Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SRT-4 upgrades

Re: SRT-4 upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    I am just afraid that the DSP tune won't have enough fuel for my car with the E1 I have on it. It might, but it might not. I won't know till i get a wideband on it.
    Smart, I was running a high duty cycle on my stock injectors on the stock turbo and I had to adjust the air fuel on the can dsp 93 tune especially after I added the exhaust and tune. When I didn't have a wideband I did a dyno a/f run then adjusted it safely and checked for knock.

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by ScottD View Post
    Do you have any issues from not having the cat 02 sensor hooked up? I was thinking even with a catless downpipe wouldn't the factory downstream 02 need to be in the downpipe somewhere?
    The Stage computers ignore the cat 02, but you have to have it plugged in or it will throw a code.
    They are for off road use only.
    Just for reference, my car with Stage 2 no toys went 13.30's with the big wheel turbo, downpipe with cutout,
    drag radials and a splash of race gas.
    After I added the toys and a higher mix of race gas, 12.90's
    These cars love octane, even when all I had was a catless downpipe, I threw in a couple gallons and went 13.80's
    I've used race gas a dozen times, had excellent results, when I'm done racing I fill up the tank with 93 and haven't had a problem with the 02 sensor, since everyone says it will kill them.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 07:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 1qk4dr View Post
    Smart, I was running a high duty cycle on my stock injectors on the stock turbo and I had to adjust the air fuel on the can dsp 93 tune especially after I added the exhaust and tune. When I didn't have a wideband I did a dyno a/f run then adjusted it safely and checked for knock.
    Your car wouldn't be an 03 with the smaller injectors would it?
    I can't see a high duty cycle with just a stock turbo.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Keito View Post
    These cars love octane
    The next time at the track I was going to throw some race gas in the car. All my runs so far have been on pump gas.

My understanding is that the unleaded race fuels are not as hard on the 02 sensors as the leaded fuels.

Good thread - thanks for all the replies.
    [B]Scott[/B] 86 GLHS #408 88 Shadow ES 92 Spirit R/T 04 SRT-4

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Unleaded race gas will not harm 02 sensors at all.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

boostaholic

My track only has leaded, but my point is running a mix for basically 10-15 minutes isn't going to kill it instantly like most people say.
    Make sure after you put a few gallons in it, reset the computer or it doesn't really help.
    Theres a fuse you can pull instead of unhooking the battery. I feel that's the key. I also run the downpipe with cutout,
    One time I went to the track and opened it up, 13.50 Reset the computer, next pass was a 13.30
    Made a huge difference. I'm not sure what was the contributing factor, I assume it's the extreme drop in backpressure?
    I can say the cutout is the single one mod that makes the biggest difference, especially if your on stock exhaust like me.

The Stage computers ignore the cat 02, but you have to have it plugged in or it will throw a code.
    They are for off road use only.
    Just for reference, my car with Stage 2 no toys went 13.30's with the big wheel turbo, downpipe with cutout,
    drag radials and a splash of race gas.
    After I added the toys and a higher mix of race gas, 12.90's
    These cars love octane, even when all I had was a catless downpipe, I threw in a couple gallons and went 13.80's
    I've used race gas a dozen times, had excellent results, when I'm done racing I fill up the tank with 93 and haven't had a problem with the 02 sensor, since everyone says it will kill them.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 07:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 AM ----------

Your car wouldn't be an 03 with the smaller injectors would it?
    I can't see a high duty cycle with just a stock turbo.
    It's an 04 and it was running 92% duty cycle on stock injectors.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Theres a fuse you can pull instead of unhooking the battery. I feel that's the key.
    This is the fuel pump fuse, correct?
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

I've gotten into the habit of re-setting the computer every time I go to the track. I used to do this on my T1 Lebaron also when I was racing it regularly.
    [B]Scott[/B] 86 GLHS #408 88 Shadow ES 92 Spirit R/T 04 SRT-4

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123