Thread: Rattlesnake @ CMP

Hybrid booster

Rattlesnake @ CMP

It was so cold that the transmission was very hard to shift. Also, with cold tires and since I had more top end power I underestimated it and spun it coming out of a fast left hander. I clipped the apron with the rear tire and lost contact with the pavement, when it came down I had the throttle to the floor and the car went sideways but I was able to keep it in the tarmac facing traffic.

Before going to the track I did some changes to improve the upper RPM power and RPM usage.

A 4" short ram intake pipe with a screen replaced the 3" intake pipe which was a restriction. Also the muffler was removed and a piece of 3" pipe took its place. Using the previous PROM, a new one is on the works to take advanvantage of the upgrades.

The result? Impressive power and throttle response, lots of usable high rpm torque and hp. Unfortunately, the harmonic balancer came apart maybe due to the high rpm usage which the engine liked very much. Here are some pictures of the intake.

After a couple of laps I realized that the engine power was there! After driving some laps the same way I did in the fall, I realized that this time the engine was asking for more RPM and when I demanded them I wasn't disappointed! The higher I went the faster she went and suddenly found out that between engine power and braking power I surpassed the tires's accelerating, cornering and braking grip. My fastest time in the fall was a 2:09', this time I managed to turn 2:03' consistently.
    Now I'm going with R compound slicks, a 4.10 gear ratio probably with a spool (this is going to be fun) and swaybars to set it up for the locked diff if I can find the parts to do it, if not I just keep it open diff.
    With this short ram and the open exhaust it turned into a screamer!

Reinaldo Moloon

boostaholic

Re: Rattlesnake @ CMP

You're an animal.

What else has been done to the motor as of now?
    Pete Faggella 03 PT Cruiser, 2.4L N/A 5 speed. Daily driver. All stock with baby moon wheels. 85 LeBaron 2.2TBI auto. Hoped I'd see a difference with bumped compression, but I didn't. Still slow. "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!'"

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

That's awesome,

No air filter?
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Hybrid booster

Thanks guys! To answer BigP, I've done the heads, cam, intake and exhaust. Also the EPROM is constantly being programmed because I'm always changing stuff. The last thing I got for the motor is a custom solid cam made by Simon's countryman Jeffrey at Colt Cams, very cool guy by the way. But I think I'll save that one for the 3.4 short block upgrade.
    As for the engine upgrades I'm happy with the stuff I developed for the V6, I think that with a 72 whp boost in power with no turbo is very good.
    This year's track time has been to test and develop the engine, this coming year I'm concentrating int the transmission, suspension, handling and shave more weight off the car.
    I got some videos but they are too long, a friend of mine will edit it for me and then I'll post it in Youtube, don't worry, I'll make sure to leave the spin out

Reinaldo Moloon

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Your car looks better and better every time you post. I'm very impressed with the 6 second reduction in time per lap. Keep up the great work Reinaldo.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    Your car looks better and better every time you post. I'm very impressed with the 6 second reduction in time per lap. Keep up the great work Reinaldo.
    Thanks Cordes! A lot of factors contributed to that. Acceleration had to do a lot but I also felt more comfortable with the car and being this my 3rd time at this track I was able to drive it more at its limits. It'll get better.

Reinaldo Moloon
    Last edited by Rattlesnake; 10-27-2011 at 11:21 PM. Reason: misspelling

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Car looks great. When is that rear diffuser gonna appear?
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

Your car looks better and better every time you post.
    My thoughts exactly! Keep posting updates as warranted, i sure love reading them!

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

Looking forward to some more adrenaline pumping videos, keep it up
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlesnake View Post
    Thanks guys! To answer BigP, I've done the heads, cam, intake and exhaust. Also the EPROM is constantly being programmed because I'm always changing stuff. The last thing I got for the motor is a custom solid cam made by Simon's countryman Jeffrey at Colt Cams, very cool guy by the way. But I think I'll save that one for the 3.4 short block upgrade.
    As for the engine upgrades I'm happy with the stuff I developed for the V6, I think that with a 72 whp boost in power with no turbo is very good.
    This year's track time has been to test and develop the engine, this coming year I'm concentrating int the transmission, suspension, handling and shave more weight off the car.
    I got some videos but they are too long, a friend of mine will edit it for me and then I'll post it in Youtube, don't worry, I'll make sure to leave the spin out

Reinaldo Moloon
    Thats impressive for sure,

Jeff is a great guy,

What are you using to change your calibration?
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor Austrian Dodge's Avatar

way to go Reinaldo!!! keep it up!

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Force Fed Mopar View Post
    Car looks great. When is that rear diffuser gonna appear?
    That is on the works. First I have to get the cradle made out of tubular Chromoly with all the suspension arms, once that's done the diffuser will attatch to it.
    Last edited by Rattlesnake; 10-28-2011 at 08:53 AM. Reason: spelling