Thread: Wanted - Turbo Dodge project in FL/GA area - Not running OK

Mitsu booster

Wanted - Turbo Dodge project in FL/GA area - Not running OK

Date: 19th October 2011
    Username: asetech
    Full Name: Joe S
    City, State, Zip: Middleburg, FL 32068
    Selling or Wanted Price: Depends on vehicle, would like to stay under $1000

Description: Looking for a turbo dodge project car. Daytona, Shadow, Omni, Charger, Spirit, etc... Does not have to run, I have a engine and trans already. Would prefer vehicle WITH a wiring harness and minimal rust, if possible. Interior not that important, it will probably be getting gutted anyway. Let me know what you have. Thanks.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Re: Wanted - Turbo Dodge project in FL/GA area - Not running OK

Welcome to the forum! Hope you find a nice project here!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    Welcome to the forum! Hope you find a nice project here!
    Thanks. I hope I find a nice project, too! I've been out of the older turbo dodge scene for about 6 years, I've been driving an SRT-4 since '03. I had a CSX-T, a couple shelby daytonas, and a few turbo shadows before the SRT. It's time for a new project.

Hybrid booster

Have you checked with Matt Wells? I know he has cleared out a lot of his TD's however he still has a few fixer-uppers

Garrett booster

I drove past Matt's lot last week, I think I only saw one car on the Lot. He may have some stuff at his house. Turbo Dodges in this area have been slim pickings for a while now.

turbo addict

If you deal with Mr. Wells I'd say buyer beware! Know what you are looking at VERY well, and know what it is worth TO YOU!

From what I understand TM's in the Jax area aren't that common any more. There are a few people left, and apparently there are a few newcomers here and there, but the scene is pretty much dead. I'm no longer in that area, I've moved down towards Tampa. If you do your homework on Craigs List and such, there sometimes pops up some really good deals.

I'd say you MIGHT be able to find an '88 CSX-T from Mike Hassey who is room mates with Dave Salamone of Positive Impressions. I know at one time he had 2 or 3 of them. I also know he had an '86 S-car and an 87 S-car.

Another thing you could consider is finding a good V6 car and turboing that. Of course most people shy away from them because of the A604, but you can still get the 3-speed A670, and sometimes find the A543 5-speeds to swap in.

Other than that, I think you've made the best move by coming to the forums.

BTW, if you happen to stumble across a whole slew of TM parts, like polished Ninja's, or red Spirit R/T wheels, a van specific A555...LMK. They are stolen from my house up there!

Garrett booster

Give Brian a call, 71petty on the other site, he may have something sitting around. 770-355-1680. He lives in Hiram, Ga.

Garrett booster

Brian is a great guy and a friend of mine. Definitely check with him to see what he has or what's around over there. I'd think about offering my Daytona project that has entered "perpetually-unfinished project limbo", but it has a pretty serious engine/trans setup already, so it sounds like it's not what you're looking for. Good luck finding a good project!

Hybrid booster

I've talked to Brian before I think, he seems nice and sounds like he has a lot of TD stuff. There was a T2 t-top Daytona in Gainsville Ga last week, not sure if it's still available but he only wanted $400. Welcome to the forum, I will keep my eye out.

I have two cars I'd part with. One is a 92 iroc r/t (black) and the other is a 91 spirit r/t (white). Both run good, both are located in south Florida. If interested send me a pm or email me at: Rick@rdiperformance.com. Also have an 89 Chrysler TC Maserati for sale as well, it is the 8v turbo II model.

And I have an 87 GLHS that I would part with. It's a running vehicle with some floor rust, sunroof car, completely stock. It needs the brakes worked on as they stick hard. I have no time to deal with it, and would let it go for damn cheap for a numbered car. PM me if interested.