Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor j4278h's Avatar

Clean 1987 Daytona Shelby Z with mods $3750

Date: 31st August 2011
    Username: j4278h
    Full Name:Jason Hagger
    City, State, Zip:Paw Paw, MI, 49079
    Selling or Wanted Price: $3750

Description:

Time to list the recently acquired 1987 Dodge Daytona SHelby Z. It is flash red with tinted windows all around including the windshield. The car came to me as a rolling chassis. I then installed a 1989 T2 common block engine, garrett turbo with large 2.5" sv and big can. Using a stock 87 two piece intake. For a transmission I put in a 1994 A523. It does have considerable amount of modifications done to it. Currently the front sway bar is off due to modifying for endlinks. I can reinstall for anyone seriously interested. This is by far the cleanest one I have owned. Only tossing it out there for serious bites, otherwise I plan on hanging onto it for some time.

-supra front mount intercooler
    -1g dsm uncrushed bov
    -new brake pads, rotors
    -Turbos Unleashed 3" downpipe and turbo-back exhaust dumping in front of the rear driver's wheel with a 3" ultra-Flo muffler
    -Recored T-II radiator
    -Autometer oil and boost pressure gauges in custom pod
    -Autometer fuel pressure gauge located in engine compartment for tuning
    -AEM Uego wideband gauge already installed in exhaust and in custom pod
    -Kenwood Excellon head unit
    -reupholstered headliner and sun visors
    -Walbro 255lph in tank fuel pump
    -Eibach springs with 1 coil cut off rear and 1 1/4 on the front
    -MSD Blaster 2 ignition coil
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P8290382.JPG 
Views:	711 
Size:	263.7 KB 
ID:	33646   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P8290383.JPG 
Views:	400 
Size:	273.0 KB 
ID:	33647   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P8290384.JPG 
Views:	609 
Size:	273.6 KB 
ID:	33648   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P8290385.JPG 
Views:	773 
Size:	316.8 KB 
ID:	33649   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P8290386.JPG 
Views:	459 
Size:	265.5 KB 
ID:	33650   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P8290387.JPG 
Views:	523 
Size:	256.1 KB 
ID:	33651  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P8290388.JPG 
Views:	406 
Size:	263.7 KB 
ID:	33652  
    Last edited by j4278h; 03-22-2013 at 02:34 PM. Reason: dropped the price 1-17-13

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Re: Clean 1987 Daytona Shelby Z with mods $4999

Pauls former car? Yeah, its clean

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Yes sir it is. Really if it was any other color I wouldn't even think about selling it but I already have a really clean iroc r/t in red, 87 shelby t-top in red.
    To many red and not enough silvers.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

I hear ya, I wanted a black one... but the red grew on me.

+1 for good seller

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Dropped the price, also decided to be interested in Ram diesels and GLHS in a trade situation.

Hybrid booster

How many miles are on the motor and the trans.

engine was pulled out of a 88k daytona donor and no idea on the mileage on the a555.
    Quote Originally Posted by moe44688 View Post
    How many miles are on the motor and the trans.

Hybrid booster

I'm back and you know what I want. The Viper needs a friend

Hybrid booster

Pending sale back to me.

Well its back up for sale, any interest in the car complete this week should speak up. Otherwise the aftermarket wheels are getting pulled and the car is hibernating next to the GLHS for the winter.

After getting jerked around again, tossing this back up for short time before giving up completely.

The aftermarket wheels are long gone. Car has an issue with clutch not disengaging. Either the cable stretched or the adjuster is shot. Haven't torn into the vehicle to diagnose.

Cash only, I will not take a check, money order, food stamps, trades, Obama phones, or broken xbox.

turbo addict

I thought tehdrizzle had this car?

Quote Originally Posted by 168glhs1986 View Post
    I thought tehdrizzle had this car?
    Big negative,

Most likely going to fix this and turn it into my junkyard hauler or a 4 cylinder enduro at the local speedway.

The price is now $3750. Car doesn't have the pictured wheels on it anymore. Currently it is sitting on Laser XT wagon wheels. Also I am swapping in a spare A523 to replace the A555.

Transmission swap should be finished next weekend.

Garrett booster

Re: Clean 1987 Daytona Shelby Z with mods $3750

Sorry to switch which forums I ask questions on.

How's it running? I've been toying around with the idea of looking around but I don't want to make any trips up for cars that aren't running. Daily driver running or does it need work?

Quote Originally Posted by STLShelbyZ View Post
    Sorry to switch which forums I ask questions on.

How's it running? I've been toying around with the idea of looking around but I don't want to make any trips up for cars that aren't running. Daily driver running or does it need work?
    runs fine, don't see why there would be an issue for dd duty. If its not sold before the snow is gone, this will be my dd.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by j4278h View Post
    runs fine, don't see why there would be an issue for dd duty. If its not sold before the snow is gone, this will be my dd.
    Okay, I'm raising the red flag here. I can attest that when this car was being delivered to me that the distributor cap, and spark plug wires were taken off, also that it is "believed" to be a stretched clutch cable as shown in post #11 above. This does not deem this car as daily drivable. I had full intentions of purchasing this vehicle back but after being told that I would be able to start it upon delivery and then it arrives with half of the ignition gone, it kind of put a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm usually a pretty easy going guy and get along with everyone but I have to draw the line here.

Yes I contacted you two other times about purchasing the car and it fell through, stuff happens in life we all know that, and I had the cash to purchase the car when you had brought it down, but when it shows up in the condition that it was in I wasn't going to buy it, end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by tehdrizzle View Post
    Okay, I'm raising the red flag here. ..
    Yes I contacted you two other times about purchasing the car and it fell through, stuff happens in life we all know that, and I had the cash to purchase the car when you had brought it down, but when it shows up in the condition that it was in I wasn't going to buy it, end of story.

REALLY Paul, you want to start in here.

Look at the first post along with #14 I am swapping the transmission to a 523 along with the appropriate hardware. The 555/spec clutch/ and short shifter have been sold to someone already.

Don't act like you refused this car when I delivered it for free. You tried to pay me with a check and I refused to take that. I know very well it was either going to bounce or be voided out immediately. The pictured cap and wires were off the car when delivered because they were used on my dd van many moons ago. I had told you about this prior to delivery and a stock cap/wires/distributor were in the cab of the delivery truck. Had there been any concerns about the running condition of this vehicle I was more than willing to install these stock parts store items along with removing the battery from the truck to start it up.

I had also offered for you to come to where the car was stored and inspect it/start it/do whatever prior to me delivering.

Never once in the previous times or this one did I get an email/text/phone call or hand written letter telling me you didn't want the car. That is all it would have taken. Don't act like I'm the only seller on here that you have done that to.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by j4278h View Post
    REALLY Paul, you want to start in here.

Look at the first post along with #14 I am swapping the transmission to a 523 along with the appropriate hardware. The 555/spec clutch/ and short shifter have been sold to someone already.

Don't act like you refused this car when I delivered it for free. You tried to pay me with a check and I refused to take that. I know very well it was either going to bounce or be voided out immediately. The pictured cap and wires were off the car when delivered because they were used on my dd van many moons ago. I had told you about this prior to delivery and a stock cap/wires/distributor were in the cab of the delivery truck. Had there been any concerns about the running condition of this vehicle I was more than willing to install these stock parts store items along with removing the battery from the truck to start it up.

I had also offered for you to come to where the car was stored and inspect it/start it/do whatever prior to me delivering.

Never once in the previous times or this one did I get an email/text/phone call or hand written letter telling me you didn't want the car. That is all it would have taken. Don't act like I'm the only seller on here that you have done that to.
    Complete B.S. I had full intentions of purchasing the car but when you said you would be there at 10am and didn’t show up by 12pm I figured you were just going to no call no show so I put the cash back in my account. You told me all it needed was a cap, wire, and battery, at no time did you ever tell me you have the parts to start it up if requested.

Also, I don’t recall you saying anything other than it’s still sitting out in the field since you always replied with a single sentence or less in PM when I was trying to ask about the car.

I as well as a few others believe that you’ve been upset ever since getting the car from me since you couldn’t get your $6499 that you were asking for it to make a huge profit. I’m also pretty sure you kept telling me you were going to hack it up for parts to try and get to me or to try and get me to buy it back.

Jason, I truly do appreciate all of the help/advice you gave me back when I had my first turbo dodge cars and the parts that you helped me out with. I wish that there wasn’t this turmoil and bad blood because but this kind of things happens in the world unfortunately.

The moderately moderate moderator Turbo Mopar Staff

Alright you two, that's enough. Paul, if you want to do a feedback post you are more than welcome to. This ends here. Not going to have a pi$$ing contest in the middle of this for sale thread. One more word and it gets deleted.
    Bryan
    86 GLHS #161, 2016 Impala
    SDAC National Member, SDAC Buckeye Chapter Member

A man has got to know his limitations.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast