is laying right on the floor of the passenger side where the aux in cable is.

if my phone is playing music, all is well as the inductive loop is terminated....

Brian

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post

i can solder!!!! What exactly does one need to buy for DIY? Just the board? Or board plus BOM from them?

boostaholic

That's what I thought too and made a harness and relay setup with ground right to the battery and the positive of the battery switched through a relay. Even made the power wires a twisted pair. Still feedback. AEM just says it is the car and deal with it. Dont think so....

Quote Originally Posted by Force Fed Mopar View Post

Hybrid booster

Have an AEM UEGO in my SPirit with no feedback issues. I'd check your ground for both the head unit and the AEM. I have my guage grounded to the dash frame below the fuse box. No issues.

boostaholic

You have a point there on the head unit ground. I have no idea where that ground ends up.

turbo addict

AEM just says it is the car and deal with it. Dont think so....
    Pretty sure it's your car...

No issue here.

boostaholic

Got amps in those setups?

turbo addict

Got amps in those setups?
    Nope. Don't need amplifier.

boostaholic

Ah yea my feedback is getting picked up from the power wire to the o2 sensor through the rca's.

Quote Originally Posted by chromguy View Post
    i can solder!!!! What exactly does one need to buy for DIY? Just the board? Or board plus BOM from them?
    Just go to www.wbo2.com and look for products and diy. 2y1 and 2y2 are the current diy units right now. They come in a kit. Solder and assemble. You'll need a cable too.

Do some digging around on their site. Cool stuff.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345