Thread: 89 Daytona turbo II

Hybrid booster

89 Daytona turbo II

Date: 22nd August 2011
    Username: jory
    Full Name: Jory
    City, State, Zip: Utica, NY
    Selling or Wanted Price: $900 USD

Description: I'm selling my 89 daytona turbo 2 because I've lost interest. I spent 2 years making it a nice daily driver and I'm done with it.

I rebuilt a 2.2 with an 8-bolt cast crank and 84 Turbo rods/pistons, 89 fast burn turbo head, rebuilt turbo from TU which cost me $900, Fidanza aluminum flywheel, T2/T3 clutch, and I had the tranny gone through professionally. New stock fuel pump and an 89 Lebaron engine harness round out the electronics.

This car is rock solid. No rust through anywhere and I even went so far as to strip the engine bay bare and repaint it down to the floor pan. I put in nice leather seats and a leather steering wheel, basically I took all the best parts from several cars at the junkyard to make this into somewhat of a Shelby clone.

It has new shocks/struts with polybushings control arm bushings, 11" disc brakes all around, Shelby sway bar, IROC Daytona 16" Ninja wheels with new 205/55/16 tires.

The bad part: the car leaks oil from the turbo drain tube and smokes out of the exhaust. There is most likely an obstruction in the tube and when I contacted TU they told me the same thing. Fix the obstruction and run it for a bit and the oil seal in the turbo will re-seat itself.

Next problem is electricals, driving it one day the gauges went crazy and the car lost electrical power. More than likely a ground got knocked loose.

The driver side control arm is rounded out where the ball joint presses in, so the ball joint is loose in it's bore. It can be fixed with a small amount of welding or just replaced with a 89/90 control arm.

For the amount of time/money I spent on this car and the parts on it, I could ask for more, but I know it wouldn't sell very fast. So I'm asking $900. Come tow it with a dolly or arrange something with me and i may be able to deliver it for the cost of fuel and a u-haul dolly rental. Thanks for looking.

boostaholic

Re: 89 Daytona turbo II

900 bucks...holy crap...thats a steal for a rust free daytona! damnit i wish i had some dough......good luck with the sale..

Hybrid booster

If it doesn't sell for a while I will buy it off you. But i'm just going to tear it to peices, so i'll give other people a chance to save it. The car is beautiful and deserves to live on, but I just need the parts to keep mine going (and have more spares for the future).

If you don't want to sell it to me at all I'll understand, just wanted to be upfront with you.

I couldn't tell from the pics, but i don't suppose it's a T-Top car?

Hybrid booster

As long as it goes to somebody who knows what they are doing, you can do whatever you want with it. It is really solid and it would be unfortunate if it was dismantled especially because when all the right pieces come together you have a really sweet ride. This just needs a little tinkering to make it 100 percent and the body has a few cosmetic flaws. I just don't have the time and need the space.

No T-tops or sunroof. I have extra parts that I won't be needing when I sell this so I will include them in the sale, if you want them. Overhead console, instrument clusters, some 15x6 crab wheels and a couple smec's.

Hybrid booster

make me an offer. I don't want to have to send it to the u pick it. Will not part this out as I don't have the time anymore.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Shizer, if you were only closer,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff dodgeshadowchik's Avatar

Yeah, for real! This seems like a pretty simple project car... boo!

GL with the sale!

"I'll give you anything you'll ever need and I'll find a way to turn you into a monster."

Mitsu booster

Sent a PM

Hybrid booster

sold.