Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheese N' Wheels 2011

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Cheese N' Wheels 2011

It's getting to be time for the annual TM invasion of the Cheese Eating Nationals. This is a real family event with something for everyone. There are buggy rides, tractors, cars, petting zoo, inflatibles, and all the free cheese you can eat. IIRC the Cheese wheel you get for the Cheese Curling is a $40 wheel. If anyone has questions feel free to post up or PM me.

The schedule for the weekend will be as follows.

Friday:
    I had planned on having anyone that arrives on Friday over for some burgers etc. We can also start a crazy project or fix something as usual.

Saturday:
    9AM-Car show registration. (I believe it was a $10-$15 entry fee last year)
    2PM-Cheese Eating Nationals (Free to enter, but show up early to ensure a spot)
    4PM- International Cheese Curling Team Championships (Also free)
    Evening time is usually filled with pool or car projects which didn't get finished yet.

Sunday:
    Concerts throughout the day. I may have to work for a bit, but Joy will be down there I'm sure.

Monday:
    6:30AM- Rat Race 5K beings (last year everyone who entered got a free block of cheese)
    We usually stay down there for the free sub and cheese giveaway.

Link to the official site of the Cheese Festival:
    http://www.arthurcheesefestival.com/index.html
    Last edited by cordes; 07-30-2011 at 01:06 AM.

Re: Cheese N' Wheels 2011

Bump so Jon sees this.

LOL Couldn't wait for this thread to get started!!!! I'll be there!
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

Just a few weeks away. Better make your plans to be in Arthur, IL Labor Day weekend!
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Cheese eating nats. Hmm. Sounds like a fun event. And imagine how much they save by not needing Porta-Potties.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    Cheese eating nats. Hmm. Sounds like a fun event. And imagine how much they save by not needing Porta-Potties.

There are actually have a ton of them around. They are CLEAN and easy to find. It's really nice actually.

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    Look, when your area has an Amish Cheese Making Festival, you can talk some smack. BAM!

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    There are actually have a ton of them around. They are CLEAN and easy to find. It's really nice actually.
    I personally try to never use them, but yes the one I did use last year was pretty clean. And I don't want to let the cat out of the bag yet, but Cordes and I have some plans for the GLHS the week leading up to the festival. Hoping to have some new paint on the ride to give it a solid color across the board. Documentation will take place, but if you want to see some of it in person, come on down for the festival!

turbo addict

You guys aren't painting it with cheese are you?

Quote Originally Posted by moparman76_69 View Post
    You guys aren't painting it with cheese are you?
    If you thought the puzzle piece charger was awesome, wait until you see the GLHS with cheese paint!

Also, should we all try to track down swiss cheese wheels for the event?

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

If you thought the puzzle piece charger was awesome, wait until you see the GLHS with cheese paint!

Also, should we all try to track down swiss cheese wheels for the event?
    I was hoping to get down there this year, but might be in Iowa with family that weekend instead. Cordes, if your coming to the SDAC-Chicago meeting this Saturday I could loan you the swiss cheese wheels and tires off my neon for the event. They are 5lug, so they will bolt right on the GLHS.
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...

Quote Originally Posted by Turbodave View Post
    I was hoping to get down there this year, but might be in Iowa with family that weekend instead. Cordes, if your coming to the SDAC-Chicago meeting this Saturday I could loan you the swiss cheese wheels and tires off my neon for the event. They are 5lug, so they will bolt right on the GLHS.
    Thanks for the offer Dave. Unfortunately I must work Saturday and Sunday this week. If you can make it down please do so. It appears as though we are going to have a record turnout this year.

Everyone should come for at least Saturday for the cheese eating contest and the car show. It will be awesome to have a good presence of TM people there.

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    Everyone should come for at least Saturday for the cheese eating contest and the car show. It will be awesome to have a good presence of TM people there.
    Agreed. The ballot stuffing will be a decided bonus.

After watching us all compete last year in the eating contest, my oldest two daughters want to give it a try

And both of my sons also insist on challenging me lol...plans are to have a couple cars there for the show
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Agreed. The ballot stuffing will be a decided bonus.
    Well I think it would be cool to have a few more TMs in the crowd. Unless someone unknown comes to town, I still plan on taking the longest distance award....again!

Quote Originally Posted by blk86trbo View Post
    After watching us all compete last year in the eating contest, my oldest two daughters want to give it a try

And both of my sons also insist on challenging me lol...plans are to have a couple cars there for the show
    That'll be awesome Paul! It will be great to to see you and the family again, this time with some young competition nipping at your heels! Don't worry, we'll finish before they will though and teach them we're older and wiser.....or just really foolish for eating so much cheese!

That's great to hear Paul.

If anyone has a kid that is close to 13 be sure to enter them. There are very few kids every year who are close to the cutoff. It's usually the oldest kid who wins.

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    That'll be awesome Paul! It will be great to to see you and the family again, this time with some young competition nipping at your heels! Don't worry, we'll finish before they will though and teach them we're older and wiser.....or just really foolish for eating so much cheese!
    Thanks Jon, yeah it will be a blast to hang out and eat some cheese again, LOL! I'm really looking forward to that eating contest...more than anything, it's hard to believe how good that cheese tasted! After last years contest was over, I never actually stopped eating the block I had until it was all gone, it was that good! This year the family wants to get into the curling competition too!

That's great to hear Paul.

If anyone has a kid that is close to 13 be sure to enter them. There are very few kids every year who are close to the cutoff. It's usually the oldest kid who wins.
    BTW, a big thanks to you and Jon for promoting this event last year! I seriously think you have led us to a new family tradition Are you guys planning to park in the same area of the car show? My intentions are to bring an IROC and the Lancer ES.
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Jon, yeah it will be a blast to hang out and eat some cheese again, LOL! I'm really looking forward to that eating contest...more than anything, it's hard to believe how good that cheese tasted! After last years contest was over, I never actually stopped eating the block I had until it was all gone, it was that good! This year the family wants to get into the curling competition too!

BTW, a big thanks to you and Jon for promoting this event last year! I seriously think you have led us to a new family tradition Are you guys planning to park in the same area of the car show? My intentions are to bring an IROC and the Lancer ES.
    I'm thinking that we should try and meet up before heading out to the show so that we can get spots next to one another. Since Jon won't be driving in from out of town this year it should be no problem. We could even save two spots for you guys if you aren't going to be down here super early.

I'm thinking that we should try and meet up before heading out to the show so that we can get spots next to one another. Since Jon won't be driving in from out of town this year it should be no problem. We could even save two spots for you guys if you aren't going to be down here super early.
    It would be great if you could find a place for us all to park together, as my family will have a busy morning and probably won't make it down until around noon. My oldest boy has to be at the Dept of Motor Vehicles early, and if things go as planned, he will be getting his driver's license and piloting the IROC down...to say he is excited would be a major understatement LOL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast