Thread: Slate blue '86 Turbo Z, parts or all

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

Slate blue '86 Turbo Z, parts or all

I have a line on a 1986 Turbo Z. Slate Blue, blue/silver two tone interior, five speed, no engine, solid roof. Now here's the deal: The car has been sitting for nearly ten years in a farm shed, most of which were spent with no glass in the drivers door, so don't expect much to be in great shape. I do know that the floorpans are rusted, but not beyond repair. I am bringing it up to strip it of all useable body panels for my own CS, including fenders, hatch, passenger GFX, front end, rear bumper cover, and possibly doors. Hood is already gone. Now any parts that I take off will be replaced with lesser condition ones off of my CS, so the car will still be more or less complete. None of these parts are really damaged, just half primered and/or peeling paint. NO FRONT BOTTOM AIRDAM, BUT SIDE SKIRTS AVAILABLE. The reason I'm even bringing this up is if anyone needs odds and ends or more from this car, send me a list and I can get back to you when the car arrives, most likely in about a month. Or better yet: Being as this is the rarest color of the '86 models and I hate seeing it go to the crusher I am willing to offer the car FREE, with all leftover parts and a CLEAN TITLE, to anyone who wants to come pick it up. This would include the '86 TI longblock pulled from my CS, less the turbo. It's tired, but it runs and will come with the car. If you're willing to put the effort into it, this should be 90%+ of what's needed for a running, driving car. PM me if seriously interested.
    Last edited by supercrackerbox; 07-19-2006 at 05:06 AM.

Hybrid booster

Re: Slate blue '86 Turbo Z, parts or all

if it was a t top car i would be on my way if you know of any let me know thanks greg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stephs tona_edited.JPG 
Views:	117 
Size:	241.1 KB 
ID:	1676  

Nope, not a T-top one, or I'd probably not give it up. But that's the color, not very many of them out there in any form. Car can also come with a choice of factory 15" pizzas, 15"x6.5" crabs (need refinishing), or 15" pumpers and some driveable tires if that's any more incentive. The tires are just some cheap 205/60/15 all seasons, but they're half tread and no real weather checking.

I do also know of an '87 Shelby Z T-Top car for sale in western IA, PM me if you'd like more info on that.

i am looking for a z front nose for my 85 ttop z can you help?

I've got a Garnett/Silver one off of an '85. No lower airdam though. But unless you live fairly close, shipping is going to be pretty brutal I would think.

turbo addict

I just need the lower grill for mine. Its missing.. Would you part with that?
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

You mean the three plastic bars that run behind the lisence plate bracket? I'd have to check, but I believe those are broken/missing. It's been years since I've looked at it that closely. I'll check next time I'm at the garage, if you don't hear back soon, send me a pm to remind me.

Oh, and just an update on the original thread- the car is still available, although the above mentioned shortblock and crab wheels are now gone. The Shelby Charger project kind of pushed the Daytona to the back burner again. Probably be looking at spring time now before it's gone.

will pay shipping but i need a front turbo z facia for my 85 ttop z

What's your location? Do you need just the covering, or do you need the header panel, the headlamp assemblies, bumper, or anything else? Give me your email address and I'll get you some pictures in the coming week.

do you still have the iroc daytona

Who, me? Never had one. Closest I had was a '90 VNT which was sold in November.

turbo addict

were the 86 g-bodies suck through like the l-bodies or were they blow through?

turbo addict

They had the non-intercooled log intake system on them. Hope this helps.