Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Charger SRT-4 Build

boostaholic

Re: Charger SRT-4 Build

....must have more progress and photos.....

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by 54inches View Post
    ....must have more progress and photos.....
    Lol, Thats funny^^ gotta remember that I just had my ACL reconsrtucted 3 weeks ago. But I did mount my fuel pump where the old front mount was located. The pump is a Aeromotive A1000 . I still need a couple O-rings and 2 feet of -10 line to complete the fuel system. I also finished the throtle cable and bracket.

The A1000 is mounted on 4 rubber isolators just to dampen the vibrations from the motor .

The cable is a universal and im still using the stock pedal.

If I get out to work on it tomorrow I will post more updates.....
    Dave.

Banned Turbo Mopar Contributor

STILL WAITING FOR MY FRONT SLICKS

WHATS THE HOLD UP??? YOUR PART IS HERE AND WAITING...HAS BEEN FOR OVER A WEEK AND STILL NEVER HEARD BACK......the tires are still mounted to the rims!!! gee youve had them for how long now??? it really looks like you plan to give them back.............................

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by Juggy View Post
    STILL WAITING FOR MY FRONT SLICKS

WHATS THE HOLD UP???
    YOUR PART IS HERE AND WAITING...HAS BEEN FOR OVER A WEEK AND STILL NEVER HEARD BACK......the tires are still mounted to the rims!!! gee youve had them for how long now??? it really looks like you plan to give them back.............................
    Lol, whats the hold up? Its called a full time job, a kid that plays travel hockey , attending therapy sessions , building a racecar and taking care of my family. Im usually pretty tired after all that.
    So considering you dont work and you have my phone #, why couldnt you have called me???? Too busy playin PS3??
    Is that the part that you scooped from my shop????? How bout the $$ you owe me for payin for the shipping???
    So instead of calling me you decide to ruin by build thread with your stupid post! Grow up Juggy!

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Thanks for all the pics. It's been a great thread up to this point.

Insert "I like where this thread is going.jpg".

Banned Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by 16valvecharger View Post
    Lol, whats the hold up? Its called a full time job, a kid that plays travel hockey , attending therapy sessions , building a racecar and taking care of my family. Im usually pretty tired after all that.
    So considering you dont work and you have my phone #, why couldnt you have called me???? Too busy playin PS3??
    Is that the part that you scooped from my shop????? How bout the $$ you owe me for payin for the shipping???
    So instead of calling me you decide to ruin by build thread with your stupid post! Grow up Juggy!

Last edited by Juggy; 08-21-2011 at 06:51 PM.

Garrett booster

Progress today Sunday Aug 21/11
    Finished the shifter cable mount, I welded a washer to the original shift tower bracket and drilled it to size. The cable mount is a A413 bracket.

I also installed the starter , torque converter bolts and modded the rear calipers so I can mount the wheels. I also spoke to Juggy today after he had a chance to put down the PS3 controller. We seemed to figure some things out as you can see the from him in his last post. So to send him some love back this next pic shows how we roll!

I will try to get more done on it tomorrow.

Dave.

boostaholic

Thanks and you are welcome! Get that knee well; I mean hop on the other while you are building the car!!!!

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Are you running the fuel tank in the stock location? If so, are you using a pusher pump?

Looking good,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Are you running the fuel tank in the stock location? If so, are you using a pusher pump?

Looking good,
    Simon, the tank is mounted on the passenger side in the fender. The pump is gravity fed with -10 , the A1000 is good for 1000HP .
    This is a pic of the pump.

Dave

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Simon, the tank is mounted on the passenger side in the fender. The pump is gravity fed with -10 , the A1000 is good for 1000HP .
    This is a pic of the pump.

Dave
    Gotcha, gravity fed,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor Shadow's Avatar

I'm lovin the type of fuel cell and mounting location!

Robert Mclellan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wambNdfnu5M
    10.04 @ 143.28mph (144.82 highest mph)
    Worlds fastest 8v MTX Shelby Charger
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!
    New clutch combo is the SH!T!

boostaholic

Dave,

What shifter did you use?
    I need to get an aftermarket setup for my RMVB and was thinking of what needs to be modified to
    mount it to the trans.
    I see the washer you welded but the cable looks weird.

Thanks!!!

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

These are the pics that were requested.

^^in that pic you can see how much the frame had to be massaged also you can see that the O/E mount was used but flipped over and still needs a 1/2inch spacer.
    Thanks for posting the pics! How and why was the frame massaged?
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Basic Vendor (MSD, Hawk, etc) Turbo Mopar Contributor rbryant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    Thanks for posting the pics! How and why was the frame massaged?
    This is the same way I did it. The back side of the neon adapter mount hits the frame rail because the frame rail is actually narrower on the back side of the mount than the front. I did some grinding on the Neon adapter to add some more clearance.

I also couldn't get a rear accessory to clear the frame rail with the engine centered without the rear accessory pulley hitting the frame rail. I switched to an MR2 electric PS pump to solve that problem but of course I haven't worked on the car in a while due to the 100 degree summer heat here so I haven't switched it on yet.

The front bottom the Stratus AC compressor pulley will also hit the frame rail if not clearanced slightly unless you put a big tilt forward on the engine.
    A Neon V rib AC compressor might have fit but I didn't try it because I like the serpentine belt so I just notched the frame and will weld it back up once things are finalized. It will be obvious where it hits but it is really only a problem if you keep the AC.

-Rich

turbo addict

Very sweet build!

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rbryant View Post
    This is the same way I did it. The back side of the neon adapter mount hits the frame rail because the frame rail is actually narrower on the back side of the mount than the front. I did some grinding on the Neon adapter to add some more clearance.

I also couldn't get a rear accessory to clear the frame rail with the engine centered without the rear accessory pulley hitting the frame rail. I switched to an MR2 electric PS pump to solve that problem but of course I haven't worked on the car in a while due to the 100 degree summer heat here so I haven't switched it on yet.

The front bottom the Stratus AC compressor pulley will also hit the frame rail if not clearanced slightly unless you put a big tilt forward on the engine.
    A Neon V rib AC compressor might have fit but I didn't try it because I like the serpentine belt so I just notched the frame and will weld it back up once things are finalized. It will be obvious where it hits but it is really only a problem if you keep the AC.

-Rich
    Sweet. The only thing that will be hanging off my 2.4 will be an alternator, and I am planning to mount it up front like a 2.2. So hopefully I will just need to ding the frame a little bit to clear the Stratus engine mount. Custom axles are out of the question.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by Keito View Post
    Dave,

What shifter did you use?
    I need to get an aftermarket setup for my RMVB and was thinking of what needs to be modified to
    mount it to the trans.
    I see the washer you welded but the cable looks weird.

Thanks!!!
    Its a Hurst pistol grip shifter using the stock cable mount and RMVB . the cable looks "weird" because of the stock dust cover on it.
    Dave.

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

Sweet. The only thing that will be hanging off my 2.4 will be an alternator, and I am planning to mount it up front like a 2.2. So hopefully I will just need to ding the frame a little bit to clear the Stratus engine mount. Custom axles are out of the question.
    Yes just like Rich said the frame rails get narrower as they go towards the rear of the car. Its the stratus mount that causes the interference more than the adapter. I used a 5Lb massager lol . I made a custom alt bracket off the a/c bracket. The stratus bracket is too big and makes the alt hit the srt intake.
    Good luck with your build.
    Dave

Garrett booster

Love the new look. Them rims look sweet but they would look even better on my csx for Windsor weekend lmk lol!

Basic Vendor (MSD, Hawk, etc) Turbo Mopar Contributor rbryant's Avatar

Now that I think about it, perhaps it would be possible to shorten the legs on the stratus engine bracket by 1/4" or so...

It would probably require grinding out some room for the timing belt but that isn't a big deal.

That way it would actually pull the mount toward the driver side closer to the engine and give more room on the rail with the engine still centered.

I will have to look at that option. When I was originally doing things I was fighting the other way trying to push things to the driver side to make a rear accessory fit but I don't have that problem anymore and neither would you if you are only running the front alternator.

I guess it depends on how close the timing belt really is to the mount because there isn't a lot of meat there.

-Rich

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast