Thread: Ground Control coilover kits? I've been under a rock...

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

Ground Control coilover kits? I've been under a rock...

Nick G. 1984 Dodge Rampage

turbo addict

Re: Ground Control coilover kits? I've been under a rock...

cool i wonder if they would sell them with optional spring rates, or just the fronts

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor shmedley's Avatar

I think I might have been under that same rock. I looked in the past (been a while) and didn't find them. Heard they had them but never saw them
    Thanks Brad S. SDAC National Proud Member SDAC Chicago Proud Member 14 Ram 1500 86 Shelby Charger "Chicago Stock"

turbo addict

i actually just want the backs, already running civic ones on my fronts, the backs are smaller diameter and im having trouble finding a sleeve and spring to fit it. i was about to use 2 gen eclipse ones, the sleeve fits over the strut but isnt completely open, just enough for the strut shaft to fit through.

awsome find though

maybe we could split them ... but im a cheap a$$, il prob just make something work for a quarter of the price

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 30 PSI SHADOW's Avatar

but where are the struts?
    Bill Baker
    NESDAC Pres.
    Rutland,Vermont
    90 Shadow VNT comp 332WHP/390WTQ
    12.26@116MPH-27psi (SOLD)
    89 CSX #269 59k
    83 Rampage T3 11.78@118MPH- 22psi

I ran em on Konis on my old GLH. They did great.

Cant find the pics of the rear lowered with the kit.

And GC does offer different spring rates. Also the kit cam with instructions for VW MK1 GTIs.

boostaholic

Springs look like they would be too short.
    Too bad they're only for Koni's, I'd like to try them with my KYB's.

Quote Originally Posted by Keito View Post
    Springs look like they would be too short.
    Too bad they're only for Koni's, I'd like to try them with my KYB's.
    TECHNICALLY you can, but the macpherson style spring perch limits how far down you can thread the sleeve. When I first got my GC kit YEARS ago I didn't have any idea how they would fit, so I ended up putting the sleeves over the stock setup and used some large rubber orings to bridge the gap between the coil over sleeve and the body of the strut. It's not the best and I wouldn't recommend doing it, but it can be done. But my car sounded like crap around corners, over bumps and what not.

Eventually I got the GC camber plates (required for 17" wheels on my car, at least) and finally upgraded to Koni coil overs and now Rich's plates.

And when I got my stuff from them, I was able to set my spring rates. I'm running very soft compared to I'm sure a lot of other people, but the rears are about 300# springs. Car doesn't roll too much in the back.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

The GC kit uses 8'' Eibach springs. And it is crude compared to BCs. but it is a cheap functional alternative. I lucked out and got my Konis for only $250 and they were in mint shape! So I had adjustable suspension for only $650 instead of the $1500 for Cindys kit. Not the best mind you, but functional.

Quote Originally Posted by vntned View Post
    The GC kit uses 8'' Eibach springs. And it is crude compared to BCs. but it is a cheap functional alternative. I lucked out and got my Konis for only $250 and they were in mint shape! So I had adjustable suspension for only $650 instead of the $1500 for Cindys kit. Not the best mind you, but functional.
    I want to say they have varying spring rates and lengths, but it's been so long since I got my stuff I don't remember. I'm pretty sure I got really short springs and then realized I could get longer ones so I bought another set at the rate and length I wanted. I just don't remember.....
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]