Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much is this car worth?

Mitsu booster

Question How much is this car worth?

Question.

My parents own a 1986 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z C/S with 1,427 miles on it. Like brand new. Still has the brand new smell.

What's it worth?

turbo addict

Re: How much is this car worth?

Sorry to sound cliche':

Honestly, it's only worth whatever somebody is willing to pay. If you are trying to sell it, then I would start at 10K-12K and work down from there. You can always ask high money and negotiate...
    -Nate- ''Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.'' —Mark Twain

turbo addict

Not very much, in this bear market.

this thread feels familiar, was this particular car offered up for evaluation on this board before?

since there probably hasn't been an 86 daytona turbo Z w/ 1,400 miles on it sold anywhere in 20+ years, it isn't easy to guess what it might fetch. if i had to guess: $7,000-$10,000.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Very hard to guess. An 89 Shelby CSX (1 of 500 built) with only 7500 miles on it went through Barrett Jackson not too long ago for $7500 or so. 86 Daytona Turbo Z is in general more common, I would think $6-8k if you can find the right buyer, maybe as low as $4-5k though, the market is rough right now.
    [B]Scott[/B] 86 GLHS #408 88 Shadow ES 92 Spirit R/T 04 SRT-4

turbo addict

Hardtop or T-top? There was one here locally with very low miles like that. Thing looked brand new. Was cool to see how all the ground f/x looked when coming out of the factory. They were asking 8500. I don't know what or if it sold for that and that was probably 9 years ago.

Hybrid booster

$2...but u have to drop it off.

i kid, but unless you can find an individual (i.e. "sucker") who thinks these will be collectible one day...the mileage is a moot point.

Quote Originally Posted by dataminer View Post
    Question.

My parents own a 1986 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z C/S with 1,427 miles on it. Like brand new. Still has the brand new smell.

What's it worth?
    Is it for sale? show some pics.
    best 1/8 ET-6.16 sec. best 1/8 speed-119.70 Best 1/4 MPH 145.5, Best 1/4 ET 9.65 sec. 8 valve NO NITROUS!!

Mitsu booster

Looks like I forgot about this thread for a few years. So many naysayers I debate if placing photos will have a single ---- of difference. So the point you folks are trying to convey... is that 1500 miles means jack ----, new car smell, jack ----... what about the folks who are looking for this vehicle? And yes, I've dumped several threads to the effect all over the internet over the past few years. As I have -----all interest in old gas-burners with obsolete technology other than making room and money for my '79 383 Z28. Long story short, yeah it's for sale if my parents can get at least what they paid for it brand new. Which is around... no idea... 12k? 15k? And bear in mind, that I'm not a dodge freak, your color commentary to the effect of the derogatory won't reach me in the least. But if you're in the western PA area, you can take it upon yourself to arrange a visit to see what these looked like in 1986 all brand-new and ten shades of ooh-----in-la-la that's been parked in a garage since '86. And if you're in the market, you can have a lookie loo at a 71 corvette stingray also for sale... and if the price is right you can take my '79 Z28 with a short-stroke 383 with you.

Mitsu booster

Contact me at dataminer [at] atlanticbb.net and I'll send you a few of all the aforementioned vehicles. Otherwise, enjoy your outlashes... I promise I won't read them.
    Last edited by dataminer; 04-19-2014 at 02:46 AM.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Guy, just put it on Ebay with a reserve. You'll get a bugger audience than here, and by posting pictures will be more likely To get interest in it than coming here and saying that you doubt it would make a bit of a difference.

It's been three years, should be sold by now. Throw it on ebay, and try to move it. Takes two minutes.
    Last edited by CoolV300C; 04-19-2014 at 07:25 AM.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Looks like I forgot about this thread for a few years. So many naysayers I debate if placing photos will have a single ---- of difference. So the point you folks are trying to convey... is that 1500 miles means jack ----, new car smell, jack ----... what about the folks who are looking for this vehicle? And yes, I've dumped several threads to the effect all over the internet over the past few years. As I have -----all interest in old gas-burners with obsolete technology other than making room and money for my '79 383 Z28. Long story short, yeah it's for sale if my parents can get at least what they paid for it brand new. Which is around... no idea... 12k? 15k? And bear in mind, that I'm not a dodge freak, your color commentary to the effect of the derogatory won't reach me in the least. But if you're in the western PA area, you can take it upon yourself to arrange a visit to see what these looked like in 1986 all brand-new and ten shades of ooh-----in-la-la that's been parked in a garage since '86. And if you're in the market, you can have a lookie loo at a 71 corvette stingray also for sale... and if the price is right you can take my '79 Z28 with a short-stroke 383 with you.
    Contact me at dataminer [at] atlanticbb.net and I'll send you a few of all the aforementioned vehicles. Otherwise, enjoy your outlashes... I promise I won't read them.

Insulting the people who offered up honest opinions when you asked for them isn't the best way to make a sale. The reality is that you will most likely be waiting a while if you would like to get original sticker price. There could be a guy out there who remembers when dad bought the exact same car and brought it home though. Those guys are getting to a point in their lives where they have some disposable income...

turbo addict

LOL, what in the hell? did we upset him by asking to post a picture? good riddance, who in there right mind would contact someone with this demeanor. just asking for a headache
    1988 Lancer Shelby 2.2TII 1989 Shadow ES 2.5TI 1992 Lebaron Sedan 3.0Auto 1993 Acclaim 2.5TI-A520 Hoard parts now!

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

Dont push the red button.You hear me?

Quote Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
    He won't be reading replies; but text within a picture? You're a shoe in for the ivy league of evil doctor schools good sir.

Hybrid booster

Condescending Wonka FTW!

And to think, theres a guy on TD (and may be here too) who wants a mint Turbo Z. Oh well.

Hybrid booster

this guy reminds me of a kid on the other forum a few months ago.

he was tring to sell his CSX on craigslist but never got a single phone call about the car, wanted everyone's opinion on what his car was worth and what he should be asking for it. everyone gave him a very honest opinion -his car had several major issues that seriously affects the value of any car- and he got all butthurt. told us all we were crazy, we described in detail again why he was asking more than twice what his car was really worth, showed him several examples of other cars like his for sale that were in better condition than his for less than what he was asking for his. he responds by saying we were trying to lowball him so one of us could "steal his car from him" even though no one had any interest in buying it.

people keep watching these "reality shows" where every part of what you see is completely 100% staged, think their stuff is suddenly gold and then crap themselves when that tuns out not to be the case and lash out at everyone. sorry guys, but "reality TV" is about as far from reality as little green men on the moon.

Hybrid booster

And unless you were buying it purely to keep it parked in a garage as a collector most people wouldn't want to buy a car that old with that few of miles on it. Dry rotted seals and flat spotted tires come to mind.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Turbo224's Avatar

Some people cant handle the truth...

~Tyler Larsen~Salt Lake City~
    -92 Daytona R/T (T3/T4 Hybrid, Quaife, etc...)
    -86 Jeep Grand Wagoneer Woody (winter beast)
    -01 Audi TT Quattro (daily driver)
    -71 Plymouth Cuda 440-6pk tribute

Check out my Homepage

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo224 View Post
    You can't handle the truth!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo224 View Post
    You can't handle the truth!!!