Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Destroyed another transmission.

boostaholic

Re: Destroyed another transmission.

Good info shayne!

Hybrid booster

no worries, this model of trans will be going in my own car as soon as turbovan man can get some time to rebuild mine. i have a bunch of very very talented engineers at work that are also car guys, and most of them are curious too see what i can do so they often will do some work for me (metal fatigue advice, stress analysis etc.)when they are bored or have downtime.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

I remember being told NEVER to power coat or chrome motorbike wheels for that exact reason as it weakens them, probably what happened here,
    Last edited by turbovanmanČ; 09-09-2011 at 01:34 PM.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

o worries, this model of trans will be going in my own car as soon as turbovan man can get some time to rebuild mine.
    It's exciting to see this 604 thing catching on.

Ive kept one 604 car around for the last 10 yrs (others have come and gone) so when the controls get figured out i'll be right there in it with you guys.

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

boostaholic

Yeah I won't be having the new one powder coated. AJ said he will do a trans for me, but he can't do it quickly, because he travels a lot with his new job. I think at this point I just want a solid trans by next racing season. He's about a 15 hour drive from me, I may just take the whole car out to him this time.

Still have to work out pricing and details. I'll probably try to get a Quaife put it in this time, and if I have enough $$$, the PCS stand alone transmission controller, which I'll have him program.

turbo addict

Yes, a few of us will be interested in 604's when we are happier with controller options. I think quite a few of us find the idea of OEM auto adjustments for wear to be superior to PCS. Huge/infinite wait potential though Cool that AJ is still willing to be in the business.

Shayne, how soon do you think your trans will go together? Not sure I can justify the money for a billet converter, PCS, and a Simon 604, especially if I blow it up. That sounds like 3000 dollars.
    Brent GREAT DEPRESSION RACING 1992 Duster 3.0T The Junkyard - MS II, OEM 10:1 -[I] Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 [U]Stock[/U] 3.0 Junk Motor - 1 bar MAP [/I] 1994 Spirit 3.0T - 11.5@120 20 psi - Daily :eyebrows: Holset He351 -FT600 - 393whp 457ft/lb @18psi 1994 Spirit 3.0T a670 - He341, stock fuel, BEGI. Wife's into kid's project. 1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TI/II non IC, a413 1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1994 Duster 3.0 A543 1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver -- 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts -- 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag 2005 Durango Hemi Limited -- 1998 Dodge 12v 47re. AFC mods, No plate, Mack plug, Boost elbow -- 2011 Dodge 6.7 G56

Hybrid booster

best bet for timeframe is difficult (im hoping sooner than later).. but i will be keeping everyone posted, as i will have to start making a build thread myself soon.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ondonti View Post
    Yes, a few of us will be interested in 604's when we are happier with controller options. I think quite a few of us find the idea of OEM auto adjustments for wear to be superior to PCS. Huge/infinite wait potential though Cool that AJ is still willing to be in the business.

Shayne, how soon do you think your trans will go together? Not sure I can justify the money for a billet converter, PCS, and a Simon 604, especially if I blow it up. That sounds like 3000 dollars.
    Ouch, that hurts.

As for the 604, if I can make it last my A413's, then he's golden as it looks like I have a 604 coming for my van, The PCS sucks as you'll have to keep recalibrating it for clutch wear and a billet converter is probably overkill unless your boosting in LU. Hoping to start working on his in the next few weeks.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12