Thread: 2.5L TII motor, rebuilt, +20's, ported head. Half a mile on this motor.

boostaholic

2.5L TII motor, rebuilt, +20's, ported head. Half a mile on this motor.

Date: 21st September 2011
    Username: Big_P
    Full Name: Pete Faggella
    City, State, Zip: Wakefield RI 02879
    Contact: 401 855 4215 texts are better but you can call too.
    Price: 800 or trade for everything needed for manual trans swap on 6-bolt motor.

Description: Where do I start?

89 2.5L commonblock. I rebuilt this motor with sealed power rings, Clevite rod and main bearings. It includes a ported head done by a member on here. Stock size valves. New camshaft. 1pc intake. The turbo is a Garrett T3 in questionable condition, I can not guarantee the condition of the turbo. I never had the engine running long enough to know if its good or not. It smoked, might just be dry seals that would wear in, might be a junk turbo. I bought it as a "good used" turbo on here. The engine needs a cam seal.

I put literally half a mile on this motor and the car succumbed to wiring issues. It's not even broken in yet.

It has +20's on it, I'll even throw in a 3 bar map sensor if you don't beat me up on the price. I think it's a real good deal.

Willing to trade for everything needed for a manual trans swap on an 85 motor.

The above details are not optional. This is to protect buyers... just put yourself in their shoes.
    Last edited by Big_P; 09-21-2011 at 10:45 PM. Reason: yo momma
    Pete Faggella 03 PT Cruiser, 2.4L N/A 5 speed. Daily driver. All stock with baby moon wheels. 85 LeBaron 2.2TBI auto. Hoped I'd see a difference with bumped compression, but I didn't. Still slow. "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!'"

boostaholic

Re: 2.5L TII motor, rebuilt, +20's, ported head. Half a mile on this motor.

TTT! This is an excellent deal for someone who has the goodies for a manual trans swap kicking around!

I also have a rebuilt 413 turbo trans with literally 2000 miles on it.
    Pete Faggella 03 PT Cruiser, 2.4L N/A 5 speed. Daily driver. All stock with baby moon wheels. 85 LeBaron 2.2TBI auto. Hoped I'd see a difference with bumped compression, but I didn't. Still slow. "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!'"

boostaholic

bumpity bump, make an offer?

Hybrid booster

yes, this does sound like a great deal. you said the head was ported, but are the valves back cut as well? is the camshaft stock or modified spec? did you port match the manifolds to the head and is the exhaust manifold ported? (if yes, was it one of the vendors or private?) also, did you do the thedodgegarage mods for the oiling system while you were poking in the bottom end? inquiring minds want to know as those are items i would want on a full out rebuild. i have a good rebuilt T2 garret so a bad turbo doesn't scare me. i will keep your engine in mind especially since RI is only a 3 hour drive from me!

boostaholic

Just sold it, sorry. No it wasn't port matched I don't think. Aerosmith from the forum ported it, did a very nice job.