Thread: ported exhaust manifold? FWD-P vs. TU

Hybrid booster

ported exhaust manifold? FWD-P vs. TU

not looking to get into a war over who does better work. i like both FWD-P and TU and have certain items i plan to buy from each. but the one item i can't seem decide on is the exhaust manifold. it sounds like from the description that TU puts a lot of work into their unit, whereas FWD gives a value for flow increase (and has a thermal coating option). prices are pretty close so that is not a big factor in my decision. i'd be curious to know if anyone has made comparisons between the two. again, just looking to make an educated purchase when the time comes. oh, and the engine it will going on is a 2.5 w/ all factory T2 induction, full 3" exhaust (just ordered a TU 3" s/v before they are all gone) and stock mopar or mild tune if that makes a difference.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs727's Avatar

Re: ported exhaust manifold? FWD-P vs. TU

The thermal coating is not an option on FWD's, it comes standard.....
    FWD Performance is a performance shop with a significant investment in this market. We pride oursleves with a hard work ethic, friendly customer service, and honest business dealings with no hidden fees. FWD Performance, Real Race Products by Real Racers.

Garrett booster

Re: ported exhaust manifold? FWD-P vs. TU

I jus got the ported mani from fwd-p n i like it. def tell the difference from stock to ported as far as looks n i think it made the sound a tid bit deeper n pops n crumbles more goin down a hill in 3rd. this is on a 2.2 turbo 2. planning on gettin full 3in exhaust so prob should here it alot more. Thats what i did. i ordered it from there cuz i ordered like 1000 bucks worth of stuff from there.