Thread: Need a refresher please...

Garrett booster

Need a refresher please...

Hey all, so here is the thing, I located a 89 common block for my 85 shelby charger, which has already been T2 converted top end, but has the stock 85 bottom end blown,

So my questions.. what Do I look for to make sure this is a common block?

I need the flywheel because it's 8 bolt correct?

Also.. do i need any specific sprockets or pulleys for this block due to the swap?

Any certain casting that let;s me know this is indeed a common block and 2.2?

thanks in advance!

Hybrid booster

Re: Need a refresher please...

fuel pump mounting won,t be there on cb yes pully will be differant

---------- Post added at 06:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 AM ----------

watch on water pump they rotate differant

turbo addict

Re: Need a refresher please...

You'll need an l-body specific CB waterpump and housing. Or do some grinding on your '85 waterpump and make it work (this is what I did...). Also, the lower timing belt plastic cover is specific to a CB. One other thing to keep in mind, the oil distribution block on an '85 block vs. a CB - The '85 uses a two sensor oil pressure setup where as the CB uses a one sensor setup. The distribution blocks aren't interchangable (different thread sizes). On mine, I upgraded to the newer style (one) sensor setup. Just clip the plug from your donor car and you'll be good to go.