Thread: Wanted! Dig heater control for 86 New Yorker.

Garrett booster

Wanted! Dig heater control for 86 New Yorker.

Picked up an 86 New Yorker turbo with the digital talking dash. But the heater control unit is jazzed up and won't open the flapper door. Let me know and shipping to 53092 mequon,wi thanks...

Re: Wanted! Dig heater control for 86 New Yorker.

#3848576 digital auto temp control 1986-87 NY only

I have 11 of them but am closed till 9-1-2011

www.arizonaparts.com

Re: Wanted! Dig heater control for 86 New Yorker.

What is the exact problem you're having? Is it the hot-cold blend door, or the one that switches between defrost and vents? Either way I don't think you need the front panel since those rarely ever go bad. The hot-cold issue is the easiest to fix since it uses an electric motor assembly that's bolted to the bottom of the heater box. The vent-defrost is a bit more work. The plastic arm assembly that moves the blend door likes to break off smooth with the top of the heater box and the only way to fix it correctly is to pull the dash and the heater box since the heater box needs to be split to remove the plastic piece that breaks. I have had some good luck with just pulling the dash and then cutting the top of the heater box with a dremel and glueing it back in place with JB weld once the white plastic arm has been replaced. It might be the mode controller has gone bad whick is another somewhat common problem. This is the electric-pnumatic assembly that is bolted in the heater box. please be aware that the interchange is 86-87 New Yorker, and 87 J body(2 door) Lebaron. The same goes for the front control panel except the Lebaron unit will have a black face. I believe there is actually a diagnostic mode that you can put the temp panel in and it will give error codes for some of the issues. If you have any other questions, let me know and I will try to help as best I can.

Thanks,

Ben Huebner
    84 Laser XE TII A555 89 Caravan SE TIV A568