Thread: Found something interesting from goodyear....

turbo addict

Found something interesting from goodyear....

I stumbled across a line of hose from goodyear. Apparently you can have them custom make intercooler plumbing mocked from whatever setup you have to replace all the aluminum piping you may have, to all rubber- well whatever the stuff is lol. Its very light yet tougher than silicone. They claim its inexpensive too. I plan to call and find out more about this as it would like nice in replacing my 2.5" black aluminum piping (not that it looks bad anyway lol). Here is the link for the line-up. It eliminates couplers in between piping and all too. You just give them sizing and the bends and such needed. The turbo-boss 480 is the toughest one. Also good for oil return lines off the turbo! The 480 means it can withstand temps of 480. Constant of 420 or so. And resists oil.

http://www.goodyearep.com/ProductsDetail.aspx?id=21479

turbo addict

Re: Found something interesting from goodyear....

That looks awesome!
    HOOSIER SDAC vice pres. 1993 IROC R/T 1 of 90 emerald green 1985 DC SHELBY CHARGER 1985 DC TURBO Z DAYTONA

turbo addict

it does right! Light alternative to alum piping. Plus you would only have 4 clamps lol.

turbo addict

Looks cool, but I would bet its more for mass production. I also do not think it would be lighter than aluminum. I always weld my charge pipes together with beads on the end, and on the neon I even welded brackets to hold the pipe to the radiator support. Never had a problem.

I think it would be great if you could get some TII intercooler hoses made.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Yeah I can't see it being lighter than aluminum, or cost effective for a 1-off setup.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

I like it! While I also agree it isn't likely to be lighter than an AL set-up, it sure would be easier to work with! It always seems like a properly sized pipe is also a huge PITA to work around, which means taking it on and off to do anything around the turbo! That wouldn't change with these, but it would be much easier to snake into place when you do have to take it on and off (metal doesn't like to bend back!).

It sure would be nice to just push the hose out of the way to see the timing window when setting the timing, as opposed to having to remove the piping and run the car w/out an air filter while setting the timing!

Do check with them to see what it would cost, might be worth it just in the ease of maintenance!

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

turbo addict

Well considering they state its for saving weight plus your not looking at the extra t-bolt clamps and couplers plus the piping. in fact remember there would be NO couplers and only 4 clamps. However if you are all welded besides a coupler at the throttle body, and/or the turbo inlet than it could be a toss up for weight lol. Unless you have some thick alum piping. My alum tubing is only 1/16+-, and though its light i can see it being lighter, however i could care less about that little weight as its not my priority to save weight at my piping when my spirit weighs an --- load lol. I am interested in the ease of going this fluoroelastomer stuff. Since the page states "To find out how the TurboBoss line can enhance your design application or to find out more about our portfolio of OEM products, please call us at 800-235-4632". I dont see why it would only be mas production. The "your" sounds individual to me. But i will see the details of it all once i get a chance to call. Been too busy.

turbo addict

I'm interested to see how much this is!

turbo addict

give em a call. Not open weekends. And i keep forgetting to call when im at work. When i do remember at work im too busy lol. If someone wants to find out be my guest.