Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: DoubleD's IROC R/T Build Log

boostaholic

Re: 92 IROC R/T Build Plans.

Jackson is at least making 500 (possibly 600) on +40's, but that is with a bunch of meth, I want to see how much I can make straight on 93 fuel and then later if its still not enough for me, I can throw a meth kit on it. Last year it was an animal on just premium fuel before the clutch starting slipping and ended my fun for the rest of the summer.

Hybrid booster

Ah I see well I'll be staying tuned,

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

I would figure I've made 400-425 whp on +40's with room to spare.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    I would figure I've made 400-425 whp on +40's with room to spare.
    Simon,
    What was your set-up? Once I get all of these things sorted out on my car, it is definitely going on the rollers to see what it makes. I do have a very good WBO2 sensor and gauge and fresh fuel system, so I look forward to seeing what I can make on just Premium fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleD View Post
    Simon,
    What was your set-up? Once I get all of these things sorted out on my car, it is definitely going on the rollers to see what it makes. I do have a very good WBO2 sensor and gauge and fresh fuel system, so I look forward to seeing what I can make on just Premium fuel.
    I've changed it sooooo much, lol.
    TIII engine with mild port and full port head, ported ex mani, 50 trim or GT35R, 3" exhaust, custom intake, 58mm t/b, stock cams and stage II tri flows, header.

The combo that got me 12's was mild port head, stock cams, 50 trim and GT35R, ported ex mani, custom intake, 3" exhaust, 58mm tb, cals by me and Shelgame, 30 psi of boost.

The last couple years had alot of issues and ran mid to low 13's on 18-20 psi but could never get it to run right, fueling wasn't the issue but I actually melted my engine last year and still ran a mid 13, , lost an injector so put in 75 lb injectors otherwise the +40's would still be there.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

boostaholic

New TU Purple Plate with the 6 puck, this should hold the horsepower potential of this car nicely. 440lbs of torque, 485 Wheel Horsepower

Replaced all the front Bushings with new MOOG parts that I believe are Polyurethane, should really tighten up the front.

Longer wheel studs using the "Taurus Mod" since I have like no engagement with my Enkei Wheels.

Called up Cindy today and she is sending me the Updated Jackson Tune to replace my older revision. Cant wait to get the car back on the road!
    Last edited by DoubleD; 07-10-2012 at 11:55 AM.

boostaholic

Clutch is all broken in and the car just rips at 20 psi. I am seeing AFR of 11.1 at 20 psi, I am thinking it is running a little too rich, waiting on the new tune from Cindy at FWD.

Mitsu booster

so what did you wind up doing for springs to lower it? i would like to drop about 1"-1.5" not sure what im running for hp but simon is familiar with my car and it pulls nicely so far but can do better . i definately need a lsd to get hooked up better.

REMOVE the Moog control arm bushings, they are crap and will cause your car to wander, use stock rubber or Poly Bushings, they are redesigned.

boostaholic

Made interior progress last night, just need to swap the indicators for the surround over to blue LED now.

Swapped the Hood light and overhead lights to White LED's too.
    Last edited by DoubleD; 04-03-2013 at 05:28 PM.

boostaholic

Last edited by DoubleD; 04-03-2013 at 05:31 PM.

boostaholic

Here is how the wheels should look after polishing, finally it is warming up.

The first pic is dead?

That doesn't look like an R/T?

boostaholic

I was just a pic to show what they will look like polished, I have not found the time yet to polish mine.

Here is another project I was working on in the Machine Shop at work. I took the center switch out of a Lebaron Convertible, and replaced it with this plate.
    I have my high/low boost solenoid switch and Amp turn on now located here.

boostaholic

Finished another project, it is really nice to work for a machining company that does not mind to make employee parts, Drew up these fittings and had them made. This should get rid of my pressure build up in my head and will tie nicely into my new catch can set-up.

boostaholic

I got the new turbo mocked up and the vented valve covers. Should road ready very soon..

Mitsu booster

how did you change the dash to being blue lit? looks good!

boostaholic

Getting the car very close to being ready for the summer. Headed to the exhaust shop this afternoon to have the exhaust attached to Jackson's down pipe.

Came up with a different way to run the venting...

Also removed the pin-strip and tinted the side reflectors, as you can see they are still functional.

Car is coming along well and time to join the Holset club.

Need to strip and polish the wheels next and polish what is left of my paint.

boostaholic

Car had a few issues and now I have worked all those out. I got an updated tune from Cindy at FWD. Took the car out for some shake down runs and I am hooked. The car has never been as close to as fast as it is now. I am running 18 PSI with the waste gate actuator plumbed right to the nipple on the turbo. The gauge bounces all over under full power like 18-22 PSI at 7000 RPM. Not sure why the gauge bounces but it feels rock solid. I am hooked on the HOLSET POWER now. 18 psi feels like so much more than 25 PSI on the T3/T4 it replaces. Time to turn up the boost and see what happens above 18, I have the fuel for it, running at 11.8 right now.

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Drewsy1971 View Post
    how did you change the dash to being blue lit? looks good!
    I replaced all of the dash bulbs with Blue LED bulbs. They are direct replacements to the incandescent bulbs. The gauge clusters has blue filters to make the green illumination you see. So with the blue bulbs and blue filters all the lights look blue. I had my buddy driving the car the other night and he told me the interior looked real modern with the blue illumination.

Drove the car all summer and it has had a few issues. I have had to add oil every 1000 miles and my catch is always filling up. Did a compression test recently and I got 90, 95, 90, 95 PSI.

Then I borrowed a leak down tester from a friend and did that test and these were my results:
    30%, 11%, 16%, 11% Leakage

Time to take the spare short block in my garage and build a fresh TIII short block and add my items to it.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast