Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dawes AFR and 3 Bar Map for 87 logic (csx)

Garrett booster

Re: Dawes AFR and 3 Bar Map for 87 logic (csx)

Jon, ah my CSX has the underhood map so for me that's the one I need. I've heard that I can use a gm 3 bar and that looks close enough. I know the tm guys can tell the difference but will it look odd at a cruise night with the hood open?

Hot Certified Christians at TD! Turbo Mopar Staff Directconnection's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moparjon2007 View Post
    Jon, ah my CSX has the underhood map so for me that's the one I need. I've heard that I can use a gm 3 bar and that looks close enough. I know the tm guys can tell the difference but will it look odd at a cruise night with the hood open?
    Nevermind it being a 2.2... any 1980's TM would look odd at a V-8/RWD cruise night. hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by 22mopar
    have a look at my feedback on the forum. all positive.

Steve

'90 VNT competition package Shadow - T-III SC6262 conversion/restoration
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red
    '67 Barracuda 273 now, 440/727 awaits....

Garrett booster

Yeah I know what you mean, you should see the looks I get when I bring my 86 NYer turbo to one. The wife gets decent respect with her daytona shelby t-top though.

The GM one doesn't look bad, but it doesn't fit with the stock 2 bar. I think originally I used zip ties to keep in in place, then went to long coarse threaded screws or machine screws to mount it to the inner fender. If you need a GM 3 bar, I have one. Let me know if you want it as I don't have a need for it really anymore.

You will have to notch one of the pin sleeves on the connector, but it's super easy to do. I just took an exacto knife and cut the sleeve from top to bottom and then cleaned the cut up a bit. Worked fine and never had problems. Heck, if you can get a GM plug, I can send you the pin connectors and you can just reterminate your Chrysler wires into the GM male connector. But very easy to do and it doesn't look bad at all.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Force Fed Mopar's Avatar

Just fyi Jon, your '87 GLHS actually uses '86 electronics. All '87 electronics cars have an underhood map.
    Rob M.
    '89 Turbo GTC

2.5 TIII stroker, 568 w/ OBX and 3.77 FD

Garrett booster

Jon, yeah ill take the gm 3bar, just let me know what you want for it. Will a t2 lm pick up a 3 bar or will I have to do a cal and the 3 bar at the same time?
    I'll try shaving down the socket for the connector first. Less chance for a point of failure if I don't cut wiring.

Jon, yeah ill take the gm 3bar, just let me know what you want for it. Will a t2 lm pick up a 3 bar or will I have to do a cal and the 3 bar at the same time?
    I'll try shaving down the socket for the connector first. Less chance for a point of failure if I don't cut wiring.
    I sent you a PM this morning. And yes, you'll need to re calibrate the computer for the 3 bar MAP. You don't need to shave down the connector, just notch it. I'll take a picture and show you what I did with mine.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Garrett booster

Will look. Didn't see a pm, If you can shoot me a pic that would be cool.

turbo addict

Sorry I haven't gotten the pics hosted yet, trying to figure out how to get the pics off my phone...damn thing won't send pics to an email address like my old one would. Smart phone my ---.

Garrett booster

If you want you can txt the pics to me 262-347-1927

turbo addict

I had it installed in my GLHS & GLH-T, hidden in the upper portion of the instrument cluster bezel. The colored lenses simply pop out of the bezel, they aren't glued or anything like that. The main wires are wrapped with friction tape. If you'd like more pics let me know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12