Thread: Can't find part of my motor mount and am about ready to drop in the engine

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Can't find part of my motor mount and am about ready to drop in the engine

So, I have looked everywhere! I can't find the part of the passenger side motor mount that bolts to the long block. This part:

I have this part:

Does anyone have an extra "engine bracket" laying around I could nab for a fair price? My junk yards around here have pretty much crushed everything older than 2000 so you guys are my primary supplier for these sort of things.

Please let me know. Thanks.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: Can't find part of my motor mount and am about ready to drop in the engine

I don't think I have any at my house. If you still need one next week let me know and I can pick up one for you.

Hybrid booster

if cordes cant get you one im sure i have one laying around, lmk. hope fully there isnt a diff in the cb and the non cb

Quote Originally Posted by csomni View Post
    if cordes cant get you one im sure i have one laying around, lmk. hope fully there isnt a diff in the cb and the non cb
    Unless I'm sorely mistaken, they both bolt up just fine.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by csomni View Post

There is a difference between "some" cars!

OP, year, make, model would be helpful.

1989 Shelby CSX VNT # 68. 2.2 Turbo common block with G-head.

Quote Originally Posted by tryingbe View Post
    There is a difference between "some" cars!

OP, year, make, model would be helpful.
    I thought that the portion of the bracket he needs is the same on all vehicles, but the part which he has is what changes on the L body and the vans? Either way I would be pulling it off of a non-L, non-mini car.

turbo addict

Jake I'll take a look in my shed tomorrow and get back to yeah.
    Todd

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    I thought that the portion of the bracket he needs is the same on all vehicles, but the part which he has is what changes on the L body and the vans? Either way I would be pulling it off of a non-L, non-mini car.
    That is correct.

I've got a few of them if Todd comes up dry. LMK.

Banned Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    +1 vhjgvjk

turbo addict

Jake,
    Found some parts. Which ones do you need? PM or email me if you need me to drop these in the mail still.
    Todd
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4954.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	260.3 KB 
ID:	32867  

Thanks for posting Todd! I feel like a total dummy now. I have that mount but it didn't look like the one in the FSM so I thought it was the wrong one. I guess I'm all set. Thanks for helping me figure this out. I was kicking myself trying to figure out how I could have lost it and didn't remember ever seeing one like in the FSM. That explains it . . .

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowjake View Post
    Thanks for posting Todd! I feel like a total dummy now. I have that mount but it didn't look like the one in the FSM so I thought it was the wrong one. I guess I'm all set. Thanks for helping me figure this out. I was kicking myself trying to figure out how I could have lost it and didn't remember ever seeing one like in the FSM. That explains it . . .
    Glad you have things on hand and sorted out. Glad to help. A while ago you were posting something about where the two studs went. They go in the top holes not the bottom. Long bolt goes into lower hole (radiator side) and into CB waterpump cavity. On early blocks this penetrates waterjacket and sealer must be used. On CB it is a blind hole so no sealer is needed.
    Todd