Thread: LC-1 install in L body ideas

LC-1 install in L body ideas

Got my LC-1 for my T2 Omni. Hooking it up looks straight forward enough but would like some ideas on where you Omni guys put the controller and the bung for the O2. I would rather not zip tie the controller under the car but if it works it works! Want to know the well thought out installs.
    I was going to weld the bung just before the the cat or should it be closer?
    Any thoughts would be great/.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

Re: LC-1 install in L body ideas

Also interested in this info . . .

Hybrid booster

I'm guessing it can't be too different than a g-body...mine is thru the grommet for shifter cables, with the bung low enough on the down-pipe to avoid burning the sensor. if you take an exacto knife to the grommet, you can carve out just enough room for the cable to fit properly and still seal. this leaves the controller itself in the car unexposed and easy to access from behind the console.

Quote Originally Posted by Turboomni View Post
    Got my LC-1 for my T2 Omni. Hooking it up looks straight forward enough but would like some ideas on where you Omni guys put the controller and the bung for the O2. I would rather not zip tie the controller under the car but if it works it works! Want to know the well thought out installs.
    I was going to weld the bung just before the the cat or should it be closer?
    Any thoughts would be great/.
    I believe it's supposed to be like 18" down from the turbo. That or 24", which isn't that much more. I have mine somewhere in the meaty middle of that. I would think the controller would easily make it into the car given that the connector for the O2 sensor is usually long enough to reach into the rear seat area. I don't have a controller yet, so I don't know where mine would go other than in the center area behind the console.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the replies guys. I was hoping the controller could be somewhere in the console area ,maybe even near the center where the emergency brake is some how.
    If any L body guys that have done this I sure would like to hear your thoughts too.

turbo addict

Both my LC-1's are mounted here. http://www.pnw-sdac.org/gallery/v/Me..._1044.jpg.html Never had an issue. Then this allows the controller to sit on the tranny mount on the frame here: http://www.pnw-sdac.org/gallery/v/Me..._1093.jpg.html

Thanks GLHNSLHT2