Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fuel pressure question for T2 setup

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Re: Fuel pressure question for T2 setup

All cals are based on stock fuel pressure, 55 psi.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Garrett booster

So yes I need to change back to a 2 bar Map to make this work and then get a cut off eliminator to control the boost. I am hoping to crank it up to at least 18psi on the turbo but i guess i will have to wait and see how this goes. The stage 5 cal does not work very well after trying it out last night. To lean at idle and general cruising and to rich at WOT to where the turbo cuts and spits and such with the 3 bar map as it was cal'd for. I would like to get as close to 18 psi on the boost as possible. This motor is set up to take up to 340 HP. I want to use the stock t1 turbo I have to it's full extent and see what I think of the power and such at that time before I consider buying a super 60 or 70 turbo. Any thoughts on this, please share. THanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your going to need +20's to hit 18psi, but definately doable. Adjust the fuel pressure for WOT and it should be ok in cruise so it goes into closed loop.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

turbo addict
    Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Your going to need +20's to hit 18psi, but definately doable..
    5th injector with stock injectors works too.

Garrett booster

I have +/- 40's for injectors.

Quote Originally Posted by roachjuice View Post
    5th injector with stock injectors works too.
    It does but I'd like to think we are passed that,

Quote Originally Posted by mikes87t2 View Post
    I have +/- 40's for injectors.
    They are too big without a cal, you will flood your engine and be pig rich.

turbo addict

It does but I'd like to think we are passed that,
    mine ran great with a 5th injector. didnt blow anything up. didnt knock. didnt give me any trouble. im thinking about doing that to the blue glht i have in the garage. rising rate regulator with an afpr and some +40's will work too. the shadow i had ran great like that too. 13.9@99 all day @ 20psi. if you have some mechanical ability you can make one yourself. i think a mitsu wastegate canister and a few other parts together do the trick. its on gus mahon's website.

True, you can use and RR but by the time you've bought one, tried to dial it in, he could have had FWD or Rob make him a new cal and not spend as much. What does Rob charge aka Shelgame, $50 for a new cal, then he can simply retain his 3 bar and +40's.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by mikes87t2 View Post
    So yes I need to change back to a 2 bar Map to make this work and then get a cut off eliminator to control the boost. I am hoping to crank it up to at least 18psi on the turbo but i guess i will have to wait and see how this goes. The stage 5 cal does not work very well after trying it out last night. To lean at idle and general cruising and to rich at WOT to where the turbo cuts and spits and such with the 3 bar map as it was cal'd for. I would like to get as close to 18 psi on the boost as possible. This motor is set up to take up to 340 HP. I want to use the stock t1 turbo I have to it's full extent and see what I think of the power and such at that time before I consider buying a super 60 or 70 turbo. Any thoughts on this, please share. THanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    this doesnt suprise me. not dogging fwd. i have a local buddy that has a fwd tune that has had nothing but trouble out of it. fwiw i ran 24psi on a stock garrett and +40's you have enough fuel. fwiw2 i didnt see any gain past 24psi. but that just may have been my setup.

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

True, you can use and RR but by the time you've bought one, tried to dial it in, he could have had FWD or Rob make him a new cal and not spend as much. What does Rob charge aka Shelgame, $50 for a new cal, then he can simply retain his 3 bar and +40's.
    i lean more toward mechanical stuff than electronics. example. i have a manual boost controller because i cant get my stock boost control stuff to work. ive been fighting with my tune for how long now? and the ---- still isnt right? everyone is like "omg this is the best thing evar!!" "hey guys what do i adjust to make it not run rich on idle?" (crickets making noise) dont tell me that its easy to dial in a freaking tune. its not. rrr it just takes a ----ing wrench and a wide band. running rich? loosen it up. perfect. no running in and out the house burning chips and hoping for the best. then when people tell you "oh hell yea i run that timing right there safely and i have no knock. your taking ou wayyyy too much timing." bull ----. imo. tune at your own risk and try tunes at your own risk. my experience. my "caveman" tuning worked way better than 3bar cal setup. rant off.

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

my blue car is getting a mp glhs stage 2 computer and a diode and a 5th injector with stock t2 injectors. 18psi is safe.

Garrett booster

I will try this route as well. I can have two different set ups that can be easily swapped. MP cal with 2 bar and cut out eliminator/ 3 bar with fwd cal after having it recaled. Is Rob with FWD?

turbo addict

rob is his own person. he has a ccompany called boost button. id trust him. he has unlocked alot for the tuning stuff.

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

http://www.boostbutton.com/boostbutton/index.php

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12