Thread: is this a common problem (2 piece intake flow)

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

is this a common problem (2 piece intake flow)

hi guys , last week i finaly got to work on my pacifica , when removing the head i found that the cylinders 2 and 3 have a goldish color to them , im using a 2 piece intake and the head has been mild ported but only mesured the cc's in the ports and combustion chambers and the intake was port matched , and im using a 7 gph of water meth , is this a intake thing or im scared of nothing ?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

Re: is this a common problem (2 piece intake flow)

You are seeing varnish. OR your are seeing varnish that's been removed by the water meth (a solvent). So it could mean more meth is going down the "clean" holes or that there is some "backwash" coming up from the valves, staining the AL. You might just clean the varnish and then "stain" it yourself with some machinist's layout fluid (Dychem) and then put it back together, drive it around for a month or so and then take it back off to see if it makes the same pattern or if those holes get the varnish back on them...

Or, since this is not likely to be a real problem, just put it back together and forget about it... But if it bugs you the above will let you know the source of the "stains".

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Re: is this a common problem (2 piece intake flow)

thx ! i know the valves dont leak , did the head 2000 milles ago , i can say that little set-up is a different animal , maybe need to adjust the cam sproket to get some low end torque back , im pretty sure the water/meth did this ... maybe a direct port with 2 gph nozzles this summer ...