Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rip- another csx-vnt :(

Hybrid booster

Rip- another csx-vnt :(

I just found this CSX-VNT in a local junkyard in Colorado yesterday. I'm took a picture of the vin but need to take another picture because of the glare. I'm going to see if it's in the registries, and if not, I'm going to register it as r.i.p..
    It was dropped off two days ago and is/was complete except for the front seats, radiator/ intercooler and Shelby valve cover. While at the junkyard, the following were taken: fiberides, hubs, rear trunk emblem, dash/number, steering wheel, door panels, sill plates. A friend of mine is salvaging the rest of the Shelby parts, I will post them on here tomorrow.
    I'm pretty sure that the parts he is selling are: rear trunk spoiler, front grille, front bumper, rear bumper, side ground effects, turbo boost gauge, turbo boost gauge surround plastic. If anyone else wants anything else, let me know.

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you read my past ads, you'll see that I'm all about saving a shelby instead of snatching one up to make $$ on it by parting it out, but in this instance the car WILL BE CRUSHED. In the state of Colorado, once a junk car gets the paperwork processed to go to a junkyard, noone can buy the whole car. If they could, it would be sitting in my driveway right now.

It hurts to see a nice and complete VNT in the junkyard, but maybe the parts will help someone else with their vnt restoration.

one more note: I have a photo but can't figure out how to show it, if someone can help facilitate that, let me know.

Also, the front bumper condition is nice, and the back one was nice too until the junkyard workers damaged it with their tractor. All the parts of it are there, I'm pretty sure it can be fixed...

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Re: Rip- another csx-vnt :(

Use photobucket or similiar and link it.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

I took parts off an even rarer VNT car from the yard.. in the end, you just grab the special stuff and let the mundane stuff get crushed/melted. Can't save em all.

Does make you wonder how little effort people put into finding out what their car is worth, though. There are a lot of ----tarded idiots who will say "buy my car or i'm scrapping it" but wont take the same money the scrappers give to buy the car in one piece, but i guess the people who take 2-300$ for a car they could have sold in 30 minutes for that price to an actual person, are just as bad.

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

Hybrid booster

I agree, the going price for a typical junk car here in Colorado is around $300-500. I don't know what the owner of that vnt was thinking to sell a complete shelby to the junkyard for $300...

Hybrid booster

if the Shelby under hood engine # tag is there you should grab that too, plus you can get the car number from that very easily
    i can post pics on here if you email me them shadowkitsune.l29e@gishpuppy.com

Hybrid booster

Fox you've got mail..

By the way, where is the under hood engine tag? (I'm a csx-t guy, not a csx-vnt guy)..

Hybrid booster

the tag should be on the rad support to the left
    that car looked good and complete, its too bad

Hot Certified Christians at TD! Turbo Mopar Staff Directconnection's Avatar

I'd like the grill...

Look at the condition of the chin spoiler!

Someone should have googled this car before junking it... I would have loved to have this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by 22mopar
    have a look at my feedback on the forum. all positive.

Steve

'90 VNT competition package Shadow - T-III SC6262 conversion/restoration
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red
    '67 Barracuda 273 now, 440/727 awaits....

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    the tag should be on the rad support to the left
    that car looked good and complete, its too bad
    Is this still available? I need that airdam! Looks like more parts are on it too!

Hell if the whole car is straight, i even have a whle shadow I'd trade them, LOL!

Let us know when you get the VIN if the dash plaque is gone... damn, I need one of those too!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

If the rear seat is in good condition it would probably be worth grabbing for the shelby material.

Garrett booster

could you grab the turbo?

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

I can't believe you didn't snag the grill and front air dam when you took that pic. Wowza!

Hybrid booster

We got the rear seat, it's a real shelby shelby shelby material seat,

I'm pretty sure the turbo was taken already but will look again,

I didn't take any parts because I'm a csx-t guy, sorry... My buddy has the parts and I'll post them for sale asap...

Hybrid booster

Fyi buyers: I still didn't get the stuff to put for sale yet (maybe today or tomorrow), but I'm going to go down the list of buyers (on this and the other site) according to who asked first. If the first person doesn't want it for some reason, then I'll go to the second.

OR

If anyone's interested, I could sell them to the highest bidder. Any opinions?

lol The first thing I saw on that car was the chin spoiler. You should take off work to go get every unique part on that car, today.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Mitsu booster

Looks like I need to start coming up to Denver junkyards for the goods. Such a shame that car is there, the paint looks better than my 88k-mile Shelby Lancer.

Hybrid booster

Well you probably can't see because of the crappy quality of my phone photo, but the top surfaces (hood, roof, trunk lid) do have hail damage. We get hail here that will literally knock you out!

By the way, no highest bidders, I'm going to offer the parts to whomever asked first, then go down the list...

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

put me in line for the chin spoiler, side skirts, rear bumper spoiler please

turbo addict

WooHoo! Keep junk'in them fella's! Soon I'll have the last one!

I know that no one here junked this car (I think?) but damn...

Hybrid booster

I agree with turbojerk, with all the csx-t's that are getting junked and parted, mine will be one of one soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast