Thread: A little feedback on the purple plate/ 4 puck combo

turbo addict

A little feedback on the purple plate/ 4 puck combo

It's been about 3 years sinse installing my purple plate/4 puck combo. It's been a fantastic clutch, never hinted at slipping and it's been through hell and back over the past years and about 20,000 miles.

My A-555 transmission has given up and I decided to switch to a built up auto so I thought I'd write a review on the purple plate combo. I think mine was the first put into service and mine is the prototype. I have inspected for flywheel wear, pressure plate wear, puck wear and thrust bearing wear. The flywheel is almost nothing for wear as well as the pressure plate, the pucks might be worn a little but I never measured them before I installed the clutch. The pucks are at about .320 thickness., the thrust bearing is exactly where it was when it was fresh at 5 thou.

It's a great product and I'm sure it had a lot more life in it if I could keep the transmissions together. Thanks Chris for making this available to us. - Jamie

Re: A little feedback on the purple plate/ 4 puck combo

Hi Jamie,

We appreciate your feedback on our purple clutches. Sounds like it would have continued working for you if the transmission had only held together. Thanks for the information on clutch wear. We will pass it on to customers interested in knowing the life expectancy of our Purple Stage IV 4-puck clutches.

We do have a line of High Performance Torque Convertors should you need one in the future.

Thanks again,

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

turbo addict

Re: A little feedback on the purple plate/ 4 puck combo

Thanks for the offer, but this auto trans was built by Dean Stillie and it's got a fair bit of goodies in it.

The clutch would still be in the car if I could keep tranny's in it, but the bearing failures and resulting damage along with parts availability turned me onto an auto. I'll probably sell that clutch again because it really is good. Could you tell me based off my measurements of the puck thickness how much is worn?