Thread: 85 Lebaron GTS turbo

Garrett booster

85 Lebaron GTS turbo

Date: 15th July 2011
    Username: garaithon
    Full Name:Gary Snowden
    City, State, Zip:Seymour IN, 47274
    Selling or Wanted Price: 900 FIRM!
    Description: Up for sale is my 85 Lebaron GTS Trubo. Car is stock, with auto trans and 2.2 turbo I engine. Has 129,004 miles, with black leather interior and digital dash.

Car runs and drives great! Makes boost like it should. It doesn’t smoke and trans shifts good. Interior is in good shape. Has power windows and locks. I daily drove this car for about a year and put 16,000 miles on it since I bought it in February of 2010.

It does need a lot of little things. There is an oil leak and coolant leak on the back side of the engine, possibly from the turbo oil and coolant lines and/or the oil pan. I put an new 1 piece style valve cover and new valve cover gasket on it and solved some of the oil leak. The radiator started leaking this past winter so I put a shadow radiator (not quite the same radiator) I had lying around in it. It works but doesn’t line up with the mounting tabs and is just zip tied in right now. The rear brake line on the passenger side has a very slight leak at the fitting were the line changes from a hard line to the soft line. Brakes still are solid and work fine I just noticed the line was a little damp last time I was under it and needs to be addressed.

The front power windows work fine. The drivers side rear window works but gets stuck if you rolled it all the way down. The passenger side rear window falls down on its own, I wedged a motor trend magazine between the door and window to keep it up (about the only thing motor trend good for!) The stock radio works good, but the drivers side front speaker works sometimes, the other speakers work fine. The rear door panels are removed right now but I have them. A/C is all there but doesn’t work and I haven’t really looked into what is wrong with it. Heat works great.

The car does have some rust but not terrible (see pictures). Car needs tires and comes with the original pizza wheels. 3 pizzas have ok tires but they are really old and hard. The tire on the other wheel broke a cord and is no good. Car will come mounted with the 3 pizzas with tires and one donut (not the wheels pictured!) I do have a few other sets of wheels that maybe available for extra.

I would like for the car to go to someone that will fix it and drive it. I really love this car but, Im looking to buy a house, and I don’t need a 3rd project car… With a little work it can be an everyday car again. In the state it is in now you could drive it on a couple hour road trip home if you bring another wheel to replace the donut that’s on it now. Let me know if you have any questions as Im sure I forgot things!

Thanks,

Gary
    http://s852.photobucket.com/albums/ab83/garaithon/
    For those selling, a photo showing the items you have for sale/trade needs to have a piece of paper with your username and date included in the photo.

The above details are not optional. This is to protect buyers... just put yourself in their shoes.

turbo addict

Re: 85 Lebaron GTS turbo

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	partsforsale073.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	326.8 KB 
ID:	32461
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	partsforsale072.jpg 
Views:	315 
Size:	226.7 KB 
ID:	32462
    1988 Lancer Shelby 2.2TII 1989 Shadow ES 2.5TI 1992 Lebaron Sedan 3.0Auto 1993 Acclaim 2.5TI-A520 Hoard parts now!

Hybrid booster

still available?

Garrett booster

Sure is!

Hybrid booster

how much oil/coolant does it leak? How much would you want for a complete set of rims with tires that will get me back ( 5 hrs ).

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

just call or text me 3305462028

Garrett booster

Ill give you a call in the morning!

Hybrid booster

Ok hopefully I'm up lol

Hybrid booster

Are both of the rear door panels missing?

Hybrid booster

never mind I just re read your post. They are removed but you still have them. Cool!!

Garrett booster

SOLD! Thanks Moe! Hope you had a safe trip. Take care of her!

Hybrid booster

Good car runs real nice. a little rough when it idles but was great on the freeway.

Oh and rear tires almost fell off on the highway.... they were real loose. i could turn them by hand.

Garrett booster

Yea those tires were poop! We probly should have added air to them before you left... Glad you made it back ok!