Thread: power loss light on. HELP

Garrett booster

power loss light on. HELP

driving Home from work, the power loss light came on, i figured a vacuum line popped off or something. pulled over and checked key codes and pulled a 32/35/54 and of course 12/55
    i just got the motor in the car and only have maybe 250/300 miles on it. i dont have a EGR in the car, so i'm assuming thats the 32? i have a electric fan that is hard wired in on a toggle so thinking that is the cause of 35? 54..HEP related? funky connection? what yall think?

its an 85 SC t1, has an 87 2.2l, injectors and dizzy along with injectors harness are all 85.

Garrett booster

Re: power loss light on. HELP

i just cleaned the dizzy connections, and LM connnections and re-greased them fired the car up and 54 still on, thinking that the hep is bad, now can i buy just that or a need a whole dizzy? and the 87 2.2 t1 that i purchased (the motor that is in the car) came with a distributor will that one work?

turbo addict

Is the LM calibrated?

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by Haibach boys View Post
    now can i buy just that or a need a whole dizzy?
    you can deff buy a HEP sensor from advanced or autozone, and they arent terribly expensive (10-20$ i think...) its just one bolt(or two) to pull off the distributor cap and the HEP sits inside with two pigtails that come out from the sides.

and the 87 2.2 t1 that i purchased (the motor that is in the car) came with a distributor will that one work?
    Im not 100% sure, but i think the 85-86 motors were different and the 87-89 they changed the HEP a little, but i could be mistaken...

Try to use Mopar hep. There seems to be a quality issue with other hep's. Junkyard is good source for heps.

J.R.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by zshadow View Post
    you can deff buy a HEP sensor from advanced or autozone, and they arent terribly expensive (10-20$ i think...) its just one bolt(or two) to pull off the distributor cap and the HEP sits inside with two pigtails that come out from the sides.

Im not 100% sure, but i think the 85-86 motors were different and the 87-89 they changed the HEP a little, but i could be mistaken...
    They are definitely more than $10-20. Darn little things are like 50 bucks from an auto store.

Also, I believe the only HEP difference ever is an NA and turbo difference.

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

Actually it appears youre right. 85 Omni turbo lists a different part number than an 89 Daytona shelby.

Garrett booster

i have a dura-won't-last one coming tonight, and a mopar one that will be here tues. just need it running asap to put some miles on it before the big trip.