Thread: Chrysler TC

Garrett booster

Chrysler TC

Found a TC by Maserati (Turbo II Automatic) in average/ good shape, no rust faded leather, hard top and all still there. Looks to have been a "summer car" with the faded paint. No accidents and the 2nd owner any interest out there on these? I'd snap it up if it were a DOHC car. Not really interested in the auto version.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: Chrysler TC

There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of interest for them with the auto from anyone IMO. As a result they are usually a great buy for how nice they are. Hopefully someone on here wants it.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by carmanspd View Post
    Found a TC by Maserati (Turbo II Automatic) in average/ good shape, no rust faded leather, hard top and all still there. Looks to have been a "summer car" with the faded paint. No accidents and the 2nd owner any interest out there on these? I'd snap it up if it were a DOHC car. Not really interested in the auto version.
    How about a Royal Cabernet/Ginger/Black DOHC car? COnverted to 523 trans, paint fair, interior fair, CA car. I've had it about 18 Months. Stock except for the TU plug wires($250 for those) and a $500. 2.5" mandrel SS exhaust. Runs strong and smooth. Too many cars... $3200. Thats what I have in it.

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of interest for them with the auto from anyone IMO
    IMO that would be different if they were 2.5s instead of 2.2s. That car needs a 2.5 more than any other turbo 2.2 car does, unless maybe you count the limos.. which probably weigh exactly as much as a TC. lol.

I would still totally buy a 2.2/auto TC for $500-1000 if i had the chance. 2.5 swap aint no thang to me.

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

That's a good point. I'm willing to bet the TII TCs are real dogs with the auto and all the weight of the car.

Garrett booster

I've driven it and it's not a complete turd. It spools up and scoots along pretty good. The TII does have some redeeming qualities. Only $1500 and it goes to a new home.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

Ive driven a stock one up to stock cutout (~14 psi) and once in boost it moves along ok, but it never feels muscular.

I definitely wouldnt avoid one just because it was tII. I would just avoid paying Masi prices for it. A nice tII would be around $2k in my book. Maybe if it was straight off the showroom floor... 3500-4k. Ive seen a few beater tIIs under a grand.. for myself i'd probably be looking at the most broken one i could get with the nicest body for 0 to maybe ~1200 bucks, and then put it back together the way i would want it.

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    How about a Royal Cabernet/Ginger/Black DOHC car? COnverted to 523 trans, paint fair, interior fair, CA car. I've had it about 18 Months. Stock except for the TU plug wires($250 for those) and a $500. 2.5" mandrel SS exhaust. Runs strong and smooth. Too many cars... $3200. Thats what I have in it.
    Pics?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GLHNSLHT2 View Post
    Pics?
    Its on the lift in the shop, 5 cars gotta move to get it down and 2 don't run. One of those is the Daytona RT, it is about 3 wrenching hours from running after the complete top end rebuild, I am gonna finish that first. Sounds easy right? I've been trying to find that 3 hours in my schedule for the last 3 weeks Getting pics is a involved process. You or Dad a serious buyer?

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Garrett booster

Is there a record for reviving an old thread?! Long story short, the owner of the TC spun a bearing shortly after I posted this, and let it sit. Got it for my son as his daily driver last fall for $400 and built a fresh tall deck 2.5. Back on the road now. These things are built like a brick.

turbo addict

Maybe not the right place, but if you need a any of the chrome wheel well molding, either taillight or center reflector, ABS control module, left side headlight, gauge cluster, or center console armrest (black)...I have these parts and they need a new home. I haven't posted them for sale yet simply because I don't have all of them cleaned up yet.

Garrett booster

MIght need the ABS module PM with $?

turbo addict

I will get you that info tomorrow, no problem.

turbo addict

PM sent this morning.