Thread: Tuning issue some suggestions please!!!

Garrett booster

Tuning issue some suggestions please!!!

Hi I have a 86 glh 2.2 stock fresh bottom. Mild port on the head stock cam/valves/springs stock two piece not ported nice good flowing intercooler,MP csx stage 2 lm t3/t4 hybrid turbo +40s... Runs great cruising around I'm pulling just over 20hg vac. Wideband reads 14.5-15.5 a/f full nut I have it set at 14 psi for now I'm running 11-12a/f my prob is between 1/2-3/4 throttle it leans out very bad if I start pushing boost it will get to 16 on the wideband and kinda sputter but if I go to the floor it richens up immediately. And seems to get worse at full operating temp. Won't do it cold. I have my fuel pressure dropped down to around 38ish to compensate for the +40s. If I raise the pressure and richen it up for the 1/2-3/4 throttle issue I'm pegged at 10 for a/f. And the turbo lags pretty bad. I've pinned out map,tps,cts readings are good no dead spots or anything with my trusty fluke. any ideas I was hoping once I turned the boost up il might lean things out full nut. But I want the motor to break in and the new turbo as well before I start pushing the boost and running a bleed.

Re: Tuning issue some suggestions please!!!

imo: swap to a better calibration (Turbos Unleashed or FWD Perf.) and swap to +20's. +40's might be too much for your setup. set your static pressure to 50-55.