Hey guys, I recently completed my turbo build on my Omni and began putting some miles on her. It's a lightly modified '88 T1 setup with a Garrett TB03 turbo from a Spirit R/T with stock intercooler on 10psi with stock T1 injectors.

The trans is a turbo HD unit and had only 88,000km on it was refreshed by Rob aka Shadow last year, who installed new friction disks and steels as well as the Sonnax HD rear band strut and a shift kit as well as a solid diff pin and diff pin keepers. I have a large oil cooler on it and was filled up with fresh ATF+4 to the correct level. I have put less than 500km on the engine and trans and it has not seen any drag race duty, autocross or brake boosting of any kind; it has only been driven around town and on the highway. It's done several WOT pulls from 1st to 3rd gear but never anything harsh.

From new I noticed that it had a slight flare up when shifting from 2nd to 3rd under part throttle (but the issue was absent when shifting at WOT) which I believe was caused by the front band and clutch being out of adjustment. Yesterday however I lost 1st gear and reverse entirely. I had not driven the car rough, only on the highway and then parked it for several hours. Upon returning to it I had no reverse gear at all. No pop, no shudder, just nothing. I am hoping that it's merely the low-reverse band requiring adjustment but I am unsure.

What are your thoughts on the matter? This isn't a drag only car and was to be a lightly modified summer daily driver.

Thanks, TheCanadian