Thread: Rock Falls Raceway Eau Claire WI questions???

Rock Falls Raceway Eau Claire WI questions???

Any members here race at Rock Falls Raceway? They have one more event weekend Oct.29-30. That is their Sport compact big event.
    My question is...How is the traction at that event? or track in general? Would it hold a nine on a front drive car?
    I need info from racers who have run at their Sport compact event. I'm deciding weather to drive 500 miles to race there. Any info would help my decision. Thanks, Warren

Just checked out their website, They dont say anything about the facility, What direction do you run there?What is the local elevation?
    Last edited by Warren Stramer; 10-21-2011 at 04:11 PM.
    best 1/8 ET-6.16 sec. best 1/8 speed-119.70 Best 1/4 MPH 145.5, Best 1/4 ET 9.65 sec. 8 valve NO NITROUS!!

Hybrid booster

Re: Rock Falls Raceway Eau Claire WI questions???

Hey Warren,
    Long time no see. I'm trying to remember when the last time we ran into each other was, either sometime at BIR or when I had my old Syclone at the track in Sabin(Fargo). That was eon's ago. Anyway, track elevation at Rock Falls is 980ft above sea level. The track faces almost straight east, but slighly southeast. Attached is an aerial view. It's been years since I've raced there. You could shoot a PM to Todd Nelson, "4 L-bodies"on here. He was at RF not too long ago with his Shadow, maybe a couple weeks or so, and ran fairly well.

I'd love to see that 9 sec pass you're fishing for!! Go do it!! Good luck!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rockfalls.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	210.5 KB 
ID:	34709  
    Last edited by sy2206; 10-21-2011 at 07:08 PM.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Do it Warren,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Quote Originally Posted by sy2206 View Post
    Hey Warren,
    Long time not see. I'm trying to remember when the last time we ran into each other was, either sometime at BIR or when I had my old Syclone at the track in Sabin(Fargo). That was eon's ago. Anyway, track elevation at Rock Falls is 980ft above sea level. The track faces almost straight east, but slighly southeast. Attached is an aerial view. It's been years since I've raced there. You could shoot a PM to Todd Nelson, "4 L-bodies"on here. He was at RF not too long ago with his Shadow, maybe a couple weeks or so, and ran fairly well.

I'd love to see that 9 sec pass you're fishing for!! Go do it!! Good luck!
    Thanks Mark, I wont drive that far unless someone tells me the traction is very good at their Import event, and the weather forcast is perfect. I usually find most tracks dont spend any money or time grooming the track for FWD car events.
    Just looking for someone who raced there recently. I will PM Todd.
    To go nines, It will have to go 1.58's 60ft, or better, and hook all the way down the track.

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Do it Warren,
    Hey Simon, YOU do it!>.................
    best 1/8 ET-6.16 sec. best 1/8 speed-119.70 Best 1/4 MPH 145.5, Best 1/4 ET 9.65 sec. 8 valve NO NITROUS!!

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Unfortunately not many tracks prep for FWD's

Last weekends Import War @ Grove was prepped OK, but only cuz there were so many breaks they had to keep VHTing it!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

turbo addict

Warren,
    If you go, before I forget to tell you, don't pay much attention to the guy directing you in the water. Like at Da Grove at last SDAC, he motions you almost all the way through the water before he tells you to stop. I think that was screwing up Shadow (Rob) at last SDAC. I stopped paying attention to him and it worked better.
    You could always fire off an email to Al Corda at the Rock. See what he says. He definitely can relate, as he does a lot of racing.
    Todd

Hybrid booster

So are you going Warren?

Quote Originally Posted by GLHS069 View Post
    So are you going Warren?
    No, its not going to work out for me. I waited till this morning to decide, I just have too much work here to leave. Also, looks like the weather forcast for Eau Claire is deteriorating for Sun. See you next year.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Bummer The weather here is iffy Sunday too.

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.