Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What number SDAC events have been at what locations?

Hybrid booster

Re: What number SDAC events have been at what locations?

^ LOL, yeah, I was thinking the same thing...

turbo addict

Angelo, do you do paper work after a run? Every time I saw you after a run it looked like you were jotting down stuff on a notepad.

Garrett booster

SDAC 2 was at MIR Budd's creek in southern Md. The autocross in MIR's parking lot had a 360 circle in it and I think you had to go around it twice? It was alot of fun. Drags had a lot of different race's with one a 60' race, heads up and I think My wife in a 88 CSXT beat dave Z in the prototype T3 daytona.
    Lambross was there selling and Someone from the Motorsports TV show was the keynote speaker. I think I remember the fast car's running 13's those were the "Old days"

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Mopar318 View Post
    Angelo, do you do paper work after a run? Every time I saw you after a run it looked like you were jotting down stuff on a notepad.
    I have log sheets that I fill in all the pertanent information on. I have been keeping them from every single pass I have ever made down the track, every since the summer of 1983 when I started in a high 15 second 1981 Plymouth Euro Sedan with the 2.2 and FOUR speed! The following is what I note:

Date, name of the event, track, car used, round trip mileage, mileage per pass, total miles, entry cost, winnings, estimated 1/4 time, estimated 1/8 time, wind direction & speed, barometric pressure, air temp, humidity, AIR DENSITY, tire pressure, coolant temp, RT, 0-60, 330, 1/8th et & mph, 1000, 1/4 et & mph, time, opponent & their ride, their dial, all their et & mph info, comments on traction, and comments on the race itself. Old Matchbox on a windless day runs within .02 usually, but wind affects it a lot and a big swing in the air density does too. In 2009 at my last time in the NHRA Division 3 ET Finals I had made 9 passes in a three day period with air temps from the high 40s to the mid 80s and all passes were within .009!!!! That car needs only a driver to win! By comparison, my 1995 SOHC Neon 5 speed with only a different muffler CAI, and a TB from one with an automatic car has ran within .04 in all 7 of the races that I have entered it, from last year when my mechanic owned it and this year after I bought it! I have won 3 races, got one RU, and was a semi-finalist once. On the two races that I did not make money...I let a much faster car around me at the finish line (NOW I know how to dial it) and was unable to make the call to the staging lanes when I had moved off the return road to let a rail by and ripped open the oil filter when I pulled back onto the road! This car (The Cheap Skate) also only needs a driver to win. My 1996 3 banger Geo Metro (The White Gnat) runs within .10 and the least consistant car is my 2005 SRT4 (Pit Bull) that is within .40 from pass to pass!
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]47 Time NHRA/IHRA drag race champ-----84 Plymouth Horizon/1 of 84 HO equipped from the factory/1910 lbs, 2.5 with carb, nearly 315,000 miles-----04 SRT4/S2 with S3 turbo/12.17 @ 119/DOTs/93 Octane/SOLD-----2003 PT Cruiser GT, won a True Street class at the 2017 National Muscle Car Association World Street Finals-----2010 Toyota Prius/my delivery truck, 77.9 mpg best and NOT A PLUG IN, nearly 230,000 miles and way over 5600 miles per month! [/COLOR][/SIZE]

turbo addict

Thats awesome. It seems like its really about being able to calculate and drive the car too!

turbo addict

In the case of Matchbox...if I could remove my 230 lbs from the drivers seat the car would run almost 1 second quicker in the 1/4!
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]47 Time NHRA/IHRA drag race champ-----84 Plymouth Horizon/1 of 84 HO equipped from the factory/1910 lbs, 2.5 with carb, nearly 315,000 miles-----04 SRT4/S2 with S3 turbo/12.17 @ 119/DOTs/93 Octane/SOLD-----2003 PT Cruiser GT, won a True Street class at the 2017 National Muscle Car Association World Street Finals-----2010 Toyota Prius/my delivery truck, 77.9 mpg best and NOT A PLUG IN, nearly 230,000 miles and way over 5600 miles per month! [/COLOR][/SIZE]

turbo addict

So SDAC this coming 2012 should be about June 19th-23rd ???
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

turbo addict

Updated list...kind of interesting to me...I have attended 19 of our events, ten times with Matchbox...and won either brackets or turtle event 13 times.
    11 in Matchbox, 1 in a 87 Voyager V6, and 1 with my old SRT4. I did not realize until I went through my records that my 1st event was SDAC-4 at Indy...the box was only 10 years old!

SDAC-1 Baltimore MD area - no drag racing - Did not go
    SDAC-2 Same area as 1, but different - I can't recall the dragstrip name, near Philly I think - Did not go
    SDAC-3 Detroit, Mi - Milan Dragway - Did not go
    SDAC-4 Indy - Muncie Dragway - Matchbox
    SDAC-5 Harpers Ferry, WV - 75/80 Dragaway - Matchbox
    SDAC-6 Topeka - Heartland Park - Matchbox
    SDAC-7 Detroit, MI - Milan Dragway Lost 1st round and was sick all week long - Used the 11 second Omni with only high 12 second bursts of NOS for Q8, but it was a bracket race so I shut it off to run 14.0s
    SDAC-8 Indianapolis, IN Indianapolis Raceway Park - Matchbox
    SDAC-9 Joliet IL - Rte 66 Motorsports Park - Cancelled for Brittany Spears then she cancelled her show due to a call from me! - Matchbox
    SDAC-10 Detroit - Milan Dragway - V6 Mini-van
    SDAC-11 Canada - Cayuga Dragway (name has changed since then) - Matchbox
    SDAC-12 Memphis, TN - Memphis Motorsports Park - Matchbox
    SDAC-13 Maryland - Cecil County Dragway - Did not go
    SDAC-14 Chicago, IL - Great Lakes Dragaway Union Grove WI - Matchbox
    SDAC-15 Cincinnati, OH Edgewater Motorsports Park - Matchbox
    SDAC-16 Topeka, KS - Heartland Park Topeka - Matchbox (this is the one that I was clocked at 123 by a KS ST trooper and let go because I was outrunning a late 80s Corvette on I-70 on the way there!!!!!)
    SDAC-17 Pittsburgh, Pa Pittsburg Raceway Park - Matchbox
    SDAC-18 Detroit, MI - Milan Dragway - Matchbox
    SDAC-19 Cincinnati, OH Edgewater Motorsports Park - Pit Bull / 05 SRT4 with crappy 13.5s on street tires, now 12.1s
    SDAC-20 Hagerstown MD - Mason Dixon - Did not go
    SDAC-21 Waukegan, IL - Great Lakes Dragaway - Matchbox
    SDAC-22 Auburn Hills, MI - Milan Dragway - Matchbox
    SDAC-23 New Castle, IN - Muncie Dragway - Matchbox
    SDAC-24 East Troy, WI - Great Lakes Draqway - Matchbox
    SDAC 25 Lancaster, PA - Maple Grove Dragway - Matchbox

Hybrid booster

Just for fun I highlighted the events I attended. I wouldhave been at this year’s event and even planned on it but was due to work responsibilitieswas required to be in Vancouver that week.

SDAC-1 Baltimore MD area
    SDAC-2 Same area as 1,
    SDAC-3 Detroit, Mi
    SDAC-4 Indy
    SDAC-5 Harpers Ferry, WV
    SDAC-6 Topeka
    SDAC-7 Detroit, MI
    SDAC-8 Indianapolis
    SDAC-9 Joliet IL (Yes, I actually did go.....Drove all the way from Montreal...The look On Barry's face when Pat and I walked into the hotel was one of disbelief...)
    SDAC-10 Detroit
    SDAC-11 Canada

SDAC-12 Memphis
    SDAC-13 Maryland
    SDAC-14 Chicago, IL
    SDAC-15 Cincinnati,
    SDAC-16 Topeka, KS
    SDAC-17 Pittsburgh, Pa
    SDAC-18 Detroit, MI
    SDAC-19 Cincinnati, OH

SDAC-20 Hagerstown MD
    SDAC-21 Waukegan, IL
    SDAC-22 Auburn Hills
    SDAC-23 New Castle, IN
    SDAC-24 East Troy, WI
    SDAC 25 Lancaster, PA

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

OK, as a newer member who has only been around a couple of years, I gotta ask: What was the deal with SDAC-9???

boostaholic

SDAC-9 Joliet IL - Rte 66 Motorsports Park - Cancelled because a Brittany Spears concert took precedence at the location

Sy2206 went anyway and said it was one heck of a show!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

^ Yeah about this call to Brittany's people Angelo? I don't think I've heard that story before, do tell...

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Keito View Post
    SDAC-9 Joliet IL - Rte 66 Motorsports Park - Cancelled because a Brittany Spears concert took precedence at the location

Sy2206 went anyway and said it was one heck of a show!

Wow....

I'd definitely rather look at TM's than that skank...

Thanks, now I know the rest of the story...

Hybrid booster

I thought it was boys to men??

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by ATaylorRacing View Post
    SDAC-11 Canada
    Oh right, the city of Canada.
    :facepalm:

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

SDAC-9 Joliet IL - Rte 66 Motorsports Park - Cancelled for Brittany Spears then she cancelled her show due to a call from me! - Matchbox
    I think this article mentioned your call...
    http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1...rtin-dance-bon

Quote Originally Posted by Gaboon View Post
    SDAC-9 Joliet IL (Yes, I actually did go.....Drove all the way from Montreal...The look On Barry's face when Pat and I walked into the hotel was one of disbelief...)
    I was amazed when you guys pulled up to Chryguy's house!

"SDAC-9 cancellation" shirt on ebay...
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1990s-1999-B...-/280936620641

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    ^ Yeah about this call to Brittany's people Angelo? I don't think I've heard that story before, do tell...
    Don't you know....I lied a bit here...or out and out lied a lot! Actually, she cancelled saying she was ill to cover my only extra-marital affair with her!
    THIS NEXT PART IS TRUE! The next year my 1st Mrs Taylor kicked me out and divorced me...only to marry the exchange student we brought over from Europe!
    Back to BS...The Brittney thing did not work out...dang it.
    Last edited by ATaylorRacing; 07-17-2015 at 07:08 AM.

Back to BS...The Brittney thing did not work out...dang it.

Given the way her career tanked, and the ensuing chaos in her life, I think you lucked out there!!!!

We Todd D dot D Turbo Mopar Staff sdac guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 83scamp View Post
    OK, as a newer member who has only been around a couple of years, I gotta ask: What was the deal with SDAC-9???
    To explain what led up to SDAC-9 being canceled. SDAC had secured dates to rent Route 66 Raceway for 3 days, 3 events. To do the car show in their parking lot, drag racing, and road course. The weekend following our events the track was hosting a concert headlined by Britney Spears.

A few days prior to our scheduled arrival there, the track management called to let the SDAC management know that the concert promoters needed more prep time, and therefore our dates had been canceled. The SDAC management at the time called as many folks that had pre-registered as they could to notify them of the cancellation. But some were already on their way, like Joey and Pat.

A older couple from Iowa (IIRC) arrived with their car on a tow dolly. They got hung up in the motel parking lot and dented their Shelby. They were extremely ticked off when they were informed that the event had been canceled. Turns out, the man had given only his office number as a contact, but had been on vacation the previous week, so he missed the call from the SDAC management.

That was the weekend that the former SDAC management turned the club over to me to direct it. There were about 18-20 folks that attended a gathering at Chryguy's house as a mini-SDAC-9. Chryguy was a gracious host and a good time was had by all. Joey's (Gabboon) Shelby Charger was the hit of the event!! It is a beautiful car.

BTW, had SDAC-9 actually been held, it would have been a mess. Torrential rains the week before had most of Rt 66 Raceway under water. They had a Corvette gathering prior to the rain starting and when we drove through there, cars were still stranded on high ground, and in tents. The water was anywhere from 6-10" deep. Nearly all the road course was flooded, as was much of the area around the drag strip.

Barry
    86 Shelby Lancer Prototype
    90 Daytona Shelby VNT
    91 Spirit R/T

For your questions about SDAC, please contact BadAssPerformance

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    I think this article mentioned your call...
    http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1...rtin-dance-bon

I was amazed when you guys pulled up to Chryguy's house!

"SDAC-9 cancellation" shirt on ebay...
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1990s-1999-B...-/280936620641
    Part of me actually wants to buy that shirt...A very small part.
    Hanging out at Chryguy's house was the saving grace of the whole trip.

Quote Originally Posted by sdac guy View Post
    To explain what led up to SDAC-9 being canceled. SDAC had secured dates to rent Route 66 Raceway for 3 days, 3 events. To do the car show in their parking lot, drag racing, and road course. The weekend following our events the track was hosting a concert headlined by Britney Spears.

A few days prior to our scheduled arrival there, the track management called to let the SDAC management know that the concert promoters needed more prep time, and therefore our dates had been canceled. The SDAC management at the time called as many folks that had pre-registered as they could to notify them of the cancellation. But some were already on their way, like Joey and Pat.

A older couple from Iowa (IIRC) arrived with their car on a tow dolly. They got hung up in the motel parking lot and dented their Shelby. They were extremely ticked off when they were informed that the event had been canceled. Turns out, the man had given only his office number as a contact, but had been on vacation the previous week, so he missed the call from the SDAC management.

That was the weekend that the former SDAC management turned the club over to me to direct it. There were about 18-20 folks that attended a gathering at Chryguy's house as a mini-SDAC-9. Chryguy was a gracious host and a good time was had by all. Joey's (Gabboon) Shelby Charger was the hit of the event!! It is a beautiful car.

BTW, had SDAC-9 actually been held, it would have been a mess. Torrential rains the week before had most of Rt 66 Raceway under water. They had a Corvette gathering prior to the rain starting and when we drove through there, cars were still stranded on high ground, and in tents. The water was anywhere from 6-10" deep. Nearly all the road course was flooded, as was much of the area around the drag strip.

Barry
    You know what it was Barry, Pat and I rarely pre-register and I'm almost certain like most years we didn't for SDAC-9 Therefore we probably weren't on the list of people to call.
    We at least should have checked the web site before departing but......
    Anyway, it still turned out to be fun, at least for the evening gathering at Chryguy's place.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast