Thread: Gabriel Ultra's?

Hybrid booster

Gabriel Ultra's?

Hey guys, I know our best affordable option for struts has generally been KYB GR2's, however, has anyone used Gabriel Ultras on their car? I'm curious as to their performance on heavier cars like my Lancer.

Thanks guys!
    Zach.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Re: Gabriel Ultra's?

Had them in the van, loved them. I always recommend those if you can get them.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Hybrid booster

I'm glad you liked them, GR2's just seem like decent quality soft riders to me heh. How well do you suppose Ultra's would cope with eibach springs?

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

they wont. they are a stock strut.

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

let me rephrase, theyll be fine for suspension techniques and the daytona (softer) eibachs.... shadow, no way.

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Hybrid booster

What would you suggest for springs? I don't know a lot about suspension, just putting that out there. And I have some extra cash just not enough extra cash for Koni's lol

Where are you getting Koni's? They don't make them anymore.

As for a spring, a few have run the Eibach's on stock stuff, barring that, basically finding some HD aftermarket replacements or custom made units.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

the Eibach springs specifically for the daytona are not as stiff as the ones specifically for a shadow. the shadow ones are the ones that pop stock struts and really should only be used with konis or a firmer valved shock.

Suspension techniques makes a set of 1' lowering springs and are ok for use with stock shocks as well.

the above parts are getting harder to get.

www.summitracing.com carries moog cargo coil springs that are for vehicles with heavy loads. they are a progressive spring that gets stiffer as the spring compresses and should have a higher spring rate than stock but still work with stock shocks and struts well.

since they are a progressive spring, they will have some tightly wound coils (coils close together) that you may be able to cut a coil off and be safe and lower the car a touch as they are a stock height spring.

if i had a stock suspension car, id try the moog cargo coils from summit, either KYB or gabriel shocks/struts, and then get some upgraded swaybars from polybushings.com and some bushings too. that would make the car handle pretty well.

brian

This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

What he said,

Hybrid booster

I know they don't make Koni's anymore but if you're lucky you can find a set
    They're still too expensive for me right now. I'm thinking of just getting some struts and shocks on there than will work and keeping the stock springs. I have plans to do better suspension in the future when I can afford it.

Hybrid booster

I was looking at those springs and I'm curious as to the difference between these two springs. The website shows the same data for them both as far as I can tell.
    http://www.summitracing.com/compare.aspx

is that the two different numbers for the cargo coils?

the address you posted relies on information on your browser from what you just clicked on that i no longer have.

since i looked at them i remember the two different part numbers. youd probably have to look them up on moogs site or contact them

Brian