Thread: Look at this.........

Hybrid booster

Look at this.........

I'm leaving names out of this one but I recently sold the fmic, intercooler piping, short ram, and battery tray to a member on here for a great price. When they received the items they went on to tell me that I knew that the items could not fit a car with A/C which is not true since it would not fit their car, as I stated in previous PM's to this person that I was not sure if it would fit a car with A/C, and in all honesty did not. I told the person to send the parts back and I would get a money order back out to them asap no questions asked and this is what I got back:

The one pipe had a dent in it that was so bad I'm sure it would cause a boost leak unless you cut the end off that had the dent in it. It looked like someone has used a pair of vice grips to make the dent or try to repair it. I went ahead and shipped this back to the buyer since this is clearly unable to be resold. As I stated no names will be mentioned unless this is taken further and I am posting this to show what I received back after stating I would give a refund with no questions asked.

Hybrid booster

Re: Look at this.........

If it is not shipping damage, then it looks to me that the parts have a new owner.
    Gene

Hybrid booster

The parts were packed with tons of news paper, shipping air bags, styrofoam, bubble wrap, and also taped card board to both sides of the intercooler to protect the fins. When it arrived back at my door step half of the packing material was gone and the intercooler support bolts were thrown into the box loose. If it was caused by shipping then the buyer could file a claim on their side since it was inadequately packed.

Hybrid booster

I would send them back to him especially if you did not send them out that way and cannot prove it was shipping damage. Feel for you.

The person surely did not do enough research on his application.

So sad to bad but you own them now.

Was your transaction through paypal?

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by clarkwhoracing View Post
    I would send them back to him especially if you did not send them out that way and cannot prove it was shipping damage. Feel for you.

The person surely did not do enough research on his application.

So sad to bad but you own them now.

Was your transaction through paypal?

The transaction was not through Payal and I'm happy it wasn't since something just like this happened back when I had my srt-4. I had sold my $500 agp intercooler to someone though ebay and they paid through paypal. They said that the item was not as described and I told them to ship it back. Instead they opened a claim through paypal and when the bix showed uo they credited his account with the $500. The only catch was inside the box was nit the intercooler but it was a 3 foot long steel pipe. Paypal told me to bad so sad and I was out my intercooler and $500.

The moderately moderate moderator Turbo Mopar Staff
    Oh well for them if it truly went down this way. And if it did go down that way, sad.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    Bryan
    86 GLHS #161, 2016 Impala
    SDAC National Member, SDAC Buckeye Chapter Member

A man has got to know his limitations.....

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs727's Avatar

Yea, I can't believe how some people package items for shipping. If you put heavy items in a box and don't use the proper packaging material, them it is likely your parts will be crap when they arrive. I would contact the seller. They are the only ones that can file a claim. The IC looks OK even though it has a dent, it won't affect it's operation, but the pipes or at least some of them are fubared. I would refund the money for the IC, but tell them to file a claim with the shipper forthe pipes. If they did a crap job on packing, their claim will likely be denied, and the shipper will want the box/packing material to check to make sure you don't throught it out
    FWD Performance is a performance shop with a significant investment in this market. We pride oursleves with a hard work ethic, friendly customer service, and honest business dealings with no hidden fees. FWD Performance, Real Race Products by Real Racers.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by tehdrizzle View Post
    The transaction was not through Payal and I'm happy it wasn't since something just like this happened back when I had my srt-4. I had sold my $500 agp intercooler to someone though ebay and they paid through paypal. They said that the item was not as described and I told them to ship it back. Instead they opened a claim through paypal and when the bix showed uo they credited his account with the $500. The only catch was inside the box was nit the intercooler but it was a 3 foot long steel pipe. Paypal told me to bad so sad and I was out my intercooler and $500.
    rage!!! id return the pipe personally if possible.
    1988 Lancer Shelby 2.2TII 1989 Shadow ES 2.5TI 1992 Lebaron Sedan 3.0Auto 1993 Acclaim 2.5TI-A520 Hoard parts now!

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

None of the pipes were damaged thru shipping so to the buyer, tough titties, you now own it all. What a hack, wow,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Its looks like it was INSTALLED, that elbow looks like it has been rubbing on the something for some time and the dents on the fin are from suffing it in engine bay. Wow, idiot probably thought he'd get 100hp outta the setup and when it didnt happen figured he'd screw you over.....names please, I dont wanna deal with this person.

turbo addict

TehDrizzle, you get AWSOME feedback from me. Sold me a boost controller super cheap, looks like new and came really fast!

Sorry to see that somebody damages your goods and tried to pawn it back on you.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor glhs727's Avatar

I think some of you might want to reread the first post. Tehdrizzle said these were on his car originally, and when he parted the car he sold the to BUYER1. buyer 1 got the parts and said they did not fit his application and wanted a refund so drizzle told him to send back the parts. This is how the parts arrived back to the seller, NOT necessarily how they were originally. So BUYER1 said nothing about damage just fit. Drizzel seller now has the parts back but they are damaged and he doesn't know what to do about the refund because they are not the same condition as when he sold them.....
    FWD Performance is a performance shop with a significant investment in this market. We pride oursleves with a hard work ethic, friendly customer service, and honest business dealings with no hidden fees. FWD Performance, Real Race Products by Real Racers.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Wow. This is a rough one. I sure hope that you had good pics of everything before you sent them out. Lasky's head thread with the videos made me totally rethink my process for shipping items which can be damaged easily or swapped with something else easily.

Aren't these the pieces that were nicely polished? Sheesh, the buyer hacked that stuff up!
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The parts were damaged after purchase by the new owner. It's up to you to take them back, but if you didn't ship them in that condition, buyer beware and I personally would ship them back and tell him they're his now. There is no way I buy something, mark them up AT ALL and then have the nerve to send them back and ask for a refund. Even if you didn't make a statement how they would fit, it is the buyer's responsibility to ask these questions BEFORE buying.

Sorry man, my suggestion is send it back but that's up to you. Good luck with dealing with this.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]