Thread: Rotas and big brakes / slicks

Rotas and big brakes / slicks

Is anyone running the 15 inch Rotas on a big brake car? If you are I assume they clear everything. Next question, I am running the 7.5 23-15 M&H on 6.5 crabs. I need wider slicks. What wheel width are people using for the 8.5 23-15's? What backspacing is needed to run your wider wheel with the 8.5's on a g-body?

My current slicks are getting old (4 years), the edges are nearing wearout from running such low tire pressure and they don't hold anymore (in either 1st or 2nd). The taller slicks might lower my top end rpm too much so I am quite interesting in a retaining the current height but going to a wider slick and what it takes to run them.

Thanks

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Re: Rotas and big brakes / slicks

I am using 15x7 slipstreams, they work well with 24.5's and now running 26's, 8 inch's wide. I do have to run a 20mm spacer otherwise the tire hits the strut. Can't remember the offset of the wheel.

I ran 24.5's on stock wheels for years, not optimal but worked great.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

There is a wheel's shop here that can modify custom wheels, I have ordered these:

They are basically 15x8, the center came form a Dakota with 6 bolt pattern, this guy have created the 5/100 bolt pattern but the funny thing is that they are reversed, thats why you can see the offset all the way out, this way they not hit anything, they dont need spacers and the only bad thing is when I try to make a turn, but since they are only for straight racing I dont care!!

The slicks I have are 23.5x8.5x15 MH

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Rota 7.5" has on the shelf slipstreams with a 20mm offset that 24.5x8.5 slicks on stock struts with no mods
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=